Reviews for Variation on Our Theme
colorfulsunrise514 chapter 1 . 7/11/2013
Yaaaay! Natsuki kissed Shizuru. :) Even though it was a one shot, I could feel the anxiety and intensity. Great story.
Static Summer chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
This story has left me practically speechless.

For a narrative with such power and art, it's simplicity is astounding. Yet it is that same brevity and plainness that makes this work so powerful. I never imagined that such a heartwarming and soul-stirring exchange of emotions could happen in the few minutes that the damned director of Mai-Hime decided to stop the ShizNat brodcast.

There is really no better example of Natsuki's character development than this masterpiece. The last line in particular really opened my eyes to the budding romance after Shizuru's graduation and the HiME Festival/Carnival, which should take place immediately given our protagonists' characters.
Other fanfics tend to start "future-fics" a few days after the anime ending, claiming that Natsuki totally pushed aside Shizuru's latent and exposed emotions for a rather decent amount of time. That always seemed like a stretch to me, because Natsuki of all people values Shizuru's feelings above all else; in no case would prolong the turmoil in her best friend's heart, and thus she would've given at least a sign of hope, indicating that she's trying, to her most treasured person.

In any case, I'm surprised that this story is rather unknown. (Based on the number of reviews and favorites.) You are quite the renowned author so I would think that the readers/subscribers of your other fanfics would read this as well. Perhaps it's brevity scared them off. Well, they're missing out. :)
Kail-Mello chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
god, that was sweet! XD
jo-Kaon17 chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
i like every story you wrote that ive read so far...this is really cute..:)
Xenistrasza chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
My, it seems all Latin teachers are quite fun. Back at school we were studying the language with an old granny, ex-doctor. She seriously adored Latin and always yelled at us something like "Lingua latina non penis canina est!" when we weren't doing our best or paying attention (sorry, if I wrote it wrong, it was years ago). Ah, good times

Considering the story itself, I'd always find your writing style fascinating. As if I'm really observing happening scene from not so far away, but not feeling as a third wheel at the same time. And I always thought that Shizuru would leave Fuuka (or at least try to do so), so this is "my type" of fanfiction.

Great work!
cam714 chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Amazing as always! I can never get enough of your writing. If you have time please continue this or any of the others ;) !
HALL ZONE chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
uuwuwuuauau adorei ..nossa foi lindo!ahahha demais

awesome!
chilolo chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
You may revisit this theme as many times as you feel like it,...and I will enjoy every single one.

Thank you!
ShizNat14 chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
w0w this is so good..
Icy-Windbreeze chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Always a pleasure reading your work!
nomask chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Brilliantly written! Sequel, sequel pls XD.

I love how you build the emotions of the characters. Its been a while since I'm this touched while reading an one-shot.

When I saw your name I'd thought, damn it's gonna be good. LOL. Welcome back to the fandom!
clara76120 chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
ooooooooooooooh it's cuuute 3

But... I shall like a continuation to know how this relation is going to advance
mgcbs chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
And what a fantastic variation that was...

It's always great to revisit, re-imagine and rewrite their relationship and you did a heart-wrenching yet heart-warming twist to it.

Thanks for writing!
Ninnypants chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
awwwwwwwwww. i thought it was gonna be all sad angst weep and then it ended really well. 3
Gabriella Erzsebeth Bathory chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Aww that was really cute! I love it!