Reviews for Brutal Harry
goodpie2 chapter 13 . 10/4
Wow. That was impressive. I eagerly await the sequel, as soon as my headache is gone.

On a different note, I loved the fact that you replaced the *Art of War* quote with that verse.
goodpie2 chapter 8 . 10/4
Uncle George makes me think of a character in my current Pathfinder campaign. He's a mad scientist with questionable motives, who experiments on almost anything for the sake of, in his words, "SCIENCE!" Unlike Uncle George, Aldini (the character in question) refuses to have anything to do with magic, which hinders his goals significantly.
goodpie2 chapter 7 . 10/4
That seems a bit advanced for 1993, doesn't it?
bloomsburry chapter 3 . 10/4
This chapter made me cry! I'm so glad Minerva defended Harry!
goodpie2 chapter 1 . 10/3
I've been avoiding this story for years because of the title. Then I finally give in and read it, and it turns out it's exactly what I've been looking for since I started fanfiction. Huh.
Jhotenko chapter 13 . 9/17
The imagery from your writing is hauntingly vivid. From the initial scenes of Harry's beatings to the picture of Hermione laying broken and dying, I have pictures etched into my mind. I am a sucker for selfless sacrifice in stories, and Hermione's in particular was beautiful even while making me cringe.

One thing I must admit I dislike, was Lily's resurrection. I have no issue with you using her to finish off Voldemort, but having her come back to life permanently seems to cheapen the sacrifice she had made all those years ago. I would have rather seen Lilly's specter either dissipate, or return to guarding Harry. Perhaps I'm just a bastard.

Overall, amazing story.
Dante's Shadow chapter 6 . 9/17
A efficient story detailing all part of Human behavior and honestly contains no error for to be pointed out. The Story is Awesome in simple word.
KassieJean chapter 9 . 9/13
while I enjoy the concept of this, the story itself is just not to my liking.
That's not how Scottish people speak...
PuzzledBookie63 chapter 13 . 9/8
I had forgotten how much I loved this fic until I recently stumbled upon it again in its revised form. It's even better than I remember it being! Your characterization is gorgeous and I just feel like it's really well done. I especially love the bit at the end in your author's note about how Hermione should have been the heroine of the books. I totally agree, though I do really wish that Harry had canonically tried a bit more in his studies and relied less on dumb luck. But I digress. My point is that I truly enjoyed your take on a systematically abused Harry and the consequences of his situation. Thank you for writing this.
Uncle George chapter 8 . 9/7
Marie-S-Raven chapter 13 . 9/7
I adore this story, and I'm SO happy to find a story that has Harry act like someone who actually went through abuse! I'm moving on to the sequel now, so expect another review, praising I'm sure, soon :D
SortingHat chapter 1 . 8/26
The only complaints I have is not of your fanfic but by the fact that the series in general makes all religious people evil like the Dursleys and it is not okay to have reverse racism and sadly has brainwashed an entire new generation in our already dumbed down world.

Being fair and equal goes both ways. It's not a one way street.
RatherFabulous chapter 13 . 8/18
Dave Pelzer (author of "A Child Called It") with a wand.
I enjoyed your story.
RatherFabulous chapter 4 . 8/17
My aunt fostered children and adopted four. Their stories are heart-breaking.
One little girl, 7 when she was adopted, had been sexually abused - among other things.

She never really learned to open up to people much. She eventually joined the army and went career, doing very well. I think that a large group to "belong" to, a surrogate family that didn't require much soul-baring or vulnerability, gave her the bonds she needed without her having to give any more of herself than she's comfortable with.
2,377 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »