Reviews for Learning from the past
Guest chapter 2 . 7/7/2012
mystery box

This was great! I can't say I'm much of a Mudshipper, but it was all really good!
MechVVolf chapter 2 . 2/27/2012
Awesome. I loved how you worked the backstory; everything made sense. You just got added to my favorites list.
las noches chapter 2 . 11/23/2011
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! I didn't know there was a 2nd chapter to this! A million thanks! I'm looking forward to the Spiritshipping fic. As for Nowell, you interpreted magnificently.
AnriMia24 chapter 2 . 11/4/2011
This is a amazing mudshippingstory. Thanks for keeping your word.

I will never give up on mudshipping. Nowell should have waited a little longer before interrupting. :D
Botan04 chapter 2 . 11/2/2011
Cute Im not a big fan of muddshiping I but I still really liked this story!
jollygreendragon chapter 2 . 11/1/2011
Weeee, you continued it! Very satisfying ending. Is Nowell going to follow along for the Spiritshipping story? I'd like to see more interaction between her and Matthew. It was so delightfully awkward when he was trying to hide what he knew from her.

It also makes me wonder where Rief is at this point. Is Matthew going to bump into him and accidentally refer to Nowell as "my sister"? What's the little guy's opinion on this whole debacle? He's an easy character to forget and/or ignore but I feel like he has an important part to play here.

Anyway, thanks for finishing off this story. I guarantee I'll be following the next one, whenever you start working on it. Good luck with NaNoWriMo, by the way!
Fortis chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
Holy fudge dude!

It's been a while since I came back here due to Valeshipping was cannon. I came across yours and I have to say... I CAN"T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE!

Thank you truly.
Ryan chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
*cackles* that cracked me up
Ryan chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
*cackles* that cracked me up
las noches chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
Bravo! You made it work! I was planning to write a story to make it work too!
Bad Habits chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
I liked it and would very much like to see any continuations you decide on. That being said, is this in any way related to your other story Misunderstanding?
Guardian of Nesh chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
Mudshipping lives! Great story much better than what I came up with, but yeah at least Matthew should be ten years older come to think of it. I could understand Isaac and Jenna waiting a few years before having a kid but more than a decade? It doesn't add up at all, the other Warriors of Vale sans maybe Feliz and Sheba have leeway.

Heh, in my story Karis is Mathew's half-sister and in yours it's Nowell. Things just can't be happy can they? Seriously though, good job, very good job. Let's keep this ship sailing, we're not quite a ghost ship yet.
Kaiser Spartan chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
O_O...you...WHAT HAVE YOU DONE! You created an explanation that made me cry manly tears xD Dang it, if it were possible I would demand Camelot make this canon. I had almost given up hope on mudshipping (been so long since I've seen a fic updated with it and written well - note this fic was written EXTREMELY well).

And PLEASE write more oneshots/stories as sequels to this please!
jollygreendragon chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
Wow, I... I'm actually in love with the idea that Nowell is Matthew's half-sister. I would steal it if I could fit it into my own chronology...

Very nice job with the story, I'd love to see that Imil one-shot. I mean, I think pretty much everybody knows how it'll end, but the fun is seeing how you get there!

(You should also do the Matthew/Sveta multi-chap though because still needs its definitive spiritship fic. You could handle it, right?)
The Pairing Guy chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
Excellent. You put together a detailed and believable history for Mudshipping, while neatly explaining the seemingly conflicting evidence from Dark Dawn about what happened with Isaac and Jenna. Best of all, you integrated it with a simple yet satisfying story about Matthew's relationship with Sveta. This present-to-past recount of the romance between Isaac and Mia is shorter and sweeter than a full firsthand account would be, and the parallel works well, giving the story a positive message.

One problem is, in the long reflection after Garet's explanation of why Mia told Isaac about Nowell, you use "Matthew" a lot. Even though it's in the third person, it's from Matthew's POV, so using "Matthew" instead of "he" or "him" all the time sounds funny, as though Matthew is talking about himself in the 3rd person.

Overall satisfying read though, strong romantic angst and some very nice father/son relations between Isaac and Matthew. Nice piece of work.