Reviews for The Promise: A Tasuki and Miaka Love Story
Chibi-Kaz chapter 27 . 7/25/2007
YAY! Bandit Alter-egos appear! Punkin' Chuckin'! BWA-HA HA HA HA HA HA! Love it, absolutely love it...

It is so awesome to have you back in the groove again. This chapter was fun and titillating, even if you call it transistional. "Stronghung" "Stronghog" LOL! though I bet Kouji would find "stronghung" hilarous...

Anyway, I'm doing the Bandit Dance of Glee over here. Please don't make us wait too many months for the next part!

hugs,

CK
Silent Messiah chapter 27 . 7/25/2007
I'm in the story I'm in the story! Yay! KL you have absolutely no idea how long I've waited for that. I squealed. several times. I mean really.

*runs around flailing randomly*

I can't wait until I read more. I love your stories and you know it.

*hugs and lots of love*

~SM~

Night Watchman
tamsiniandevil chapter 27 . 7/25/2007
I have to tell you that I squealed when the alert for this update came into my mailbox! I've waited so long for this chapter...and the result was more than satisfactory, pure gold, in fact! Can't wait for the next installment - on your other fics, too (Leather and Lace being my favourite) _

Thank you for this chapter, which really brightened my day. x
Rogue0fVoid chapter 27 . 7/24/2007
Loved the chapter! It was such a nice surprise when I found an email telling me that this lovely fic had been updated :)
roku kyu chapter 3 . 7/24/2007
It's been such a long time since I've been back here (I swear I'm changing my pen name to Perpetually Late), that I hope you don't mind that I'm starting over with this story.

In spite of being pressed for time, I found it very easy to read through the first three chapters due to the easy flow and natural dramatic progression. The language was varied and descriptive, the action absorbing, and the characterizations were fascinating.

Okay, enough of my Creative Writing blather. Besides the strong and vivid portraits of the diverse personalities of Chichiri, Taiitsukun, Miaka, Yui, Tetsuya, and Tasuki (most important! :P), one of the things I enjoyed most was the -logic- of the plot progression. Yeah, yeah, it's a hangup of mine, but so few authors understand that to nail the characterizations, one must have the characters behave according to their personal logic and values, and furthermore, characters -can't- be logical and true if the plot logic is poor.

So kudos to you for a well-thought-out background story, especially where the relationship of Miaka and Taka is concerned. If Miaka just dumped Taka for no reason, then she wouldn't be the girl that Tasuki loved, and if Taka were a thoughtless jerk who truly never loved her, once again it would reflect badly on Miaka, making her somewhat dimwitted, if nothing else. I'm beyond pleased by your "real-life" depiction of a couple who, through simple miscommunication and digressing views of what is important in a relationship, have placed that relationship on a collision course with fate.

Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to more of this story (although there are parts I might have to avoid in future due to reasons I'll explain later.)

Welcome back, KL, you have been very much missed in the FY section, and congratulations on a job well-no, excellently- done!
NOONEIMPORTANTRIGHTNOW chapter 27 . 7/24/2007
Well, it was worth the wait. I love this chapter and how the story on whole is coming along. Can't wait to see what mama Yuki thinks of Kouji. I am excited to see you updated. Can't wait for the next chapter. :)
Halogazer chapter 26 . 7/16/2007
Your stories are extremely addicting! I love this and Burned! I sincerely hope the next chapter is on the way soon! As soon as I started reading this story, I couldn't stop until I got to the last chapter, and I just can't wait to read more! Keep up the good work, and I can't wait for more soon! :)
tasuki001 chapter 26 . 6/9/2007
Hi! I liked ur story. It's great! I'm looking forward to the next chapters. Have a nice day!
fushigiyuugi1 chapter 26 . 3/18/2007
hey just cam cross ur story and reali want to know what happens next so please don't give up on this it reali good
shelbyyvonne chapter 1 . 3/16/2007
O.O

*is speechless*

wow.

there was just so much emotion and detail and...it was written beautifully! oh how i wish i could read chapter two right now...but i cant, cuz i gotta goto bed.
jenniebennie chapter 26 . 2/14/2007
this story is wonderful. please finish it. i can't wait to see how it will end. this story shows love developing nad character emotions that i haven't seen else where in a long time
Chibi.x.Love chapter 22 . 12/25/2006
I have to say, this is a wondefully written story. I admire the way you express a certain character's feelings with such detailed accuracy. I look up to you as a fellow writer. *bows*

Though, to be truly honest, I hate the Miaka/Tasuki pairing. But this story is a true form of literary art. It's impossible not to love your writing. Seeing as you had 300 reviews, and the chapters didn't even go over 30, I knew I had to read your work, even if the pairing wasn't of my taste. But I have to say that I have no regrets at all.

It has been an honor to know that someone like you on ff truly does exist. The characters are very believable, that if this story wasn't on ff, I'd have to say that Yuu Watase had written it herself. Because of how beautiful I find your work, I have added your story to my Favorite Stories list. And you are surely on my Favorite Authors list too.

I'll be waiting for chapter 27! Expect another review from me once you update!

chibi-chan
Rogue0fVoid chapter 26 . 11/18/2006
One of the best fics I've read in quite a while. You've made me into a complete TasukixMiaka fan! I cant wait to read the next part whenever you are able to complete it!

Eagerly awaiting the newest installment,

Squishy Penguin
BlackRainWillFall chapter 1 . 11/5/2006
I like it so far. I'll keep on reading...
Siskin chapter 26 . 11/4/2006
Wow, and I thought the prospect of reviewing L&L was daunting!

This story is amazing. It evokes the whole spectrum of emotion. Dismay as I find out how Taka's alienated Miaka. Suspense as I wait to see what Suzaku needs from Miaka now. Tenderness as Tasuki struggles to readjust to the idea that he's really going to see Miaka again, face to face. Joy as I see them reunited. Laughter as they learn to tease each other again. Satisfaction (and damned envy!) as I watch them fall for each other (again). Fear, more suspense, and pity as the confrontation with Taka goes to pieces; alarm, and then horror, as Taka lets his emotions control him and makes the damning mistake of hurting Miaka in front of Tasuki. And that's only a small sample.

Your characterization of Taka walks a fine line; he seems startlingly harsh, although his military leanings in this characterization and your expression of his conflict about Tamahome lend support to that choice. I read his segments with an anxious heart; I both want and fear to find out what he's going to do next.

Yui and Tetsuya have been especially fun to watch. You have Yui's voice down pat-in my mind's ear, I could clearly hear Yui warmly telling Tasuki how obvious it is that Miaka's fallen for him. The twist of the Yui-Chichiri interaction was startling, but Chichiri's poleaxed reaction (and everyone else's) made it entirely endearing. Poor Chichiri. It's good to see him get a little love. :)

Talk about startling twists... *does the Wayne's World 'I'm not worthy!' kowtow* Kudos the size of the Empire State Building for what you're doing with Miaka's mom! I haven't remotely had the nerve to take her on. I was a little taken aback with the way "Shun'u" managed to charm the socks off her, though the mugger rescue helped; but you didn't disappoint, having her turn around and test his intention/ability to take care of Miaka.

Enjoying this quite a bit, and I'm eager to see what's going to happen next!
770 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »