Reviews for Brutal Harry
fan-rei chapter 8 . 9/2
Glad other nations get screen time.
I like Uncle george.
fan-rei chapter 4 . 9/2
Go griff'! :)
fan-rei chapter 3 . 9/2
I was afraid you were turning minerva in an alcoolic. It is nice to see her putting her foot down.
It's interesting that quirrel was not demasqued .
I like too how realisticly hermione's parents reacted too.
Dakren chapter 13 . 8/29
I don't normally post reviews, but this was a really well done story. Harry had an extremely bad childhood even in canon, he should have emerged more screwed up than he did. Yeah, Harry wound up with sword skills and lots of money, and yeah, it's kind of been done in other stories. But none of it changes the fact that this story was well-written and enjoyable, and really accomplishes more to sell love as the most powerful thing in the world than canon Harry Potter did, which is excellent. Your opinions are your own, but I cannot for the life of me understand the negativity in the reviews, which is what inspired me to write this. Keep trucking, author-type person, and thank you for writing this!
RavenWhiteMoi chapter 13 . 8/28
This story is /brilliant/ly bizarre. I love it! And probably didn't catch and/or understand half of your subtle words. But. Still brilliant!
Harry talks like Mr. Spock. It's weird, but still I'm eager to read more. thank you.
BlueKarou79 chapter 13 . 8/12
You almost lost me on this one after the Prologue and how completely horrible the abuse was. I thought when you said 'Brutal Harry' you meant Harry was going to turn out to be an abuser, as so often happens to abused kids. I'm very glad I stuck with it though because you managed to turn Harry into a deeply rich and believable character, and I love this story because of it.

Now we just need Harry to crush Lucius and get Britian's head out of its a** and all will be well.

I'm very interested to see what you do with Lily. I'm hoping you have her confront Snape at some point.

What happened to the stone though? Was it completely absorbed by Hermione and is gone now?
Ken106348 chapter 4 . 8/11
Ok I like the story but what I am commenting on is the post script.
You racist pice of shit. Trying to talk about abuse and then saying what's wrong with people. Get a fucking degree then come back and make a comment. I was in a bad situation when I was younger talking about actually did more harm than good. All cases are different. So keep you fucking two cents to yourself. Just write you little fan fiction and be happy we are reading it.
Anne chapter 1 . 8/10
So, this story is getting old fast. It's way too clinical in it's approach. I don't feel any emotions and thus i don't really care about your character. Also, no matter how friendly Vernon is with the headmaster...this kind of abuse would not have gone on at school. Children tell their parents this kind of stuff and why the heck should those parents be afraid of a whale like Vernon? Or the headmaster for that matter? And why should the teachers be scared? They wouldn't just lose their job. It's the headmaster who would, for not doing anything about the abuse.

And Harry going without food for weeks and weeks? Honestly? He would already be dead, magic or not. Same goes for his wounds and internal bleeding. He would most probably get infections and fever. He might last longer but he would die nonetheless. This whole story is over the top bullshit and i really can't be bothered to continue. All this psychological crap is getting to me even though most of it is true.
rifful chapter 8 . 7/30
Good original story for the most part. I have to call foul though on Sirius signing away his head of house Black. Not only is this unlikely to be legal in any way, It's completely and utterly stupid. You can bring up the fact that Sirius hated responsibilities, or hated his family, or whatever, but he was never the blithering idiot you just made him out to be. It's just so unbelievable that even an AU can't make it work, unless you were going for crack comedy. But then there should have been more butt sniffing.
Miss Count Duckula chapter 13 . 7/30
I love the way you handled the story, from a psychological standpoint. Personally, I find Harry's emotional and academic responses to be plausible. The Dursleys put such emphasis on Harry's "freakishness" and reiterating that he was different from every other human, that when Harry was mentally broken at a young age, he had to rebuild himself. So he chose to rebuild himself with the core belief that no one else ever deserves to feel the pain he went through. Just one reader's view, drawing from empirical data.
I do have some trouble accepting Hermione's responses to Harry's emotional distance. I find it hard to believe that she, even considering her exceptional intellect and maturity, would be able to recognize his fa├žade for what it was. Should I just assume that based on our knowledge of how she handled the situation with McGonagall, that Hermione would have sought advice about how to best help Harry?
Finally, I want to thank you for not using miscommunication as a plot device. It is so commonly used in literature, that I was honestly expecting it when McGonagall went to Hermione for information. I was very pleasantly surprised to discover that you took the time to find a reasonable and rational response for the characters in the aforementioned situation. You give me hope for modern literature. Thank you for this beautiful story, and I greatly anticipate reading the sequel.
maliciouspixie5 chapter 12 . 7/26
This has to have had one of the best fight scenes that I have read on FFN. You sir, are a master.
T51b Moridin chapter 13 . 7/19
That was a truly wonderful story. Easily can end there letting all the worldly issues be imagined or ignored at this point. What I liked most in this story was how you chose to have the Tsu Zu the Art of War quotes at the end of each chapter but THEN you used the verse of true love from the bible at the end. Really excellently done keeping things in perspective.
T51b Moridin chapter 9 . 7/19
george granger is my favorite. Reminds me of GLaDOS. There is always time for science.
Whimsy's Mayhem chapter 13 . 7/16
This is...brilliant. Absolutely *brilliant*. I have no words enough to describe how amazing this fic is. Really.

Like yourself, I was 11 as well when I first began reading the books, at the time the fourth book had been in print for little over a year, and I ended up falling in love with them. In a way- in a very *decisive* way, the books saved my life countless times. I grew up in an emotionally and psychologically abusive home, and the books- and fanfiction, which I discovered a few months after finishing the fourth book- gave me strength to keep going.

I didn't leave my bubble of Harry-Potter-fanfiction-escapism until I was well away from my parents' house. And it was then that I finally began to notice the...'inconsistencies' (sp?) in the books. And they grew and grew every time I went through them again, and looked around, and researched things, and still. I've read plenty of other fics that do make a remarkable attempt at dealing with Harry's abuse, whether canon-level or extreme-level, and only two other fics I have found that, as far as I can see, deals with it in a manner closely relating to reality. However, both of them involved sexual abuse as well, a thing I assumed at the time was used to 'strike home' the severity of the abuse. You, however, did NOT use that, and still, even *more*, drove the story home. By many people, that particular form of abuse is considered the 'most severe' and 'most reprehensible'- I absolutely adore that you did *not* need to use that to clearly express how utterly *wrong* physical and emotional abuse can be all by themselves.

Even more? I am completely blown away by your exquisite portrayal of Love in this story. It's not overt, it's not 'hit-you-over-the-head', it's not loud, it's not sudden, it's not showy. It just *is*. And how it develops gradually, naturally, is simply beautiful. I feel like I might understand your frustration with people not showing- or simply not *understanding*- that type of Love. I myself am very firmly nothing-will-shake-my-faith Roman Catholic, and still, despite what the Church teaches, what my own mother taught me when I was little, it is endlessly frustrating and confusing when no one around me even attempts to follow what they teach or what they were taught. Forgiveness is a very strong tenet in my religion, yet mother still holds a grudge on me from when I was a *one-year-old* little girl who was refusing to wear a yellow dress she had hand-made for me. Among many other grudges from my childhood. And the whole golden rule? Really rare that I see anyone doing something nice with no thought of recompense. And every time I do something nice in front of mother? She always gets upset, 'why did you do that' 'what are they to you' 'why are you helping them' 'you help everyone but your mother'. Why teach that if it's not what you're going to do? Still, I do my best to live my life well, not judge (though admittedly my most awful failing in this is not judging rapists and child molesters), and do good where and when I can. I'm glad to know there's someone else out there who similarly follows Christ's ways. :)

Aaaand...this is probably overly-long and overly-share-y, but...I couldn't leave to see if there's a sequel up without leaving a comment. :) The story is simply brilliant, amazing, wonderful.

Best Wishes!