Reviews for Rebuild of Fear
Kaisei1011 chapter 20 . 1/4
I expected it to be more than just Fear with better formating. I thought it would be like Rebuild was for Evangelion... Oddly dissapointed here, despite Fear being such good story, due to that.
Yoholic chapter 19 . 8/20/2014
I complement you on how you managed to tell such a large story in a mere 80,000 words. A lot of authors attempt to tell a story just as large with more words and then fail utterly. I liked the way you managed to get rid of cthulhu himself.
Yoholic chapter 18 . 8/20/2014
Another excellent fight scene between shigoki and cthulhu. I enjoyed you giving the old ones purpose beyond mere malice.
Yoholic chapter 6 . 8/20/2014
Too bad canon didnt have the flow.
Yoholic chapter 5 . 8/20/2014
Love your fights scenes. How is the rebuild different from the original
Yoholic chapter 20 . 7/26/2014
What a story.
gandalf chapter 1 . 3/1/2014
There is a Evangelion/Lovecraft T-Shirt.
hga chapter 20 . 10/10/2013
Magnificent, from beginning to end. This is a keeper.
Deadzepplin chapter 20 . 9/27/2013
That was a disappointing end
BukkakeNoJutsu chapter 20 . 7/9/2013
wonderful work!
Calophi chapter 3 . 4/11/2013
So, uh, in this chapter you mention the accident in the bathroom which I remember from the original Fear (having read it this week). But you didn't re-write about the accident in the bathroom in THIS version, so it's a bit odd.

Otherwise I'm liking the extra details you are writing in that I felt were odd for being missing in the original.
Zexs chapter 20 . 1/18/2012
God how have I missed this one. Shinji's one liner to Gendo really brought everything full circle.

Shinji glanced back down at him. "Unfortunate." His voice was terribly cold. "I was hoping that you were ready to be a man."

Damn i wish that happened in the show.
AKissAndAGunshot chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
I loved the original Fear and I'm much looking forward to a rework, but why is it in Misc. Books? I'm pretty sure there's a separate Lovecraft section. Just sayin'.
skywiseskychan chapter 20 . 7/25/2011
Heh, what a story, way to end evangelion with the loss of humanity. It amuses me to see the old victory through failure applied, and to see the inevitable occur when facing mythos foes.
JMHthe3rd chapter 20 . 7/22/2011
Just finished reading the story last night. It's very good, better than CoaEG, and unlike many writers (myself included), you know how to tell a story in under a thousand pages. That being said, I do think the story could have used a little more meat on its bones. The pacing seemed too brisk (especially at the beginning), and while your prose was very efficient, another few thousand words could have fleshed out the descriptions and characterizations.

Also, some aspects seemed very undeveloped. Shinji's only interaction with Toji was getting beat up and almost killed, yet later he thinks of him as his 'sometime friend, sometime enemy.' When he thinks about how he has no friends, he mentions Aida as one (now dead), even though they never had any friendly interaction.

Just little things like that could have been fixed with a bit more fleshing out.

Anyway, loved the bittersweet ending. It was perfect.