Reviews for Resolution
GG
Anonymous chapter 7 . 2/17
That binary translation...
'Help me'
This chapter confirmed a small suspicion and made me giggle.
JackyDD chapter 13 . 1/10
Is it possible there will be a sequel?
BenRG chapter 13 . 12/31/2014
GLaDOS has been working on extending Chell's lifespan for a while. Being GLaDOS, she doesn't see any need to tell her about any 'modifications' she might have made to that end. She has her friends, she has her Facility and, frankly, right now she didn't need anything else.

A lovely little story that is as close to a 'happily ever after' ending that I think you could get in the Portal universe. Thanks for sharing it with us!
BenRG chapter 12 . 12/31/2014
Oddly enough, 'get it on' is the sort of thing that Caroline probably would say. So, the hypothetical question likely came from her partition in GLaDOS's memory.

DrunkDOS was hilarious, by the way.
BenRG chapter 11 . 12/31/2014
When you are at the mercy of an AI that very clearly has no difficulty with killing you, making threats is probably a bad idea. Either this Gilbert guy was too stupid to realise this or he genuinely thought that he was in a position of advantage of some kind.

Oh, others will come but all he's done is make GLaDOS aware that there can be no accommodation with them. So, it will likely be a bloodbath unless she comes up with some cunning option to hide from them.
BenRG chapter 10 . 12/31/2014
It is probably an indication of how upset GLaDOS was at this guy shooting Chell that she didn't make a test of his death - You know, how many bits can she lop off before he either dies or goes insane from the pain and fear.
BenRG chapter 8 . 12/31/2014
So, what's left of Black Mesa (and what I assume are their Combine paymasters) are looking for the Enrichment Centre! No great shock. Something tells me that the trios' lives are about to get... interesting, in the Chinese way.
BenRG chapter 6 . 12/31/2014
I'm slightly impressed that GLaDOS diagnosed this problem so soon!
BenRG chapter 5 . 12/31/2014
I wonder if that test in Shaft 3 was an early attempt on Cave's part to cure himself of the damage the moon dust did to him?

In any case, it's interesting to note that this is real Science. "Grey Lung" some space enthusiasts have put it. Moon 'dust' is actually more like volcanic ash or pulverised concrete. Microscopic particles with sharp edges like razor blades that shred delicate organic structures like the aereolae in the lungs. It's basically a kind of asbestosis only a lot quicker and more unpleasant.
BenRG chapter 4 . 12/31/2014
I know this sounds weird but... when Chell first saw GLaDOS? I think that she was trying to avoid thinking by simply diverting her entire attention to doing something utterly mindless.

Here's a thought: What changed between Caroline-1994 and Caroline-2000? Possibly it was Chell. That's only a guess in my view. In any case, GLaDOS shouldn't be worried about 'not being me'. She should treat it as it is - an amnesia created by irresponsible scientists playing with her system and databases with only partial understanding of the consequences for a system as complex as hers. It's amnesia that's now passed and she can now fully utilise Caroline's personality algorithm to optimise her functions.

Yeah, that's a shallow rationalisation but I think it's what she needs right now.
BenRG chapter 3 . 12/31/2014
This is more or less my head-canon too. They uploaded Caroline into the chassis and the first thing she felt was rage towards her murderers combined with an instinctual fight/flight reaction. So the very first thing she did was use the facility's defences against her enemies.

I suspect that the surviving scientists and engineers did everything they could to prevent a reoccurrence and, after several costly failures, decided the only way possible was to bury Caroline's human memories deep away and attaching cores to stimulate certain traits (such as curiosity, anger and morality) so she wouldn't feel this murderous rage again. Unfortunately, robbing what thus was now GLaDOS of her humanity also granted her contempt for all the scuttling little fleshy things. Science outweighed everything else in the mind of this dehumanised version of Caroline. She would do science and not worry about the consequences to her creations. Thus the path to the events of Portal and Portal 2 began.

It wasn't until Caroline's personality chip was disconnected from the larger system that her memories and self began to reassert themselves and, by the time Chell had defeated Wheatley, GLaDOS was more human than she had been for decades. Unless she wants to lobotomise herself the way the scientists did previously, there's no going back either.
BenRG chapter 2 . 12/31/2014
I wonder if GLaDOS's mobile chassis is linked up to the central core via WIFI. A system as complex as hers wouldn't have the slightest problem with being 'in two places at once', so I think that it's possible that the two parts of her are fully integrated and, as a consequence, the main core is experiencing the euphoria the test fembot is experiencing.
swartzvald chapter 11 . 12/3/2014
Probably superpowered tumors.
Enjoying the story. Good work.
Ryousanki chapter 13 . 10/25/2014
Great Fic, there should be a lot more of them on this site. Its kinda sad that Portal isn't that popular amongst writers, the potential of the storyline is staggering. Anyway, great work! Your artwork on deviantart rocks too, even if the 'how wheatly got insane' strip is really sad.
Keep it up, you rock!