Reviews for Brutal Harry
Goodpie2 chapter 4 . 10/15
Hmmmm. I started rereading this, was unimpressed, and removed it from my favorites list. Then I was bored and started again, but this time skipped to chapter 3. It’s... MUCH better, and I’m now annoyed with how readily I unfavorited it. You may want to consider heavily revising the earlier chapters.
hule chapter 13 . 10/6
Thank you for sharing this story.
bprajit3 chapter 8 . 10/5
u are aware that while the 3 fields u said are near same level most people would do Nuclear Physics first then particle physics and material engineering last yes?
as without a good knowledge of Nuclear Physics getting anywhere in particle physics is near impossible as for material engineering, u not only NEED knowledge of the above fields u need a lot of knowledge on many other topics too, because most things are available in nature as such to make something useful on atomical and or molecular lv u must know how things interact on said and deeper levels.
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 10 . 9/22
Interesting thing with your friend. I think what happed is he deleted what's called a lock file. (A folder is a file type). When a Linux editor starts to edit a file it creates a file with a very similar name. The filename is what's important here not it's contents. If your file is 'review' the lock file is 'review.1' , 'review~' or some other such name. A long as the system sees the lock file it would allow another instance of the program to open the file. This protects it from someone including yourself from opening the file or saving something else to it. When the work is saved and the program is closed correctly the lock files are deleted.
It's possible on rooted Android to create lock files to block Goggle Play Store from updating an app you don't want to update. That is a very useful lock because some updates are harmful.
ScrewballBRaine chapter 13 . 9/17
I enjoyed your explanation of Harry surviving the killing curse as a baby, it's the most believable way around the problem (of that particular event being even remotely believable) I've seen thus far and I have accepted it as canon.
Ahmed Maged chapter 4 . 9/4
i will stop here because i fell that this is fan fiction is evil MC turning good and i really hate that ,please tell me if it is not ,OK?
Mad Hatter Massacre chapter 13 . 9/3
Terribly good read. The prologue as others and yourself have mentioned was intense but I took it for the AU it was meant to be. 100% agreed that it was Hermione who is the hero of the HP books.

Anyway, about the story, I loved your themes. It was cool to see McGonagall’s thought progression and the chapters where she drank were humorous as hell. Competent adults are few and far inbetween in children’s novels so it is always cool to see in fanfic. I loved this, thanks for writing! :)
Charlie0925 chapter 12 . 8/25
I LOVED THIS FIC SO MUCH! Brilliant writing here honey! ;o)
PappyOldGuy chapter 13 . 8/9
Interesting and (well enough written in my opinion) very good story. I like it, I like it a lot! It seems to be meshing the realities quite well, and I can hardly wait (but I will) to see where it all goes. I do know this, when someone who is not the creator of a character, writes about them, it is to have them do something that the creator doesn't want to or didn't think of. I know that I always think of my favorite characters doing things, I have never read of in books or seen them doing in movies. I think it is fantastic that others (here in "FanFiction") are actually writing their stories of what they want them to do in a "What If" world. For those who complain that the characters would not do this or that, forget them. You need to write this first for yourself, and then for the rest of us who do enjoy your take on what just might, could, should, would and probability (if a frog had wings, his ass wouldn't bump the ground nearly so often) can happen. I do know this as well, I am enjoying it and will follow it as long as you will write it. Also, do NOT feel pushed to post, sometimes the words and thoughts just flow and sometimes you have to cogitate for a bit. Just learn to let them grow at their own pace and those of us who appreciate them will be here to read them when they are posted.

Looking forward to the next story and thank you so much for sharing.
PappyOldGuy chapter 1 . 8/8
A very interesting start to what promises to be a really good story, although this is somewhat darker than most. I have read quite a number of Harry Potter stories, and most have been good. It looks like it will likely take a few chapters to get all your main characters and store line fleshed out, but with the hints provided I would like to see where this one goes.

Thanks for sharing!
greenisacolorto chapter 1 . 8/4
The summary of this story intrigued me, so I decided to check it out. It would have been nice to read a fic where Harry reacted in a more realistic fashion to the mental/emotional/sometimes physical abuse he suffered at the hands of the Dursley's. Unfortunately, do to the ridiculously over-exaggerated abuse you wrote, I couldn't finish. The abuse Harry suffered in canon would have been sufficient enough to still write Harry as a "not well-adjusted" member of society, who happened to also be extremely suspicious and unforgiving of those who slighted him. I mean, he was kept in a cupboard for 10 years, for goodness sake.

Whenever I come across fics like this, where the abuse the main character goes through is so extreme that they should have died of their injuries (more-so if it happens MULTIPLE times), yet the only reason why they're still alive is because of _insert ability here_ (in this case, Harry's magic), I can't help but think the reason is for shock value alone. It especially seems so when the character in question already canonically suffered some sort of abuse. Like, the more horrific the situation, the more shocking it will be to the reader, and therefore the more likely an emotional response will be triggered. Unfortunately, in my case, after having seen the trope used too many times to count, that emotion is simply exasperation and disgust as well as an immediate evaporation of any desire to continue reading the fic.
What a retarded AN to end the fic. You fail to understand that the problem is your sick imagination and not what actually happened to Harry in canon. What actually happened to him was not particularly bad. Contrary to your absurd start to this fic, Harry was never beaten by Vernon. He was bullied by Dudley at school just as many if not most kids are. That's it. BFD. Get over yourself.

I tried the first chapter and it sucked so bad I couldn't read it. I skipped to the end to see if it got better and it did until I read your absurd AN. That killed any interest.
avrjoe chapter 13 . 7/28
This story was better than I expected. I have always felt many who profess Christian faith miss the points that most differentiate it from it's Old Testament Hebrew law origins. Love and Forgiveness. Christ Loved and Forgave us that we might follow his path by loving and forgiving others.

Your Epilogue makes me think of 1 Corinthians 13:8 "Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away."
mumphie chapter 13 . 7/27
I found your abused Harry a tad difficult to read at first, but I understand what you were going toward. (that part that found it difficult hides deep in the heart and wants a miraculous healing/love/deep friendships for Harry or other such characters) I, too, took quite a lot of psychology in school so could understand your stance for your characters and am also a "I die a bloody death before I surrender my faith' Christian'". And, I also find it disappointing to find those who profess Faith in the real world, but do little to express or show that they actually know what it means.
It is good to see/read a story where a person/author proclaims their faith. Thank you.
mumphie chapter 3 . 7/26
I truly hope that you will write him a way to overcome his physical, emotional, and spiritual abuse.
2,698 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »