Reviews for Brutal Harry
maliciouspixie5 chapter 12 . 7/26
This has to have had one of the best fight scenes that I have read on FFN. You sir, are a master.
T51b Moridin chapter 13 . 7/19
That was a truly wonderful story. Easily can end there letting all the worldly issues be imagined or ignored at this point. What I liked most in this story was how you chose to have the Tsu Zu the Art of War quotes at the end of each chapter but THEN you used the verse of true love from the bible at the end. Really excellently done keeping things in perspective.
T51b Moridin chapter 9 . 7/19
george granger is my favorite. Reminds me of GLaDOS. There is always time for science.
Whimsy's Mayhem chapter 13 . 7/16
This is...brilliant. Absolutely *brilliant*. I have no words enough to describe how amazing this fic is. Really.

Like yourself, I was 11 as well when I first began reading the books, at the time the fourth book had been in print for little over a year, and I ended up falling in love with them. In a way- in a very *decisive* way, the books saved my life countless times. I grew up in an emotionally and psychologically abusive home, and the books- and fanfiction, which I discovered a few months after finishing the fourth book- gave me strength to keep going.

I didn't leave my bubble of Harry-Potter-fanfiction-escapism until I was well away from my parents' house. And it was then that I finally began to notice the...'inconsistencies' (sp?) in the books. And they grew and grew every time I went through them again, and looked around, and researched things, and still. I've read plenty of other fics that do make a remarkable attempt at dealing with Harry's abuse, whether canon-level or extreme-level, and only two other fics I have found that, as far as I can see, deals with it in a manner closely relating to reality. However, both of them involved sexual abuse as well, a thing I assumed at the time was used to 'strike home' the severity of the abuse. You, however, did NOT use that, and still, even *more*, drove the story home. By many people, that particular form of abuse is considered the 'most severe' and 'most reprehensible'- I absolutely adore that you did *not* need to use that to clearly express how utterly *wrong* physical and emotional abuse can be all by themselves.

Even more? I am completely blown away by your exquisite portrayal of Love in this story. It's not overt, it's not 'hit-you-over-the-head', it's not loud, it's not sudden, it's not showy. It just *is*. And how it develops gradually, naturally, is simply beautiful. I feel like I might understand your frustration with people not showing- or simply not *understanding*- that type of Love. I myself am very firmly nothing-will-shake-my-faith Roman Catholic, and still, despite what the Church teaches, what my own mother taught me when I was little, it is endlessly frustrating and confusing when no one around me even attempts to follow what they teach or what they were taught. Forgiveness is a very strong tenet in my religion, yet mother still holds a grudge on me from when I was a *one-year-old* little girl who was refusing to wear a yellow dress she had hand-made for me. Among many other grudges from my childhood. And the whole golden rule? Really rare that I see anyone doing something nice with no thought of recompense. And every time I do something nice in front of mother? She always gets upset, 'why did you do that' 'what are they to you' 'why are you helping them' 'you help everyone but your mother'. Why teach that if it's not what you're going to do? Still, I do my best to live my life well, not judge (though admittedly my most awful failing in this is not judging rapists and child molesters), and do good where and when I can. I'm glad to know there's someone else out there who similarly follows Christ's ways. :)

Aaaand...this is probably overly-long and overly-share-y, but...I couldn't leave to see if there's a sequel up without leaving a comment. :) The story is simply brilliant, amazing, wonderful.

Best Wishes!
Re: A/N for chapter 6. No bananas? You must not attend any parties! The lack of bananas could be devastating.

I sincerely hope you watch Dr. Who. :)
Jenlumos71
Saberfan83 chapter 13 . 7/14
Congrats. I enjoyed this story more than I was going to. The prologue especially, nearly put me off reading the rest, but I persevered and I must say this was an enjoyable well-written story.
to me, love is a very strong friendship, ofcourse being in love and loving someone are two different things, similar, but different. What ive seen in this story could be either, im a very apathetic person, thus im not that great at things like this.
IIEarlGreyII chapter 13 . 7/4
Ultimately meh. While Harry has a great personality in this he falls into too many of the classic tropes and it just turns into a below average story. Especially when you throw in swords and guns for no apparent reason. However it was always interesting reading Harry's dialogue, and definitely killed the boredom for the night. I have read better abused or hardcore Harry stories, but this one can still be worth reading.
i really appreciate that you stick to your Harry's personality, people love to at times completely break form their personality just so it fits with the outcome they want, that without giving any thought to how it breaks the story. Since i believe that the end does not justify the means but that the means justify the end, thats very, very bad. Thank you for this.
i like all but the quidditch part, quidditch interests me none, it is a pathetic sport.
its so nice with a reasonable Harry. A child noticing that it is doing strange things (floating things, teleporting or destroying things) would most definitly try to do it again. The child might not try to figure out how it works but they would most definitly want to try to do it again.
Accursed Editor chapter 13 . 7/3
"hypocracy," hypocrisy
" that one up to." too
Accursed Editor chapter 12 . 7/3
" father had lead him" led
"one of the Death Eater's took " Eaters

You used this Sun Tzu quote at the end of another chapter.
Accursed Editor chapter 11 . 7/3
" Youtube " I highly recommend you post names of songs with artists, as it is likely that FFN will destroy the links entirely later, or that the songs will be deleted from Youtube…or, further future, that Youtube will go down.
"Hermion said as " Hermione
"affiliation with cannon." canon, but you probably noticed that and left it as a curator's prerogative.
"I pulled out a die and rolled randomly. And rolled the Hungarian Horntail. Go figure." Thank you!
"The thee Slytherin's raised " three Slytherins
«arena," Came Ludo Bagman's voice,» came
"feel it's magic bound " its

But what of Flamel, I must wonder?
2,479 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »