Reviews for Prodigy: Born Again
CazPeak chapter 6 . 2/1/2013
While I am enjoying the story - not to mention your writing style, which makes it very easy to read - I will just throw in 2 cents on the Harry travelling to Hogwarts issue. I know you have already made the decision, but should you continue the story perhaps this will still apply.

One of the great disappointments that I find in fanfiction is the retelling of the story. People make changes, then the same events occur. I just find it to be incomprehensible... one of the things I have enjoyed about your story to date is the differences. Making Harry besties with Hermione & Ron, and a special connection (in love?) with Ginny detracts from the originality of your story. Just my opinion... I just find it depressing that people make all these changes and then go straight back to the formulaic relationships. Not to mention fairly unlikely.
Remzal Von Enili chapter 8 . 1/24/2013
I like the way the characters have evolved and shifted with the changes made to they're history
Soki711 chapter 8 . 1/24/2013
So far Harry is intelligent and pretty normal. I hope you can liven up the story as you seem to be taking all the obstacles out of it. Please don't follow canon too closely as that is such a boring read and been done a thousand times before.
Soki711 chapter 5 . 1/24/2013
Easy, teleport in. He is so far ahead of his peers that he probably shouldn't even be sorted.
221Bfandomlocked4 chapter 8 . 1/13/2013
Great story! I hope you continue it!
Silent Avid Magma chapter 8 . 1/12/2013
I don't generally bother anymore with reading HP fanfic that have Harry anywhere resembling the nice, friendly J Rowling Harry. Foster children/orphans are antisocial, blunt, mistrusting and, more often than not, unkind to others. For Harry, an Orphan, who is mistreated by his adoptive remaining family to be so unlike others like him is a fluke and any who believe otherwise is a optimistic fool.

there are quite a few grammar and syntax errors in your writing process. You need an editor. As well as that this fiction is fraught with both character and plot discrepancies.

Sirius Black just got out of a prison after 10(?) years of being mentally tortured. While his continued belief in his innocence may save him from the worst of the dementor effects that doesn't mean's completely immune. Surprisingly, JKR did a decent job or portraying him in the book; flippant, thoughtless, and highly emotional. There's no way he'd just out of the blue be even polite to Snape.

Prodigy's and genius' are two completely different things. Genius' are good at everything to do with logic and reason regardless of age. Prodigies are more akin to savants than anything else; prodigy's are intrinsically good at a certain small skill set that they develop at an early age far beyond their peers. Being a prodigy does not a genius or even a master of the skill they are good at. You seem to be implying that Harry is very powerful, extremely good at casting spells, and is smart enough to pioneer an apparently completely new concept at a very early age and yet is incapable of following the theory behind the magic he's casting. I point this out as prodigy's pick up already established and presented information quicker than their peers, not be doing experiment research at an adult level. Even the greatest mathematical prodigy's of all time didn't begin contributing to their fields of expertise until their mid to late teens.

I'm not trying to be unkind. I sincerely hope that you use this review to better your writing process.

However, as this is fanfiction (Fantasy, even more so), I guess I'll suspend my disbelief and repress my real-world knowledge. I find for some reason that I actually want to find out where you're going with this. Please do continue.

Thanks for writing,
Silence
Man of Kent - Railwayman chapter 8 . 1/8/2013
A really good story, I look forward to updates
D.geofisica chapter 8 . 1/7/2013
I love it...hope you update soon
CrazedScribe chapter 8 . 12/22/2012
Interesting story, though I personally felt like it was starting to drag on until Harry got his letter. I don't see Harry after being alone for so long being able to fit back so easily with people, but its your story. I like Harry's theory on potions and the Magical Machine. Can't wait to see the next chapter.
Kyoshi chapter 5 . 12/9/2012
Teleport of course.
Ronin Kenshin chapter 8 . 12/5/2012
this is a really great fic hope u continue it great work
Shadowdude333 chapter 8 . 12/2/2012
Awesome story! I really hope you update again soon! I can't wait to see what happens next! It will be interesting to see how the world reacts to Harry and his ?prodigiousness? lol.
Isabelle chapter 8 . 11/25/2012
Too bad you stopped, I was enjoying this story
Guest chapter 8 . 10/23/2012
I really like this story, even more as you are in the process of rewriting it. But it's been a long while without an update :(
kingstonavery chapter 8 . 10/6/2012
HALLO! AWESOME STORY, I REALLY LIKE IT! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! I'M SORRY, BUT MY CAPS LOCK APPEARS TO BE BROKEN. GO FIGURE. ANYWAY, I LOVE THIS, SO UPDATE SOON!
480 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »