Reviews for A Place to Call Home
NickyFox13 chapter 1 . 11/15/2013
I'm a huge fan of crack pairings so I'm glad I found this. It takes a certain kind of creativity to explain how two characters who're as different as Dobby and Myrtle would find each other. I think you brought Myrtle and Dobby together in a believable, fascinating way. Your style, ethereal and poetic, is a joy to read. The structure was beyond fantastic. I'm glad you wrote this fic! I can't wait to read more of your work.
pyr0technic chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
this...is one of the best cracks ever.
downstage chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
Oh, god. This has got to be one of the most crack pairings I have ever seen... But you made it almost believable. I actually really liked it, as insane as that is :D. It's brilliant.
malfoyforever chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
Aww. This was sweet, especially what Myrtle did. Great job! You made a relationship between a ghost girl and a house elf sound perfectly believable.
lydiamaartin chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
Ah, I love it when crack pairings are written realistically! :D Course, I don't like crack that much but you know how I enjoy weird pairings, so obviously I loved this, Mad! Myrtle was so hilarious and cool, and Dobby was just so sweet, coming into the bathroom to talk to her :)

And then she went and visited his grave and that last line was just so /powerful/ and it all had such an intriguing, dramatic tone to the whole piece, and I actually liked it, despite the pairing ;)

Hilariously wonderful job, Idol twinny, and keep writing! :D
whatabeautifulmess chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
Despite the mental crack pairing, I actually really liked that. Really liked it. The writing was beautiful, and I actually took it seriously, until I thought about it being Dobby. And Myrtle.

Aside from that, it was great; and it's great in that respect if you think of it as a friendship fic.
symphonies of you chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
OMg Mad :)

I find this pairing really...odd O_O

But this was really well-written, as usual ;D

Love it,

Nic :]
BlueEyes444 chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
OMG, Mad. :O

This was so awesome, I loved it! :D

I now ship them thanks to you. ;)

Wonderful job. :)
chkn chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
I LOVE IT, Madeline. You turned a completely, eurgh, crack pairing into something sweet and fluffy. You truly have a way with words.