Reviews for The war is over
NeonZangetsu chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
Very Angsty. Very Cute. Very Nice. 5/5 XD
baobabs chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
Really, really beautiful. You painted this gorgeous picture of post-war grief; I mean, after everything's done and finished, there are still the husbands and sons and brothers who aren't ever going to come home, you know? And the way Katara just *can't* love Aang because of his (sortof)innocence and that line "the fire burning her mother alive" - that was just heartbreaking. -_-

There were so many absoltuely gems found here:

"because I let you go, he'd said, the little boy with too many years and too thin bones, hollow bones, maybe, like a bird with wide wings"

"The whole world is mourning, for a person or a home or a lost war (because Hakoda says no one ever wins a battle), and the tears and the shame and the sadness are walking in the streets with a tired air that makes you want to sit under a tree and sleep forever. The soldiers are coming back and the families are what they were a thousand of years ago, with more scars and something sharp on the edges—"

And yeah, I just wanted to congratulate you for writing such a brilliant brilliant masterpiece. And to rave about how damn good this is. XD
wolflover97 chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
Whoa... thats some intense stuff right there... I love the way you wrote this story out, it made it more interesting and fun to read. Write more like this!
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
I kinda get the impression that Katara is ultimately angsting over being happy with Zuko; feeling like she doesn't deserve to be happy when so many people are still hurting and grieving?

It's just an impression, though. With this disjointed writing style, I find it rather hard to tell what's going on.
Scherherazade chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
Interesting,lyrical, and a bit melancholy. I'm unclear as to whether or not Katara and Zuko plan to stay together and fight for their relationship but it seems that is the case.