Reviews for Brutal Harry
zugrian chapter 9 . 6/16
Great story over all, but I wanted to give major props for this chapter in particular. The scene with Gabrielle climbing down into Fleur's room is just amazing. Your portrayal of Gabrielle brought some much needed light into such a dark story.
Hello.
Only read your author's note, but want to leave a comment:
Tom Riddle is a sociopath. James Fallon, who is a real-life-sociopath, has written an autobiography about his very caring family who prevented him from becoming a criminal.

Harry Potter starts off as a fairy tale, so he is like Cinderella. Or maybe the abuse and neglect are much less of hardship. e.g. his uncle does not hit him. and his cousin is to slow. and he does get enough food. and his mother's protection stays around (like Cinderella's ) or maybe he only remembers, like Helen Keller who is blind remembers her early childhood which was full of sun and light and joy.
And "being in the closet" is a metaphor which means "there is a secret about you and nobody must know it"
Uuuh.. please do not take offense o.o
Lor-tan chapter 13 . 6/8
Uh... quick question, about that killing a cayote with a shovel bit... is the shovel okay?
I just really want to know this, for some reason. My curiosity has been piqued.
MooglieOwl chapter 13 . 5/30
Powerful story. Love your testimony. Encouraging.

:-)

Pygmy Hippo chapter 13 . 5/29
I absolutely love your story! I cannot say how many times you literally had me laughing out loud I had to try to explain to my family why I was laughing. Your characterization is completely beautiful! Now off to read the sequel, see you at the end of the rabbit hole.
lynettecullen chapter 13 . 5/25
Great. Between this and The Arthimancer, I'll never enjoy a fanfic again.
Garantha chapter 13 . 5/17
I just want to say that this story was absolutely amazing, and that I absolutely adore the way you have written Harry.
In fact, I have been working for a while on a story with a protagonist with a similar mental state to Harry in this fic and have definitely found myself using this story as an example of how to do it properly.
So, thank you. Not just for creating such an amazing story, but also for setting such a great example for me to follow in my own writing.
PinkMusicalCherry chapter 13 . 5/14
Hmmmmmmm, I admire your thoughts. Kids are very strong, and though canon Harry spent from 15months to 11 without proper affection, he definitely wasn't as mistreated as your Harry. Perhaps the sacrifice of his mother's love helped get hike through that 9.5 year span?! Perhaps the affection he felt till 15m had some affect too? Perhaps even his magic helped, unsure. Perhaps even petunia and vernon were nice-ish to Harry till his first bouts of magic. Vernon wasn't too reprehensible in that very first chapter of canon. Ah well. Very intriguing thoughts
PinkMusicalCherry chapter 12 . 5/14
Wow
PinkMusicalCherry chapter 10 . 5/14
You and your beta sound awesome in this AN! Haha! I ship you.
LoverGurrl411 chapter 1 . 5/11
This chapter is amazing! Like, mind blowingly amazing, and I love the parallels to Tom Riddle. Kudos!
Oddballzebra chapter 2 . 5/10
You’re fucking retarded.
dhamann7878 chapter 13 . 5/7
This is the first I've read this and am very impressed. Excellent work
ironhair chapter 13 . 5/7
Thank you, once again, for your work and sharing it with us.
ironhair chapter 5 . 5/6