Reviews for Brutal Harry
ironhair chapter 13 . 1h
I liked the journey more than the destination, looking forward to reading the sequel.
I enjoyed your harry potter characterisation.
Parting thought.. Which game?
ironhair chapter 2 . 8h
The troll takedown was unique. So many copy exactly from canon. Nicely done.
ironhair chapter 1 . 15h
Reading
Thank you so much for the an at the end of this chapter. I am the depressive person you described at the end and to this point, no matter the great therapists I've met and spoken to, not a one of them has made me feel so understood and grateful and genuine. Stories like this and authors like you are why I read and keep on pushing through the pain. Thank you.
Markus Ramikin chapter 11 . 6/27
"Daphne Greengrass could care less"

Sigh.
Markus Ramikin chapter 3 . 6/27
Interesting story, and I'm enjoying reading it.

One think I'm not sure was a good idea is how it's pompous-sounding, the language is often too formal, both in Harry and other people's speech, and even sometimes in narration.

This isn't HPMoR's genius-rationalist Harry, and he'd be more plausible using simpler words even as a supposed nerd. For example:

"Due to inexperience with the subject matter, I am not yet performing very well. I believe you can expect consistent, gradual improvement until I am fully familiar with the basics of each subject."

There's something very fake about it and Minerva would have noticed.
Bludflag chapter 13 . 6/20
I liked this story very much, although I tend to read longer ones. Surprisingly, I read exactly that quote a month before in a different book (not on English since it's not my mother tongue). Regarding what you said about love, you are fully correct (well, in my opinion, you are). It is nice how you remarked Rowling's mistakes, but being technically correct does not make an awesome story ( you even had something to say about that), nor does it make a story worse (only a little bit, if there are only a few mistakes), but yes, the whole characterization was done just plain bad for the most part. Most of the pairings don't make much sense to me (granted, I should go back and read it again, since it has been a while). I think I might have gone slightly off point now, best to stop here before I make a 15 meter tall wall of text (let's play a game called spot the reference). Hopefully, your opinion on love will be taken seriously by people.
Bludflag chapter 8 . 6/20
You wrote pensieve as Penesieve when McGonagall asked him if he was familiar with the use of one. Just wanted to let you know. A question; have you started posting the sequel? Thank you for your time~
Great story you got there! Don't let the negative reviews bring you down!
Schnuff chapter 4 . 6/11
I try to read this a second time.
Now there are some issues with it.
The first one is the abuse.

No, thats not right the Main One is the abuse.

Firstly i don't believe that even with magic someone could survive what you do to Harry. Beaten and starved for weeks regularly? His power must be near god to survive that.
But its also Harry's unrealistic behavior.
You see most abused children believe that they are
the one doing something wrong. If you tell a child
from the moment it can understand that he/she is
unworthy/a freak/bad than its an ever lasting imprint.
Also with all his injuries and chores and school there is simple no time left to learn...its only surviving.

That Petunia has custody of her son and Harry after years of abuse...even if she wasn't the one doing it, but knowing about it...is nonsense.

Generally the story about his first year lacks of information...so he has this strongbox...and sent it
home...never to be heard from it again?

McGonagall is my last point of concern.
So Dumbledore has no time to run the school.
Ergo McG is the one enforcing the rules.
Just because of a letter from Hermione she changes her personality?
SearingFireBlaze chapter 13 . 6/5
Ah, what great tool. The shovel is perfect for many thing, whether they be smahing in the skulls of many or burying the body of your worst enemy.
Simianpower chapter 13 . 6/3
Well done, sir. This is one of the most well-written fanfics I've ever read. Even with the obvious assumptions of canon knowledge.

I was a bit surprised you never did anything further with the basilisk after it was no longer bound, though.

Only one slightly anomalous point: with all the studies Harry did, how did he not notice anywhere that the Unforgiveables are unblockable, and why did he not take any steps to deal with that? Conjurations, summons, specifically training himself to dodge them, etc. This is a rather glaring problem given that he was overly prepared in all other ways and it never even occurred to him to protect himself against this.
Simianpower chapter 9 . 6/3
"The best of stories are always driven by living, breathing characters..."

EXACTLY! I had just this argument to make earlier today with a story that kept forcing characters to make stupid and out of character decisions in order to forward the plot that the author wanted. The plot dominated, not the characters, and it was ultimately unreadable. I wasn't the first to comment to that effect, it turned out.

By the way, you've done a great job here. I'm really impressed, and I have very high standards according to my wife.
Ryuus2 chapter 13 . 5/28
This was incredible. I really loved the depth and reality you added to everybody, without losing their inherent characters. Even as you took them to logical extremes and beyond, they still maintained what made them themselves throughout, and that is a rare thing indeed.

Keep up the great work!
WGGtDoWaSTbP chapter 6 . 5/26
I believe this fic'ss name is quite unrelated to the story as brutal infers he is violent... hes tried to hut dumbledore so far and that's it
2,347 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »