Reviews for Just Playing the Old Games
H. Artemis chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
This is a wonderful read, the emotions feel real. I love everything, despite the disturbing turn of events (really, Erik? you knew it wasn't him) and Raven morphing into Mystique and the clueless-ness (Charles, oh Charles).
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
Great story. That was intense and interesting!
Herdcat chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
oooh this is beautiful! I always thought that having Mystique as a lover could cause problems if there was someone else involved - I have read this sort of story before but not from her perspective and that made it even more twisted
Yoline Nimai chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
Oh, this was so sad and beautifully written...
dark-nexus17 chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
SO MUCH ANGST! I love how you've portryaed Mystique though, and her development and contrast to Raven.
yokainomiko chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
Dude, I totally thought something like this would happen (the Charles!Mystique thing) and you did it wonderfully.

It's curious to see how Raven goes from First Class to the later movies and I think that you wrote it well.
karicatura chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Woooowww I really love this self confidence and controled Mistyque!

She rules the world!
lori-la-strange chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
This is fantastic. I never expected to feel sympathy for Erik too, but when he gives in to the fantasy, it's actually quite sad and moving. Great stuff!
Dreaming-Of-A-Nightmare chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
SO. FUCKING. AMAZING/BRILLIANT/FANTASTIC/EPIC! DJFKSJFHSKJHFSJSD!

(why do i enjoy this triangle/concept so much of Mystique-as-Charles...?)

(also: i LOVE the metaphor of Raven dying right then and there, and Raven's last whisper of doubt. so clever.)

you are now my favorite X-Men author. JUST SO YOU KNOW. 8D
alycat21 chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
Fantastic! I love stories with Raven!angst. I am a firm believer in Charles/Erik OTP, but I always feel bad for Raven, doomed to always be second best. This was great!
LovelyLytton chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
And the Author Alert has already paid off. Wow, what a feat! Writing Raven/Mystique in the skin of Charles is such a challenge, but one you mastered with bravado. Again, you blew me away.