Reviews for Playing With Fire
Jimbocous chapter 6 . 6/20
Having a Weasley for a friend is entirely too much trouble, and not worth the effort.
Any problem can be solved with enough Obliviates.
Did I miss anything?
I really do like this trio of stories, but at times it does teeter on the bleeding edge of melodrama :) Thanks, tho.
vysirez chapter 30 . 2/13
So I finished the story. I've read a number of your other stories on this site, and I have liked all of them, some more then others. I like this story, or set of stories, but I have to say I'm fairly disappointed with your ending. I was happy that you finally had Harry stand up for himself. I was very frustrated that it didn't happen until the very end of the story, then you killed him off. As several others have commented, I was disappointed that you teased the Harry/Ginny romance throughout the story, only to kill Harry off at the end.

More then killing him at the end, you made him into some nebulous angel-like being that is Harry, but isn't, and you leave us unsure as to what his afterlife is like. You give the impression that he went from one battle to the next, with no reward. You hint that he's in contact with loved ones passed on, but it's not definite, and again, it's half Harry, and half something else.

In fact, reading the last couple paragraphs makes his afterlife seem somewhat horrible. "His unending existence would be one of duty and self sacrifice, just as his life had been" You list all the good things he is forever denied, and list 'rewards' that don't seem a fair trade to me.

So overall the story was pretty good, but I didn't like the ending, and I would have preferred if Harry was less of a rug/foot stool for his friends and family.
vysirez chapter 19 . 2/12
So I've been reading my way though all three stories here, and I have wanted to comment here and there and held off various times because I wanted to see how things went overall, but reading chapter 19 I have to comment about the scene with Katie in Harry's room and Abby acting like a bitch IMO. Harry may have been a bit harsh, but he was the injured party in both the scene at lunch and in his room. Yet again we have a 'friend' of Harry who jumps all over him for some falsely perceived offense, and yet again Harry accepts blame that isn't his and decides he is in the wrong and surrenders personal dignity to make said 'friends' feel better.

I like the stories fairly well so far, but this thing where Harry gets dumped on, and then not only does he not stand up for himself, but instead he decides that his abuser is in the right, it's getting old, and it's making it hard for me to be happy with the story. Over and over people who claim to love him and want his happiness abuse him in one way or another and whenever it starts to look like he's going to stand up for himself, he folds and claims that they are right to do what they did. I am aware that there are plenty of abusive relationships like that, but it doesn't mean I enjoy reading about a protagonist like that.
shugokage chapter 30 . 12/5/2014
Absolutely incredible series and a truly amazing and unique vision of Harry Potter!
WhiteElfElder chapter 30 . 11/21/2014
What of Hedwig's egg? This was a wonderful trio of stories that had some very uplifting and as equal down-sending moments.
WhiteElfElder chapter 24 . 11/20/2014
Loving the pranks.
WhiteElfElder chapter 22 . 11/20/2014
Leave it to Harry, though it is a shame of the death of the dragons.
WhiteElfElder chapter 21 . 11/20/2014
What of the Hydras?
WhiteElfElder chapter 11 . 11/18/2014
When Harry leaves will he take the blood protection down from the Weasley home and other places?
WhiteElfElder chapter 8 . 11/18/2014
Who or what talked Arthur into casting Harry away; who is pulling Arthur's strings?
WhiteElfElder chapter 7 . 11/18/2014
Ginny better not have staged that...Harry will come unglued if she did.
WhiteElfElder chapter 6 . 11/18/2014
I thought the wound in Harry's side from Voldemort was healed, but you say in this chapter that it is festering?
WhiteElfElder chapter 4 . 11/18/2014
Is Draco playing at something or is he really interested in Ginny? When did Ginny and Draco date?
Tr0g chapter 30 . 9/10/2014
This is a good story, and a fitting end to the trilogy. Well recommended.
LeprechaunJV chapter 30 . 5/6/2014
Very sad but beautiful trilogy. Glad i found it.