Reviews for Hit The Bottle
Sentinel Proxima chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
Gee, thanks. Didn't you realise that simply adding the character tag is itself a major spoiler, and one that appears on the main page where everyone's going to see it whether they choose to open the story or not?
Obiwanlivesforever chapter 3 . 6/27/2011
*Lets out a long sigh of relief*

O-okay. It's over. And you know what? That was rather happy. I'm relieved that Raivis has quit drinking, though slightly concerned at the implications of why he's so scared of his father (...child abuse?...) Raivis, I never knew you were so terrorized at home as well! Traumatized by Vahn in the Games, by your father at home... *Huggles Raivis and shrieks hysterically*

Anyway, that aside ... this really was sweet. Especially them pouring out the bottle into the sink. And I really hope they can have a happy life together! Though if Raisa is reaped... nah, that won't happen!

I want to let you know that the sole mention of Amer made my heart hurt, though. I have become such a baby that just mentioning anything pertaining to THAT ending is enough to bring a lump to my throat. And the sentence didn't even have anything to do with his death...

Oh, and I saw your last-minute explanations for why they didn't move into the Victor's Village house yet, and why Esto still had to work. Nice catch.

And you know what the best part of this is? Now that it's over, I never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever have to think about THAT ending again! *Bleaches brain and runs off singing and dancing in euphoria*
Socbballluvr13 chapter 3 . 6/26/2011
I LOVE HAPPY ENDINGS!
ChaoticXXHearts chapter 3 . 6/25/2011
Kage: And so love conquers all. And by "all" I meant the alcohol addiction. I'm sure Raivis will be much happier with his new wife and without the alcohol.
Lord Axxingtons chapter 3 . 6/23/2011
WAAAAAAAHHHH RAIVIS I'M SO PROUD OF YOOOOUUUU *clutches him in a hug while sobbing* Oh my brave boy! And they're so cute c:
Obiwanlivesforever chapter 2 . 6/22/2011
All I have to say this:

;_; What's happening to you? Your anguish is too much for me to bear! It's so awful to see him drunk and in pain; I wish I could somehow make it all better! And Esto's so kind, it makes me sad that this ending didn't happen, because I want the two brothers to be reunited, but at the same time I can't bear it and I don't even want to consider the possibility that this might have happened! Nooo Esto, don't give him more! It'll just get worse! *Continues to whimper and mutter incoherently because this is the level of insanity I have been reduced to*

JOURNEY THIS HAD BETTER HAVE A SOMEWHAT HAPPY ENDING (Who am I kidding...?)
Obiwanlivesforever chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
You know what?

I don't care. I don't care anymore. I'm not even going to bother hoping for anything remotely happy from you, because, no matter how bad I think things can get, you will always manage to find some sick, twisted way to shatter my heart into even tinier little fragments. What. Was. The. Point. Of. That? I'll tell you. There was no point. There was no point but causing me every indescribable bit of anguish and misery that a human being can possibly feel. Well, not quite as much as the 3rd What If (I haven't cried yet), but who knows? You'll get what you want in the end, I'm sure of it.

What can I say, Journey? Just what can I say? I might as well just stop pointing out the things I like in your chapters, because it seems to be your sick mission to take the positives and twist them into negatives. What was it I said in my huge mega-review of the 3rd What If ending? Oh, that's right:

"I'm glad Journey left the description of what it was like to a minimum. If I had to read anything about blood, convulsions, gasping for breath etc. I would have lost it. Yes, I know that it wouldn't be pretty, but I just like to imagine it being super quick."

And now let us examine an excerpt from this chapter:

“Just as the pain registers on Eston's face, Amer claws through his own neck. The screams of pain, the choking, I thought were the worst things I would ever experience. But I'm hearing them again, paired with the images of the blood rushing out, the weak thrashing, Amer still sobbing until the last trace of life leaves him.”

What the ... there’s literally nothing left to say at this point. No words can possibly describe the pain that paragraph caused me. Even just copying and pasting it to this review made me want to scream, cry, punch something and tear out my heart all at once. Just ... *shudders* - why do you derive pleasure from making me read about my favourite characters in pain? *Struggles to choke down a sob* And why did you single out me, of all people, to suffer this special form of torture? *Starts to hyperventilate* And how can they scream in pain if their throats are slit? *Shaking violently now* And why didn’t Raivis have to watch this already at his Victory Ceremony? *Approaching Pce and/or Axxi level of hysterics* And why doesn’t he get a Victor’s Village house? *Almost at the breaking point* And why does Esto still have to work if the family’s rich now? *Loses control?* AND WHY DID THIS NEED TO BE WRITTEN? WHY DOES THIS ENDING OF ALL OF THEM MERIT ITS OWN LITTLE SPINOFF? WHY JOURNEY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? *Is weeping hysterically on the inside* WHY, YOU INSANE MANIAC, WHY? *Slams fists on desk repeatedly* WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY RAIVIS RAIVIS RAIVIS RAIVIS RAIVIS RAIVIS RAIVIS RAIVIS RAIVIS RAIVIS RAIVIS RAIVIS RAIVIS AMER AMER AMER AMER AMER AMER AMER AMER AMER AMER AMER AMER AMER AMER AMER AMER AMER ESTON ESTON ESTON ESTON ESTON ESTON ESTON ESTON ESTON ESTON ESTON ESTON ESTON ESTON WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST THEM WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST ME THEY ALREADY SUFFERED SO MUCH WHY WOULD YOU MAKE IT TEN TIMES WORSE THEY DIDN’T DESERVE ANY OF THIS CAN’T YOU HEAR THEM CRYING OUT FOR MERCY IT’S SO TERRIBLE I CAN’T EVEN DESCRIBE IT JUST GOES BEYOND WORDS IT IT IT IT IT IT...

Oh, and on another topic ... *Eyes roll maniacally around in head and settle on Albina* Why hellooo... *Maniacal slasher smile appears upon face* Oh Vahn? Hang onto your “Least Favourite Character” trophy while you still can, for I do fear you have some competition. Let me sink my teeth into exactly why I hate this character. It simply boils down to the fact that she is one of the most vile, disgusting, horrific, abominable, snivelling, pathetic, selfish, cowardly, inhuman, despicable, contemptible, depraved, revolting, repulsive, sickening, horrendous, cringe worthy, pitiful, miserable, wretched, heartless excuses for a human being I have ever had the displeasure to encounter. I cannot continue on that topic, although I would dearly love to, because literally every other word I can think to describe her is one that would get me banned from the forum for life. Not even my list of Shakespearean insults can describe the horror of the woman who makes Vahn Laurus look like a saint. Therefore I shall have to call in professional assistance. *Summons Lovi* I hear you have a reputation for being foul-mouthed. What? You find those terms too offensive? Well then, I’ll have to resort to desperate measures... *Summons Phemus from Lucky Lady* Now, here’s what I want you to say – wait, what? Ladies and gentlemen, it appears the words which justly sum up Albina’s foulness are too offensive for even Phemus to utter. At least I tried. Enough of that.

... No, you know what, it’s not blasted well enough! The stupid woman claims to be “honoured to meet” Raivis? WELL THEN WHY DON’T YOU SHOW SOME BLEEDING RESPECT TO HIM INSTEAD OF SPITTING ON HIS DEAD FRIEND’S GRAVES? “HONORED TO MEET HIM,” MY FOOT; YOU’RE NOT EVEN WORTHY TO LICK THE BOTTOM OF HIS SHOE. AND HOW DARE YOU “EMRBACE HIM”? GET YOUR FILTHY, SLIMY CLAWS OFF HIM YOU SORRY LITTLE ... *Takes deep breaths but continues to rant and rage*

“AMY?” YOU DON’T EVEN HAVE THE BRAIN CELLS TO REMEMBER THE NAME OF ONE OF THE PEOPLE WHO DIED SO THE PERSON YOU’RE THERE TO SEE COULD LIVE? GET OUT OF HIS HOUSE AND STOP DISHONORING HIS FRIENDS’ MEMORIES WITH YOUR VERY PRESENCE. “THAT WASN’T A PROPER VICTORY?” TWO WONDERFUL PEOPLE GAVE UP THEIR LIVES SO RAIVIS COULD HAVE WHAT PROBABLY AMOUNTS TO THE ONLY NON-DISHONORABLE VICTORY IN THE HISTORY OF THE GAMES AND YOU HAVE THE GALL TO SPIT ALL OVER THEIR SACRIFICE LIKE IT’S TRASH.

STUPID, SPINELESS, VILE LITTLE WITCH! FORCING RAIVIS TO WATCH ... WHY DON’T I JUST STRAP YOU TO A COUCH AND PRY OPEN YOUR EYES AND MAKE YOU WATCH YOUR BEST FRIENDS DIE PAINFULLY AND SEE HOW YOU LIKE IT? FORTUNATELY FOR YOU I WOULDN’T DO THAT BECAUSE I AT LEAST HAVE A HEART AND NOT A SWIRLING BLACK HOLE IN THE MIDDLE OF MY CHEST LIKE YOU DO. KEEP ON GIGGLING AT HIS TORMENT AND I’LL SLAP YOUR SORRY FACE OFF. AND – YOU DARE SUGGEST – IF YOU GET WITHIN A TWENTY-MILE RADIUS OF RAIVIS WITH THAT HORRIBLE EYE CONTRAPTION I WILL LOCK YOU IN A CAGE WITH VIVI, RUSSIA AND A POINTY-TAILED MUTT AND SEE WHO’S LAUGHING THEN. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO CALL RAIVIS A “CUTE LITTLE GUY.” YOU’RE PROBABLY ONE OF THE PERVERTED CAPITOL FREAKS WHO’D BUY HIM FOR A PRICE AND DISCARD HIM THE NEXT DAY LIKE A PIECE OF GARBAGE. WELL IT’S YOU WHO’S GARBAGE. YOU’RE GARBAGE AND ... AND ... AND ...

*Collapses sobbing*

I – I just can’t take any more of this, Journey. I don’t want Raivis to get drunk - poor innocent little baby! - but then, how can I blame him? I wouldn’t want to remember any of that. I don’t want to remember any of this. Therefore, I’m going to go and listen to horrific Wiggles music until my mind implodes on itself. Yes, that’s right. Your stories are so torturous that I use mentally scarring rubbish like Point Your Finger in G Major to numb the pain (and if you don't know what it is, look it up on YouTube and you'll understand exactly what your stories have driven me to.) That’s what this story has done to me, Journey. Hope you’re happy.
ChaoticXXHearts chapter 2 . 6/20/2011
Kage: Esto has a right to worry, after what happens a couple of years later. I just hope he figures out what happened and kicks the victors who forced Raivis to watch that video's butts. Quick question, since Raivis won, shouldn't his family get a nice, shiny, new house at that Victor place?
Socbballluvr13 chapter 2 . 6/19/2011
The reviewer, Socbballluvr13, has disliked this chapter. Her adittional comments were that it was very depressing and angsty.
Socbballluvr13 chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
If I were Raivis, I would've kicked both of their butts, and told them to get the heck out my house. If they had gotten the thing in I would've smashed it. I HATE THE CAPITOL!
Lord Axxingtons chapter 2 . 6/19/2011
ESTO! Don't do this! You've got to stop him! Break the cycle! MY RAIVIS! I cannot handre this D: You write wonderful angst, Journey. Wonderful, terrible angst.
ChaoticXXHearts chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Kage: I have only one thing to say. Ouch, poor Raivis.
Lord Axxingtons chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
Oh maple no. No, no, nonononononono...this is not HEALTHY, Journey. You are a health hazard to the general population. It cannot be good for a teenage girl to cry twice in a day before lunch has been served. MY *punches through the computer screen to escape into the Brutalverse, but ends up only looking at the back of her desk through a smoking hole* THIS ISN'T FAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIR MY DARLING BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I MUST COME TO YOU

...You're enjoying this, aren't you?