Reviews for Where We Stand
Whereru chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
OOOh so sad! But great writing. I love your stories. I think it is Heyes speaking wait no, Kid yep kid. (:(:(:(:(:(:(

It depends on how you look at the faces above. Are they happy or sad?
Whereru chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
Great just great. I really love your descriptions and i don't think it is too sad. You are a really great writer. Keep up the good work!
Katherine chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Oh this was fab, and so sad, but who was speaking? please tell us.
Ghislaine Emrys chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Congratulations on posting your first ASJ story! It's always great to read something by a new ASJ author, and I hope you continue writing. This was very well done; the first-person narrative was very believable and the emotions-joy and jealousy both-came through clearly. I really enjoyed how the thoughts of the narrator wavered and that it could have been either one of the partners. However, I think it was Curry speaking; the tip-off for me came when the narrator thought he could've done a better job protecting his partner. Since that was supposed to be Curry's job, to me it makes sense that it's Curry telling the story.
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
Oh how sad!:( But I can understand one of them mourning the loss of the past even while being pleased with their long-awaited freedom.

Personally I see this as Heyes' POV, simply because he strikes me a being more emotionally needy than Kid.
Glenda chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
Curry was speaking. Curry always watched Heyes' back.
laurose chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
This is a very good idea, and you've written it as well as it deserves.

The ambiguity is one of its strengths; but myself, I'm just slightly inclined to think it's the Kid's POV, because Heyes would be thinking more 'what shall I do about this situation?'

Thank you, and I hope you write more ASJ.
WC chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
Yes, I agree...BIG HUG needed, and reassurance. Otherwise, this is way too sad and depressing.
anonymous chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
I like this story. It is the natural reaction a long time partner would have when his partner took a wife. I thought it was Kid speaking because he talked about protecting his partner and that he should've been more cheerful. To me, Heyes has always been the more optimistic of the two. Great first!
rwebb chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
Or- the other partner came up to him and let him know that nothing's changed between them and gives him a big hug! :) Yea, I think it was Heyes speaking.
Friscogirl chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
Gosh this is sad. To have looked forward to amnesty and then...feel like you're to live your "free" life all alone.

I can't help but think Heyes is the unhappy one. In the tv series Heyes was always making up the story that Curry was marrying the mayor's daughter!

All I can think of to cheer this up would be at the end to have a pretty lady approach Heyes and his heart lurches in a sudden feeling that this is kismet!