Reviews for Escapist
Nanenna chapter 15 . 3h
Oh, good to have this back! I went and looked up the dullahan when Grod first said what he was, what an interesting piece of folk lore! I'm also Grod found Sarah again, she definitely needs all the help she can get.
Dekejis chapter 16 . 5h
Great story, can't wait till the next chapter!
MsSadie chapter 16 . 5/24
Loved it, keep it coming.
RLupin chapter 15 . 5/23
Wow, didn't think I'd see this one continued. Good for you. I loved reading it again and hope to see it finished at some point.
MsSadie chapter 15 . 5/20
Keep up the good work. I have really enjoyed this story and can't wait to read more.
Honoria Granger chapter 5 . 5/20
Condolences. Sometimes life imitates art a bit too closely for our comfort. Be well.
Aquamarine chapter 4 . 5/20
This is absolutely terrific. Gutted about Toby, but maybe, just maybe, that was a changeling and he's alive in the Castle? Jareth is certainly taking his own sweet time... Anyway, thank you for the great read!
Shadow131 chapter 14 . 8/2/2014
Ahhh, oh no, I didn't realize this wasn't complete! I am going to die from the suspense! You mentioned being willing to send people DocX files that were spoilertastic - does it have the ending, because I need to know! Otherwise, I will just have to be patient (even for three years). I understand completely how life gets in the way. Just know this is a GREAT piece, and even if it were never finished, I feel truly satisfied for having read it.
Shadow131 chapter 13 . 8/2/2014
"And how long will it be until you reciprocate?" DEAD. I am DEAD from that. Damn I hope they end up together.
Shadow131 chapter 12 . 8/2/2014
I'm guessing the snow is melting because Sarah's powers as the potential Summer Queen are ratcheting up. But wow, what a great chapter to see her complicated feelings for Jareth; she's of course right, he's done horrible things, but she still feels drawn by him, which is really cool. And being only seventeen, she still has this young - yet strong - voice that I really, truly like about the way you write her.
Shadow131 chapter 11 . 8/2/2014
Gaaaah, super cool creepy salamander, super cool just to see Sarah have another adventure, SUPER COOL Jareth to the rescue!
And it's adorable that you had to write part of that with your eyes closed. Ahhh, I remember having to do that as well...
Shadow131 chapter 9 . 8/1/2014
Hmmm, the Summer Queen and Winter King, huh? Figures Sarah smells like her, though I have a hard time believing it's Jareth who was the Winter King to lose the Queen. But, that's why I have to keep reading!
Shadow131 chapter 8 . 8/1/2014
Okay, this is too damn cool. That Sarah doesn't notice the "changing" comment and that she's some sort of holy being in the Underground is AWESOME (I keep using that word to describe this fic. I have no other choice. What else would I say? Amazing? Unexpected? Fresh? Original? Captivating? Entrancing? Exciting? Yeah, I guess one of those would do).
Shadow131 chapter 6 . 8/1/2014
Your Karen here is so perfect: so motherly to Sarah, someone who is clearly trying very hard in the face of insurmountable pain.
And WOW. Despite how horrible everything has been between them up until this moment, this chapter is a pure, raw, tantalizingly seductive moment between them. It draws us in, it shows that their relationship is FAR more than it appears or that Sarah can yet comprehend. And THAT takes some doing; to so thoroughly straddle the line between villain and lover and make the reader tip on either side, that is AMAZING.
Shadow131 chapter 5 . 8/1/2014
Wow, I'm really sorry about your family (and your arm; I dislocated my knee and it was the most painful thing ever, a wrist would be horrible). It's really amazing you were able to continue with this in the face of that.
So with that in mind, I should tell you how much I'm still enjoying this, and how damn creepy the goblins were. It's a really intense piece.