Reviews for Brutal Harry
Cimroa chapter 13 . 2/6
Absolutely fantastic, you get a ten out of ten from me.
WordSmyth chapter 8 . 2/1
There definitely needs to be a spin-off on the magical and SCIENTIFIC adventures of uncle George.

Also, you seem to believe that an anti-apparition ward creates a space where apparition is not possible. It's a valid idea, but I always felt that it instead creates a space which is, from an apparitioner's viewpoint, cut off from the rest of existence, a sort of pocket dimension where apparition from within to without is improbable. Improbable, because anyone with sufficient magical power multiplied by willpower and an understanding of apparition can penetrate the ward. Simply put; your anti-apparition ward floods a space with anti-apparition Magic, whereas mine creates a barrier of anti apparition magic. I don't know where you're going with this wonderful story, but I feel that the barrier ward would fit better with Harry's use of apparition. Removing some of the potency of his apparition, but leaving it useful in other ways. Or perhaps, both the flood and barrier ward schemes exist and it depends who is using it. Perhaps the flood is more magically expensive but less technical, whereas the opposite lies with the barrier; little skill and great magic opposed to great skill and little magic. And it would seem I have invalidated my previous use of "Simply put", have I not?

I'd like to preventively apologize if I accidentally offended you in the previous paragraph, I simply couldn't think of a better way to phrase it.
bbh chapter 1 . 1/31
awesome
Blaze1992 chapter 13 . 1/31
Okay this has been a epic story, I give this a 9 out of 10 you lost a point. Because I felt this was kinda rushed threw considering you went threw 4 book plots with only 100k words. But other than that this has been a great fic to read. Keep up the good work.
WordSmyth chapter 3 . 1/31
I love when McGonnagal's Scorris burr come out to play. It's terrifying in the most wonderful way.
oh god... that harry and dobby scene n the bedroom... so short but so utterly brilliant!
ElementalMaster16 chapter 13 . 1/22
a very awesome story! you're very right about the realism of it, and Harry's realistic responses are what drew me to keep reading in spite of the drama contained within this piece of fanfiction.

keep writing awesome stuff like this! (_)
BaileyLynnXX chapter 3 . 1/13
Hell yeah! Go McGonagall!
ninjasanspants chapter 13 . 1/8
a beautifully written story that i devoured in one sitting. thank you for sharing.
SneakyDevil chapter 13 . 1/6
Thanks for all the effort you put in the story. It's nice to see someone write Harry Potter realistically.
FierceDeityLinkMask chapter 13 . 1/1
You talk a lot about that type of love but didn't really show it well IMO. Hell J.K. Rowling showed it better with Ron when he was willing to give his life for his two friends in the first book. It wasn't done well, a lot of things happened because reasons, you put this in a dark Harry community despite this not being a dark harry fanfiction what so ever, and it was all around suckish in my opinion.
IronWolfe chapter 13 . 12/13/2015
That was incredible. It's not often that I read a story with this kind of message. You did an excellent job with it, and I really enjoyed reading it. I'm looking forward to reading the sequel.
nightreader14 chapter 13 . 12/11/2015
not a bad story, but i feel like your interpretation of harry has swung much too far in the other direction in order to compensate for what you see as flawed. Yes, there are many flaws, and it is dubious that an abused child like Harry could possibly be as well-socially integrated as HP canon portrays him to be. However, there is no mention Harry is physically abused by his uncle to the extent you imagine: at worst, Harry's case is more a case of neglect, extreme verbal abuse, some malnutrition, and overwork. There are also two crucial differences you overlooked: firstly, Harry deals with abuse by being reclusive, hiding his powers, so as not to give a reason to be punished more. Tom learned to be the opposite: using fear/power to prevent more abuse. Secondly, Harry made FRIENDS, whereas Tom never did. After being deprived of kindness for so long, Harry attached himself with near fanatical devotion to his friends: Tom believed kindness was a weakness. Therein lies the reason for the differing outcomes: Harry becomes a protector of those he cares about, while Tom becomes a ruler over those he exercises his power.
In other words...you overcompensated too much, and turned harry from a troubled teen with a bad childhood to a psychotic ex-slave.
Moreover, the torture of Hermione was simply ridiculous: nothing more than a gore-fest for the deprived. I mean, they're WIZARDS, not muggle torturers of the Dark Ages. They have access to the cruciatus, truth potions, LEGILIMENCY...the list goes on. Voldy could've gotten any info from Hermione in an instant.
So...while the idea of the story was not bad, it was rather poorly thought out/developed.
Anon chapter 5 . 12/9/2015
You've made a couple of huge mistakes with this story. Namely, where the hell are Quirrell and Lockhart?
KaitlynB chapter 10 . 12/6/2015
Wait wait... what the heck is Hermione doing back at Hogwarts? She was withdrawn after one semester and yet suddenly she's back and there's a regular study group including Blaise Zabini and some Hufflepuffs that have never been mentioned before. I had to check that I wasn't reading a completely different story.

I remember reading that this was the revised version but I'm wondering if maybe you stopped halfway through or something because that was 3 years ago and there's some striking errors..

Oh and speaking of change - OH my GAWD I have never seen as much emasculation in a fanfic as I've seen in this one. Tough, messed-up but determined and strong Harry turns into a bawling baby at the drop of a hat as the females in his life (especially Hermione) coo at him in that nauseating way that pre-teens tend to write. Like babying him, hugging him and loving him is the only super power and value a female has - and Harry is broken down under the power of wuv, safely crying in the sheltering embrace of a maternal/wifely figure. Once is a critical character-building moment of breaking unhealthy habits and allowing himself to feel. A dozen times is just a pre-teen's power fantasy.
2,411 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »