Reviews for To Smite in Winter
cyarian chapter 1 . 1/28
very funny chapter
Caraine chapter 15 . 12/22/2014
Look who returned to the fandom!

The banter between Morrigan and Tess was great - I really like how Tess drives Morrigan crazy. Although, I can see where Morrigan is coming from... how do you stem that tirade of reminiscing that Tess likes to indulge in? But then if you did that, you'd miss out on all the not-so-subtle digs at the Witch LOL. And now she's off to find Cullen? Well, well, well.

(nh09jrb)
Guest chapter 15 . 11/23/2014
Excellent stories! And your chapter of Alistair and Morrigan having done the ritual makes me wish there was one as King and Queen trying to raise the child, assuming you'd have them stay together and have one. I can see them clash over different parenting styles. Course they'd make up later ;)
Guest chapter 1 . 6/11/2014
What the FUCK?!
Zennyth chapter 14 . 2/27/2013
This may have rekindled my urge to play Dragon Age again...you've captured the antics of these characters perfectly. Especially Alistair. Very funny and well done!
Robert's Hammer chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
Funny as hell
The Grinning Psychopath chapter 6 . 7/27/2012
hehehheheheheeeh awwee soo cute...

its too bad Shale wasn't there lol! ohh she would totally freak hahahhahaaah

ooooh if she'd been there when Tess decided to fly off of Sten, Tess probably woulda landed right on her head hahahahhaaah!
Judy chapter 13 . 6/24/2012
Excellent!
Judy chapter 11 . 6/24/2012
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Funny!
Judy chapter 10 . 6/24/2012
EXCELLENT AND FUNNY!
Caraine chapter 13 . 6/24/2012
I like this very much. It gives some context to why your Tess is the way she is. It's interesting to see how her character develops throughout the chapter based on the significant encounters you have described and how that in turn affects everything else, for example her response to Wynne leads to her Harrowing (I imagine). The intervention of Duncan in her self-reproach is good and prevents her from being swallowed up by her own self doubt and guilt at not seeing Jowan for what he was. I know there is more to Tess and Cullen which explains her distance from others but it's also possible to suggest that while she can allow others the chance she didn't get (as Duncan encourages), the experience with Jowan prevents her from actively seeking anyone out.

Last section is very good. Morrigan's "introductions" were a delight. Snarky little thing that she is. But yes, the potential difficulties between Gregoire and Tess when they meet again are mitigated by his realisation that she isn't his Theresa anymore. He meets her as an equal rather than a wayward daughter. Funny what titles do to you. I think your angst is prevalant throughout until the last section but that's only because there is a grudging acceptance from Gregoire. But I think that's necessary so that having finally gone back, she can really let go and just keep on going forwards.

Nice update ;)
YayForYuffie chapter 12 . 6/5/2012
I should let you know that I mad a very undignified caw/snort when Oghren showed up in this chapter. It was quite awkward. Keep it up!
Caraine chapter 12 . 5/22/2012
Oh, you get a whole tray of cyber cookies for this one! ;)

I'm not going to take up too much space but I really like the development of this. It starts flippantly but then you begin to hint at the conflicting tensions between the group and the altered relationships between specific members as a result. The only small issue I have is following some of the descriptive passages especially when it flips back and forwards between the characters - it may be that I need to slow down and actually *read* what's in front of me but there may also be room for changes in punctuation. Regardless, it doesn't detract from the quality of the story itself.

Special mention goes to the last point about 'equipment' - you had me cackling like an old hag for ages ...

In terms of your question, having seen some of your additional ideas then I think it could stand on its own. You may have to give a bit more context in your opening but that's easy done. And if this is an idea you're keen to explore further then it'll keep you motivated which is always helpful! Also, a story clearly marked as gender-bending will attract readers who share that particular interest so you might get more challenging feedback about your concepts.

And finally, kudos on the length ;)
lynn-writer chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
"I'LL SELL YOU ALISTAIR!"

You have just made me your fan for life!

Best Lothering chapter ever!
Specimen-X chapter 11 . 4/25/2012
I highly enjoyed this chapter but I've got one little problem with it. You spelled "rogue" wrong, "rouge" is french for red and every time it came up I had to correct it in my head. Should watch out for that in the future.

Apart from that the rest was great. The Alistair/Morrigan parts are always hilarious.