Reviews for Missing the Boat
Ginger713 chapter 1 . 4/28/2020
Good explaining of Carter's thoughts between his leaving Stalag 13 for the first time, and then returning. Carter could have gone to England to go home, but he choose to stay in Germany to help them fight for good! Atta boy, Carter!
Aileil chapter 1 . 12/9/2014
I love your story here. :) Carter is a bit like a charmed yo-yo.
SaraiEsq chapter 1 . 9/14/2014
Nicely done.
SeenaC chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
Well, this is going to sound totally redundant to the previous reviews, but, I love the Carter backstory! Very believable situation as to why he ended up back at Stalag 13. And, as everyone else has said, great Carter characterization.
konarciq chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
Really love it! Youve got Carter down pat, and its a refreshing idea that it was actually his own idea to come back.

Ill go on to reading the sequel Ive seen somewhere right away!
Kirarakim chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
A great way to explain why Carter came back after the pilot. I really loved that you made it Carter's own decision in the end & that you showed that he really wanted to come back all along.

And I like the idea of him having a German grandmother. Carter always did play the German characters the best in my opinion. That's a good way to explain this.

I am looking forward to reading the sequel now!
sparra-music chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
Keep up the great work! I'm enjoying this!
Goldleaf83 chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
Very nice explanation of Carter's return from the pilot to the series. I like how you account for his knowledge of German. Neat little point about how few younger men he sees, because of the demands of the military for all able-bodied younger men.
KitKat132 chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
So that's how Carter got back to Stalag 13! Nice little story, & it actually sounds like something Carter would write if he had a journal. Looking forward to more. Jen C
Marie1964 chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
A wonderful story of how Carter decided to come back to Stalag 13. Quite a different take on it, too.
snooky chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
Aww. Very cute. And a nice explanation. Just wondering what prompted him to become a sergeant. :)
Fear-Of-The-Cold chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Great way of explaining how Carter came back. I loved the way Carter "had a feeling" he was needed at Stalag 13. Nice story!
buggleston chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Sounds like something Carter would do even before joining the fits Caters character to a -T .Very good story.
Bits And Pieces chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
I really liked this look into how Carter ended up back at Stalag 13; and reading it through his POV really pulled me into the story. You definitely have his voice down; I could hear him in my head. I, too, would love to see what happened when he got back to camp. ;-) Thanks, this was great!
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Another great entry. Carter's been getting a work out with a few of us, haha.

Another great explanation for series inconsistencies with a nice authenic voice. A pleasant read.