Reviews for Brutal Harry
Mike chapter 5 . 7/13/2015
Again, agreeing with the author's note more than anything as the AN is already reflected in the text, and quite well at that.
Mike chapter 4 . 7/13/2015
I already like your portrayal of the more questionable characters, not wholly likable but definitely understandable. The author's note was simply impressive insight.
Mike chapter 1 . 7/13/2015
Fantastic start, I am really interested to see what will come of this. I am bad at reviewing but every word is always heartfelt, and you grasp a lot of concepts through his development that many do not, I am interested to see what a dark Harry will do when his drive is concerned not with revenge, but pure survival. This is what has been built so far anyway, and I am looking forward to reading more.
DarkerThanInk chapter 8 . 7/8/2015
Your writing is so incredibly pleasant to read, thanks so much for that!
One of no matter chapter 13 . 7/7/2015
Reading this left me feeling after one chapter like I was not only a person who would be hated but a person whom should be struck down, this of course had me thinking about why I was feeling this way. The conclusion I came to is that this author has a far superior understanding of how to extract emotion from a reader that any other author that I can remember reading if you can not understand why I felt this way I recommend re-reading the Harry Potter books and thinking about Harry as a character and as a human being.
ironhair chapter 13 . 7/5/2015
I liked the journey more than the destination, looking forward to reading the sequel.
I enjoyed your harry potter characterisation.
Parting thought.. Which game?
ironhair chapter 2 . 7/5/2015
The troll takedown was unique. So many copy exactly from canon. Nicely done.
ironhair chapter 1 . 7/4/2015
Reading
Guest chapter 4 . 6/29/2015
Thank you so much for the an at the end of this chapter. I am the depressive person you described at the end and to this point, no matter the great therapists I've met and spoken to, not a one of them has made me feel so understood and grateful and genuine. Stories like this and authors like you are why I read and keep on pushing through the pain. Thank you.
Markus Ramikin chapter 11 . 6/27/2015
"Daphne Greengrass could care less"

Sigh.
Markus Ramikin chapter 3 . 6/27/2015
Interesting story, and I'm enjoying reading it.

One think I'm not sure was a good idea is how it's pompous-sounding, the language is often too formal, both in Harry and other people's speech, and even sometimes in narration.

This isn't HPMoR's genius-rationalist Harry, and he'd be more plausible using simpler words even as a supposed nerd. For example:

"Due to inexperience with the subject matter, I am not yet performing very well. I believe you can expect consistent, gradual improvement until I am fully familiar with the basics of each subject."

There's something very fake about it and Minerva would have noticed.
Bludflag chapter 13 . 6/20/2015
I liked this story very much, although I tend to read longer ones. Surprisingly, I read exactly that quote a month before in a different book (not on English since it's not my mother tongue). Regarding what you said about love, you are fully correct (well, in my opinion, you are). It is nice how you remarked Rowling's mistakes, but being technically correct does not make an awesome story ( you even had something to say about that), nor does it make a story worse (only a little bit, if there are only a few mistakes), but yes, the whole characterization was done just plain bad for the most part. Most of the pairings don't make much sense to me (granted, I should go back and read it again, since it has been a while). I think I might have gone slightly off point now, best to stop here before I make a 15 meter tall wall of text (let's play a game called spot the reference). Hopefully, your opinion on love will be taken seriously by people.
Bludflag chapter 8 . 6/20/2015
You wrote pensieve as Penesieve when McGonagall asked him if he was familiar with the use of one. Just wanted to let you know. A question; have you started posting the sequel? Thank you for your time~
Guest chapter 3 . 6/12/2015
Great story you got there! Don't let the negative reviews bring you down!
Schnuff chapter 4 . 6/11/2015
I try to read this a second time.
Now there are some issues with it.
The first one is the abuse.

No, thats not right the Main One is the abuse.

Firstly i don't believe that even with magic someone could survive what you do to Harry. Beaten and starved for weeks regularly? His power must be near god to survive that.
But its also Harry's unrealistic behavior.
You see most abused children believe that they are
the one doing something wrong. If you tell a child
from the moment it can understand that he/she is
unworthy/a freak/bad than its an ever lasting imprint.
Also with all his injuries and chores and school there is simple no time left to learn...its only surviving.

That Petunia has custody of her son and Harry after years of abuse...even if she wasn't the one doing it, but knowing about it...is nonsense.

Generally the story about his first year lacks of information...so he has this strongbox...and sent it
home...never to be heard from it again?

McGonagall is my last point of concern.
So Dumbledore has no time to run the school.
Ergo McG is the one enforcing the rules.
Just because of a letter from Hermione she changes her personality?
2,487 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »