Reviews for Missing the Boat
80sarcades chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Too bad he missed the boat, but at least he can help out the gang at Stalag 13! Well written, nice storyline, and easy to read (as usual:-)
inhonoredglory chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Ah, now that was cute, and a good, different explanation of Carter's return. I liked how you slowly alluded us into the context and summarized the things that happened in that first episode. Great stuff! Also, Carter's voice felt really alive here. Nice one-shot!
Sierra Sutherwinds chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
This is a beautiful extension of the first HH episode. Carter's POV is fluent and accurate with what happened during his first appearance in the camp. You also provide a believable explanation for him to be a permanent resident in the years to come.

Excellent!
96 Hubbles chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
I have to agree with the others and say you do a wonderful Carter voice. I loved seeing this from his point of view! And I loved that he was the one to make the decision to stay; his excitement and deep desire to help really make you root for him.

But I am curious to see what the others would have said when he showed up again demanding to be let IN to the camp and the operation. Any chance we'll see that scene?
Jennaya chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
I love the way you tell a story, and you have Carter down very well.
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Another awesome addition to the contest and to the collection of "How and why Carter came back" stories!

I liked the first-person view; it definitely worked for this. And the look into Carter's rationale was great-you've captured his voice perfectly in this!
emeraldarrows chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Your stories always grab me from the first line and pull me in, and there's always so much depth beneath the surface. Excellent as usual.:)
dust on the wind chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
This is a very neat piece of work. I'm not sure there isn't an extended work inside, trying to get out - it just felt a bit unfinished, as if there was more to be said all along the way. I wonder if it might form the basis of a longer story? Just a thought.

Very well done, anyway.

dust...
ColHogan chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Great story on how Carter ended up back at Stalag 13 with Hogan and his Heroes.
hogan macgyver chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Wonderful point of view from Carter! You did a great job at pulling parts of the pilot episode into your story and it flowed well. I felt like I was right along there with him.
25 | « Prev Page 1 2