Reviews for To Smite in Winter
Zennyth chapter 14 . 2/27/2013
This may have rekindled my urge to play Dragon Age again...you've captured the antics of these characters perfectly. Especially Alistair. Very funny and well done!
Robert's Hammer chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
Funny as hell
The Grinning Psychopath chapter 6 . 7/27/2012
hehehheheheheeeh awwee soo cute...

its too bad Shale wasn't there lol! ohh she would totally freak hahahhahaaah

ooooh if she'd been there when Tess decided to fly off of Sten, Tess probably woulda landed right on her head hahahahhaaah!
Judy chapter 13 . 6/24/2012
Excellent!
Judy chapter 11 . 6/24/2012
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Funny!
Judy chapter 10 . 6/24/2012
EXCELLENT AND FUNNY!
Caraine chapter 13 . 6/24/2012
I like this very much. It gives some context to why your Tess is the way she is. It's interesting to see how her character develops throughout the chapter based on the significant encounters you have described and how that in turn affects everything else, for example her response to Wynne leads to her Harrowing (I imagine). The intervention of Duncan in her self-reproach is good and prevents her from being swallowed up by her own self doubt and guilt at not seeing Jowan for what he was. I know there is more to Tess and Cullen which explains her distance from others but it's also possible to suggest that while she can allow others the chance she didn't get (as Duncan encourages), the experience with Jowan prevents her from actively seeking anyone out.

Last section is very good. Morrigan's "introductions" were a delight. Snarky little thing that she is. But yes, the potential difficulties between Gregoire and Tess when they meet again are mitigated by his realisation that she isn't his Theresa anymore. He meets her as an equal rather than a wayward daughter. Funny what titles do to you. I think your angst is prevalant throughout until the last section but that's only because there is a grudging acceptance from Gregoire. But I think that's necessary so that having finally gone back, she can really let go and just keep on going forwards.

Nice update ;)
YayForYuffie chapter 12 . 6/5/2012
I should let you know that I mad a very undignified caw/snort when Oghren showed up in this chapter. It was quite awkward. Keep it up!
Caraine chapter 12 . 5/22/2012
Oh, you get a whole tray of cyber cookies for this one! ;)

I'm not going to take up too much space but I really like the development of this. It starts flippantly but then you begin to hint at the conflicting tensions between the group and the altered relationships between specific members as a result. The only small issue I have is following some of the descriptive passages especially when it flips back and forwards between the characters - it may be that I need to slow down and actually *read* what's in front of me but there may also be room for changes in punctuation. Regardless, it doesn't detract from the quality of the story itself.

Special mention goes to the last point about 'equipment' - you had me cackling like an old hag for ages ...

In terms of your question, having seen some of your additional ideas then I think it could stand on its own. You may have to give a bit more context in your opening but that's easy done. And if this is an idea you're keen to explore further then it'll keep you motivated which is always helpful! Also, a story clearly marked as gender-bending will attract readers who share that particular interest so you might get more challenging feedback about your concepts.

And finally, kudos on the length ;)
lynn-writer chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
"I'LL SELL YOU ALISTAIR!"

You have just made me your fan for life!

Best Lothering chapter ever!
Specimen-X chapter 11 . 4/25/2012
I highly enjoyed this chapter but I've got one little problem with it. You spelled "rogue" wrong, "rouge" is french for red and every time it came up I had to correct it in my head. Should watch out for that in the future.

Apart from that the rest was great. The Alistair/Morrigan parts are always hilarious.
Caraine chapter 11 . 4/25/2012
Well I said I'd stalk you so here I am ;)

I missed the reference though :( You'll have to let me know but in the spirit of fun and randomness ... ME3... Garrus?

I actually have some 'constructive' criticism before I start gushing - the first segement with Tess and Wynne doesn't have as good a pace as the others. It's almost as though you started writing, weren't convinced by what you were doing then found your rhythm with the Leliana and Zevran segment. I like how you refer to the fact that as mages, Tess and Wynne would have a shared history from the Tower but it feels as though you haven't quite worked out how you see Wynne - she seems less developed than your other characters.

But after that, everything flowed together very nicely and I liked the interconnectivity of each little seperate story. Zevran and Leliana are a fantastic little contrasting duo - it's a telling sign when Leliana is the voice of reason LOL. I like how Zevran just doesn't care. And paperclips? Brilliantly non-sequitur.

Alistair and Morrigan were simply a joy - you are fast bringing me round to your way of thinking about them. I didn't think it would get better than the 'hairless rodent' but oh, it did! What I liked about your portrayal of Alistair is that he's not necessarily stupid (or so hopelessly/sickeningly in love with the Warden that he can't see past it) but it's just that Morrigan is able to catch on so much more quickly than him. It's not that one is better than the other, it's just that they are different. And similarly to Zevran & Leliana, the difference between them helps to add to their dynamic. I wonder if Morrigan recognises that she likes him more than she lets on although I can believe Alistair is still a bit in the dark about both her potential feelings and his own.

Much happiness to see this update. Will patiently wait for when inspiration next hits you for DA related shenannigans. :)
Caraine chapter 10 . 4/21/2012
There's so much to say about this little collection (but I don't want to drone on so I'll keep it short for now).

I love Tess - she really is one of a kind, bless her!

Your Alistair/Morrigan love is very clear to see but I like it very much. And can I just say, it's a talented writer who can make someone laugh at Alistair's sheer ignorance in "Wonder" (personal favourite!) and then completely turn it around in "Walls" - really touching interaction between our favourite Witch and not-Templar. "Fascination" is also a very good showcase of your balancing between the sublime and ridiculous - a spider/Templar duel, really? LOL. God, any of my Wardens would have killed them both by now.

So here's the deal: keep writing and I'll keep stalking you with reviews.

SnowHelm chapter 4 . 3/19/2012
I soooo love your style. Genius!
SnowHelm chapter 3 . 3/19/2012
Oh my god i loved this! Poor Tess, but I had to hold my sides from laughing, oops indeed. Love your style!