Reviews for Claustrophobia
konarciq chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Interesting piece, and well written. Poor LeBeau...
The Duelist's Heiress chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
Awww poor LeBeau. I loved this.

Great job.

TDH
Kirarakim chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
Once again a great friendship story from you but I would expect nothing less.

I really love how Lebeau was able to come through when he could hear Newkirk was in trouble and in turn I was glad Newkirk was able to get through to Lebeau that even though he panicked he still saved the day. They are definitely each others' pillars of strength and reason.
snooky chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
I too wished a lot of aspects had been addressed in canon. this was too close to home,for me, having loved ones who suffer from panic attacks.
80sarcades chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Wonderfully written friendship story. Loved the interaction between Newkirk and LeBeau as they tried to get out of their latest problem!
inhonoredglory chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Agreed; this is a topic that should have been spoken of more in the canon. I love your style, and your story was really superb. I liked the narrative start. It was a nice break from in medias res (which I also love).

I really love the suspense and the striking descriptive reality of the trapped scene. The characters and dialogue were perfect. The tension was flawless.

And I loved that this traumatic event brought out the best of character in both Newkirk and Lebeau - Lebeau fighting through his claustrophobia and Newkirk willing to be left behind to alleviate Leabeu's fear. Newkirk's definition of friendship was spot on - to be there even when you're at your worst.

I really, really loved this story - the suspense and the theme. Superb job!
Sierra Sutherwinds chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
How warming story about friendship. I understand perfectly well Louis claustrophobia. Good for him to have Newkirk to help him go through it without falling into real panic. LeBeau should not feel bad about his little flaws, he always overcomes them without putting his friends at risk. Newkirk knows that and he's there to remind him about what is really important.
96 Hubbles chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
This was a very nice piece illustrating the friendship between these two characters, and the way team mates help each other out. I also liked the strength of both characters as individuals, Newkirk telling Lebeau to get out even though he needed help, and Lebeau getting over his phobia enough to not listen to him.
dust on the wind chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Well written, just as I expect from you, and neatly characterised. It is a genre I usually don't read (just can't get into hurt/comfort somehow) but your work is good enough to make it worth my while to break the rule occasionally :D

dust...
buggleston chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
I loved this story - (1) how Newkirk gently talks LeBeau through his fears even though they are in a tight spot(2) Newkirks line what are best mates for- And a glimpse of how unbearable it was before Hogan came.-WELL DONE!
Jennaya chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Very well written piece. Love the friendship between LeBeau and Newkirk.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
A wonderful story of the bond between Newkirk and LeBeau that goes beyond friendship. I liked the glimpse of their pre-Hogan years, as well.

And I must say your depiction of LeBeau's struggle with his claustrophobia was harrowing! I was starting to panic, myself, and had to recall Langenscheidt's instructions from "Perchance to Scheme".

LeBeau's refusal to leave Newkirk despite his own distress was absolutely heroic. You just have to love the guy.
ColHogan chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
Poor LeBeau. I know what it's like to be claustrophobic. I personally hate being in tight, enclosed places and feeling as if I can't move at all. But despite that feeling, LeBeau managed to aid Newkirk because he was hurt and it took his mind off what he himself was feeling. Great story.
Bits And Pieces chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
Oh, that was great! I really enjoyed it! Poor LeBeau; what an awful thing to go through, but at least Newkirk was there to help. I was sure getting nervous for both of them for a while, there. And LeBeau's last thought was so true. Great job! Glad you were able to post a story for the contest!
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
Fantastic! This one grabbed all of my favorite things - LeBeau, French dialogue, H/C, friendship, and more. Absolutely loved it.:D