Reviews for Something Like He Used to Be
Lazy Kitsune chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
I really enjoyed reading this. It's very deep, and really well-written. Ignis being human in the past is now one of my headcanons, ahaha. Thank you, this was a real treat!
Pie Rat chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
Wow. Where'd you get the idea of the Harvest King being human once from? Your characterization of him kind of reminds me of your take on Sten in your Dragon Age stories.

{Warden hands Sten a box of cookes}

Sten: "I am... fond of cookies."

Warden: "Excellent! I'll remember that."

{...Sorry, couldn't resist.}

Anyway I think there needs to be more of this, which I hate to say because expanding on oneshots can be a pain, but that's just what I think. But I like it. Great job!
Iseki chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
This is fantastic. This is everything a Harvest King fic should be. Every box I felt worth filling was ticked marvellously and in such lovely terms. I've never played animal parade but I know that you've captured him perfectly, and the hinting at his long-ago backstory with the inclusion of his feeling towards the Goddess is all wonderfully poignant. The protagonist as well is perfectly characterized and yet not so much as to seem embellished beyond what the gameplay provided us. It's a difficult balance to reach.

I want more, and yet I feel that you've summed everything up so sweetly that I can happily rest at this.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
In-depth, I enjoyed that.
tapioca two-step chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
I love this kind of writing-quiet and deep and nostalgic. The last line hit me like a kick in the gut and filled my throat with that bittersweet achy feeling you get when your heart breaks with happiness. What a wonderful story! Good job!
Astroro chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
This was fantastic, amazing really. I hope you make something similar to this, hopefully, if you want to.