Reviews for Guardians
Ms. Sleepy Clover chapter 16 . 1/15
Like I said, besides the awfully forced romance, this was still a great story to read. Not to mention the numbers. Damn when I read war stories, I just love seeing the numbers of the armies involved.
Ms. Sleepy Clover chapter 15 . 1/15
Ok I got to say, why must their be romance in a WAR zone? Just why? Are you authors that addicted to romance that you cant not write it? Its even worse as it was sort of a Love Triangle. However this is only one good thing about it. Al-teast its not Flash Sentry. People who ship Twilight with him are about as bad as people who defend the Virmire Survivor and the Council in Mass Effect.
Ms. Sleepy Clover chapter 5 . 1/14
I get where Short is coming from, but insulting others just because they dont know about war makes you an asshole. Also lets hope to what ever being is out their that he is NOT the OC that romances Twilight.
Ms. Sleepy Clover chapter 2 . 1/14
Once again, why is human terms being used for creatures that are obviously NOT humans?
Ms. Sleepy Clover chapter 1 . 1/14
"Out of our hands." Well I guess I shall damn my self to the Grammar Nazi category. *Ahem* "Out of our hoofs." Or in spikes case, "Out of our claws."

P.S~ Everyone knows you never use stage 4 of the Anthropomorphic chart:
Stage 1: Their normal selves
Stage 2: They are now bipedal rather than quadruped Ungulate.
Stage 3: Minotaur style
Stage 4: *Shudders* Neko style
Stage 5: Human
grandmasterfred chapter 16 . 8/21/2012
An excellent story war horse and a word of Advice for your training be sure to maintain your sense of humor... You'll need it
Qymaen chapter 16 . 2/13/2012
This story was really, really good. I am so glad I read it. Can't wait to read the next story. ]
keyphob chapter 16 . 12/26/2011
This story is amazing! When i started reading it i found i could hardly stop to eat or sleep. I found myself several times at work both hungry and sleepy. The descriptions of characters and locations allowed my imagination to soar! I thank you WarHorse72 for this awesome story, i am very much looking forward to your next one!
Monty Ulhan chapter 16 . 12/11/2011
I was here before it was popular :D
Haissan chapter 16 . 11/20/2011
Read your story, I am pleased...this is good, too good.

Sir Sandwiches are not favored, might want to watch those.

Watch the salutinng noncoms too...there were a couple of those in there.

I suppose it got so much better about those towards the end as so many may have pointed them out.
Maddog3060 chapter 16 . 11/15/2011
This is one excellent story.

I wish I could be more eloquent, but I'm just utterly flattened by the quality and scope. The struggle, the fighting, the chaos and insanity, the loss of innocence and the unabashed horrors of war... all were excellently portrayed.

You make me feel ashamed of my own writing. This story was beyond spectacular, it was awe-inspiring. Even more so your portrayal of soldiers being soldiers, complete with all the faults and fears and worries and anger and other imperfections that go with that. And more than that, also the true core of what it means to be a soldier, to willingly make the choice to put oneself between the horrors of war and those you care about.

More than that, you've managed to give each of the major belligerents a unique character that borrows from several sources so as to not peg any of them into one nation's role. The Gryphons feel like a mix of Mobile Infantry and airborne troopers, the Canids like a cross between Soviet/Russia and Germany (and for some odd reason I can't help but envision them dressed in Spaceballs' badguys' armor), and Equestria as a mix of most English-speaking countries. This feels like a cross between WWII and the Honor Harrington series, but with ponies. Awesome, awesome ponies.

I'm astounded this isn't a 6-Star story on EQD. *Thinks for a minute* Actually, I can believe it. STILL! It deserves nothing but the best rating.

I can't wait to read Ceasefire.

May God watch over you as you go into the Guard. And if you get out alive, please consider a side career in writing. It doesn't pay well and it's rather wretched but I've seldom seen such wonderful writing.
Deltathewolf chapter 16 . 10/23/2011
National Guard, huh?

Ah, can't complain, my father was in for 40 years.

Your story has been most delightful, compounding everything I like to read in one 16 part epic.

Action, adventure, tasteful grimdark, magic, mechanical engineering, the true face of war, and romance. What's not to love?

I hope whatever you get in to, you stay safe and keep on writing.

Gotta have my war story fix!

May we meet one day!

-Delta-
Rohan Bernett chapter 16 . 10/18/2011
Well-written, interesting and gripping. The cast of original characters made for a nice change from just seeing the main six, as is the case with most fics.

The story was good enough that I felt a little bad about having to put it away to give attention to the other fifty fics in my backlog of reading material. On the up side, doing so did give you time to finish writing it.

There is a little bit of formatting here and there which seems out of place, though. It's typically in the form of enclosing words to be emphasised with dashes, which wouldn't seem unusual if the entire document was plain text, but which does seem odd given the clear use of actual formatting, such as italics and underlining elsewhere.

Other than that, well done!
Katar Jin chapter 16 . 10/17/2011
great fic cant wait to see more frome you and about the AN at the end my bro just sighed up for the Marines so good luck to you and thank you for choosing to do that.
Nightmare Luna chapter 16 . 10/15/2011
Well here we are at the end. It makes me sad, but happy. Happy because another great story has come to a close, but sad because I want more now.

Anyway...

I like the start, Everypony knows that Vinyl Scratch is the best pony...

Good interview, I liked the way Eagle eye, really said nothing. Just like a real interview with a military commander would go. I like the way you portrayed Vinyl, seemingly abit crazy, not as crazy as other have but still a bit mad.

And Rainbow's join the air force, not surprised at this at all. Hope to see her in your next fic, or at least how her training is going.

I must say, I liked what you did with Celestia's speech. Good to see her chastising herself about the whole thing. The fact that she let the entire military fall apart was a massive mistake. silly little Princess.

D'awww, good to see Twilight came back for Stop, can't leave the poor guy hanging. And she's going to have him close in Ponyville, how nice. But that makes me wonder what your planning for the town in Ceasefire. I can't see you just abandoning all your hard work with these character's just to add a whole new cast. So poor Ponyville's going to see some action, maybe...

Poor Boxer, I kind of liked him, he has a bond style bad guy feel about him... But poor guy's having the whole thing blamed on him, well he did drop the ball in the end I guess. Someone's got to take the hit.

And what are these dirty dirty dogs planning now... this is going to get interesting. Causing trouble between the Hippogryph Matriarchy and Equestria... Ohh I wan;t more of this now..Bah.

Well all in all, a very good, short fic. The action scene's are some of the best I have read, in and out of this fandom, and the character's are all top notch. don't know what else I can say other than your awesome, keep it up sir!

I wan't to wish you good luck in your future with the National Guard and everything else life has to throw at you. If you ever need any help with your future fic's you can just PM me on here, if not, look forward to my review's for Ceasefire. I will be leaving them.

Till Next time

Nightmare Luna AKA Chris :)