Reviews for OneShot: Hope in the Dead of Night
Mrs-N-Uzumaki chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
"You're here and things don't hurt as much anymore."
AWWWWWWW! These two. THESE TWO.
chrisfaithalin chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
I loved this story as well. Once again this fit the tone of the show perfectly and fits right in with the cannon storyline. Your writing has such an ease to it that makes these stories very readable. I can't wait to read your other one shots.
ginnyweasleyrules chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
I really enjoyed this story-I loved how you got to hear their different point of views.
JC chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
This is so good. Emotional, sweet, funny, real. Please write more.
luz banjogal chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Just when I begin to fear you aren’t posting here anymore, something appears! It is so wonderful.

This moment fits perfectly between the last episode of season 1 and the first episode of season 2. It actually makes the first episode of season 2 even more believable because you are beginning to create Betty’s stress of being torn between Hilda’s problems, Justin’s problems, Ignacio’s problems and Daniel’s problems and her own problems with Henry.

My heart breaks for Justin and Hilda. You even elude to what’s coming for Hilda, when she talks about imagining Santos there with her talking about the wedding. Betty’s optimism shines through in this piece. She is clinging so hard to the bright side, saying everyone will be okay. It is inevitable that she is in for a rude awakening.

You bring it all to life with wonderful details. I can see Justin’s poor face and Hilda’s slumping. I can hear Daniel’s rough voice and feel his pain. I became teary when Betty saw him so hurt. My heart goes out to her because she is trying so so hard to be strong in a situation that is so outlandish. I laughed when Daniel said it was like a bad soap opera.

You write a very believable medical scene. On TV and in lesser stories we see drama and hysteria when more likely it is like this, a lot of waiting and being ignored because you’re not dying. The worry about the injection and Betty’s private judgement about the doctor’s layman’s terms was very funny and real.

I admit I love the way Daniel moves closer and closer to Betty at the end. No romance, just comfort and friendship. I also love the way he says it doesn’t hurt as much because she is there. You make him seem a little bit out of it, but not unbelievably so. Your stories always feel very authentic. Thank you for posting them here.
meganm chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
I wish so much that the show had shown us scenes like this because they make everything else so much more believable. Thank you for using your talent to give us diehard Ugly Betty fans such believable scenes. I just wish you wrote more.