Reviews for Comfort
WindWolf13 chapter 1 . 11/27/2014
You're right; I did forget about Pike. Now I feel like crud. But thanks for remembering for me! :)
And the rest was cool, too! I'll remember this, and tell my friends to look it up!
CityDurl chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
Great story! Pike was always my favorite. I just love the neglected characters in any ensemble.
Vampy chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
Dowww... XD Pike used to be my least favorite long... long ago... But yeah, he's great! And needs some love and comfort too! Nice writing, hope you'll write lots more! ;) V.
candiii chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
Oh my gosh- i love it!
sabine chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
This story is just perfect.

It's good to see this moment from Pike's perspective. And Skywise did seem like he was willfully holding himself together through that whole ordeal- like, as soon as he let down his guard he could fall apart. This reminds me of that panel where he holds Ember and Suntop and cries.

I like how you have Pike comfort him, saying "you fought so well today," and later remembering Skywise as a child. In those two moments, it was easy to see Pike having played the role of a big brother of sorts.

It's clear here how devastated Skywise would have been to lose Cutter. Pike is alone without Rainsong- and Skywise would have been more alone without Cutter. This story really shows how kind and generous Pike can be- but also how easygoing he is, how able to adapt to the flow of things, and how very much part of his tribe.
Nina chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
I love this story! And it's entirely within character- in fact, it seems very true to the essence and feel of Elfquest. It's very touching. I really hope you write more EQ fanfic- you have a real sense of the characters and are a wonderful writer!

And it fit so well into the larger story- I could absolutely picture this moment taking place.

Thanks so much! You made my day!