Reviews for Escapist
Shadow131 chapter 14 . 8/2/2014
Ahhh, oh no, I didn't realize this wasn't complete! I am going to die from the suspense! You mentioned being willing to send people DocX files that were spoilertastic - does it have the ending, because I need to know! Otherwise, I will just have to be patient (even for three years). I understand completely how life gets in the way. Just know this is a GREAT piece, and even if it were never finished, I feel truly satisfied for having read it.
Shadow131 chapter 13 . 8/2/2014
"And how long will it be until you reciprocate?" DEAD. I am DEAD from that. Damn I hope they end up together.
Shadow131 chapter 12 . 8/2/2014
I'm guessing the snow is melting because Sarah's powers as the potential Summer Queen are ratcheting up. But wow, what a great chapter to see her complicated feelings for Jareth; she's of course right, he's done horrible things, but she still feels drawn by him, which is really cool. And being only seventeen, she still has this young - yet strong - voice that I really, truly like about the way you write her.
Shadow131 chapter 11 . 8/2/2014
Gaaaah, super cool creepy salamander, super cool just to see Sarah have another adventure, SUPER COOL Jareth to the rescue!
And it's adorable that you had to write part of that with your eyes closed. Ahhh, I remember having to do that as well...
Shadow131 chapter 9 . 8/1/2014
Hmmm, the Summer Queen and Winter King, huh? Figures Sarah smells like her, though I have a hard time believing it's Jareth who was the Winter King to lose the Queen. But, that's why I have to keep reading!
Shadow131 chapter 8 . 8/1/2014
Okay, this is too damn cool. That Sarah doesn't notice the "changing" comment and that she's some sort of holy being in the Underground is AWESOME (I keep using that word to describe this fic. I have no other choice. What else would I say? Amazing? Unexpected? Fresh? Original? Captivating? Entrancing? Exciting? Yeah, I guess one of those would do).
Shadow131 chapter 6 . 8/1/2014
Your Karen here is so perfect: so motherly to Sarah, someone who is clearly trying very hard in the face of insurmountable pain.
And WOW. Despite how horrible everything has been between them up until this moment, this chapter is a pure, raw, tantalizingly seductive moment between them. It draws us in, it shows that their relationship is FAR more than it appears or that Sarah can yet comprehend. And THAT takes some doing; to so thoroughly straddle the line between villain and lover and make the reader tip on either side, that is AMAZING.
Shadow131 chapter 5 . 8/1/2014
Wow, I'm really sorry about your family (and your arm; I dislocated my knee and it was the most painful thing ever, a wrist would be horrible). It's really amazing you were able to continue with this in the face of that.
So with that in mind, I should tell you how much I'm still enjoying this, and how damn creepy the goblins were. It's a really intense piece.
Shadow131 chapter 3 . 8/1/2014
My jaw dropped and I had to hit my face with how effing BALLSY Jareth is in the grief counseling session. If I were Sarah, I would have pummeled him right there. Just like, screw the audience, he is DEAD. I jumped a little when Jareth maneuvered between Sarah and the door, wasn't expecting that.
Yeah, I'll bet you felt like a monster for killing our favorite baby :( Again, confused and excited to see where this is going! I read a referral that said this was among the best of the best; it's definitely up there.
Shadow131 chapter 2 . 8/1/2014
I forgot to mention last chapter, but I love that this is in present tense. Also, NO, TOBY BETTER NOT BE DEAD. Jareth, what the hell did you do?
I love how much you use Owl Jareth, because I just love when he's an owl. And that he's even able to leave her rather hefty gifts is awesome.
Shadow131 chapter 1 . 8/1/2014
I was captivated by this right away. The idea that these other kingdoms get different colored books and Jareth's jealous of other monarchs getting consorts, for some reason, just really clicked with me.
Servants turned into Goblins? Awesome. The idea that Jareth isn't stealing kids? Even more awesome. Random magic book just making stuff up? HOLY COW, THIS IS SO ORIGINAL AND AWESOME.
I am confused that so many other girls go through virtually the same routine as Sarah but for some reason, Jareth isn't drawn to them except by compulsion of the book's magic - but I'm not complaining. But I am confused...
But the way you go over the events of the film is just...haunting. Visceral and emotionally gripping and, again, AWESOME. And Jareth's painful draw to Sarah - FADJFLADJKFA, IT'S AWESOME.
I think it's interesting that you have this taking place so soon after the Labyrinth run (and with an older Sarah, which is probably appropriate), but OMG, TOBY! Must find out if he's okay! But to give you some comfort, in teen age years, one or two years is a BIG difference in maturity.
DethRose chapter 14 . 8/20/2013
Duuuuuude,. You gotta continue.
Nanenna chapter 14 . 7/20/2013
Oh, this chapter set my skin tingling! I like how it had a slow build up to the beginning of something just like spring usually has. A slow build up of slightly longer days and the weather being a bit less unbearable before just a bloom of life bursts forth! I hope the next chapter has the full bloom bursting forth, I look forward to it!
Lylabeth 1 chapter 11 . 7/20/2013
Good story and good job at using Celtic Myth.
Lylabeth 1 chapter 2 . 7/20/2013
The ambulance comes and Sarah does her best to keep out of the way and in a corner as the paramedics swarm over her baby brother. She shakes and holds herself in a bear hug that turns her knuckles white.

Again, when you write, it is customary to write in past tense, not PRESENT tense; you need to learn this if you are going to put up such good stories.

The ambulance CAME, and Sarah did her best to keep of of the way. She stayed in a corner as the paramedics SWARMED over her baby brother. She SHOOK and HELD herself in a bear hung the TURNED her knuckles whtie.

If you are in high school you should talk to your creative writing teacher, or to your Literature, about helping you find a BETA. You need a little help.