Reviews for Brutal Harry
Guest chapter 13 . 6/14/2014
Ermagerd herrer perter...but seriously this is my favorite HP fanfiction on the citadel
DarianRaine606 chapter 8 . 6/13/2014
I think i really love uncle george. Im so jealous, I WANT AN UNCLE LIKE HIM
Anastasoula chapter 8 . 6/12/2014
Aw yeah, I do believe I have found my spirit animal in Uncle Granger.
TheMightyKoosh chapter 4 . 6/12/2014
Wow am I enjoying this. I definitely agree with the way you have written the characters. I particularly like what you have done with snape. Now, I love snape, but he is a bully, regardless of his past he picks on children, and I love that you've picked up on that and dealt with it and not just excused it away for ease of telling.
AuntyBee chapter 13 . 6/11/2014
I never leave chapter reviews, as I like to wait till Ive finished reading the entire story before I can decide what I think about it. I hesitate to say I love it as it isn't quite the feeling one has after finishing a story about a main character that has had such a horrible life. At the same time I love what you have done with the Harry Potter world- I've often had the same difficulty seeing Harry as a realistic character as I can't see how someone who has had such a at the least neglected life be the person he is at Hogwarts.
Finally, I love how your bring the main focus to the characters true love- being a Christian myself I find stories that look at life realistically but with the hope that comes from God especially wonderful. So thank you for the time you've spent on this story, and I hope to read more of your work in the future!
dev chapter 7 . 6/9/2014
Made it to Chapter 7 before this story got really fucking stupid. Hot air balloons, flashbangs and probes? What the hell.
Sparkysbro chapter 9 . 6/7/2014
'''Your face," She said, "Is entirely too sad. It needs pie''' This may be the best line I have ever read.
Cave Jonson chapter 8 . 6/5/2014
COMBUSTABLE LEMONS FOR THE WIN
Deathday Party Planner chapter 13 . 6/5/2014
Wow, very well written! IMO, JKR depicted canon!Harry as a weak stumbling character that succeeded less through his brief flashes of power and heroic character than the result of standing at the confluence of vast external influences. I prefer my heroes more like yours, that prevail through the development and exercise of heroic skill, power and sacrificial character and if vast influences are brought to bear they are manifest through our worthy hero. Thank you, I look forward to your sequel.
sea-kingdom chapter 13 . 6/1/2014
wow
i love this so much
and yes, i did find it weird how harry seemed unaffected by his abuse whatsover, and this story is just perfect
i love it
i just
have so many feelings about this story, and i love it
sea-kingdom chapter 3 . 6/1/2014
i'm only on chapter two, and i absolutely ADORE mcgonnagal
yes, she didn't notice he was testing her at first, but once she did, her reaction was exemplary
she refuses to stand for any more bullying etc in the school, and her ultimatum is just perfect
this just proves why she is my favourite professor at hogwarts, because despite her faults, she truly has her students' safety at heart
SeverlyLate chapter 12 . 5/30/2014
Crap, crap,...
Skip, skip...
What?
Disgusting let down of a desent story.
Lana Riddle chapter 13 . 5/28/2014
this is a great fic! i really enjoyed!
McCabeRz chapter 12 . 5/24/2014
Ah, it seems your sequel is already up and finished, I missed that obviously.

Now instead I'm having to choose whether or not to leave the story unfinished because of my dislike for your complete destruction of your Harry's character because of Lily...

I'll give it a few days, i'll have chosen by then, you'll hear from me if the choice is positive.
McCabeRz chapter 13 . 5/24/2014
I enjoyed this whole story immensely, it flowed well, the character interactions were reality and character were actually developed.

However, your last two chapters ruined the entirety of the story for me, and the mistake? Bringing Lily back.

After writing a gritty story of a child developing through life and dealing with hardships, becoming human, you went from writing a real, dark impacting story to making it all about love, making Harry's entire progress within the story to be all for nothing because in the end he was saved by "Goddess Mary-sue" Lily and her complete understanding of magic that completely transcends Voldemort's, who traveled the world learning.

Your choice to bring Lily back actually has me debating to read your sequel when it's released, what I expected from the last two chapters was Harry coming to grips that he still has leaps and bounds before he's on Voldemort's level, the act forced upon Hermione evident of that, therefore making the bond between Harry and Hermione stronger and actual character development gained from it.

Instead it ends with a child professing his love for a women he never knew and never cared for, in fact the only thing i think done right about this chapter is the development between Harry and Hermione's relationship.

Just...incredibly annoying that you can build this character up from a completely wrecked emotional state, have Harry and Hermione become dependent on each other to the point that they fill in the bits lacking in each other, Harry being the body and Hermione being the mind, to completely destroying all the progress you made by bringing back this damn-near omnipotent women that Harry automatically loves, completely destroying his progress in power and emotions all in the space of two chapters.

Your saying how its not realistic for Canon Harry to be how he is, completely lacking the trauma from his upbringing, but what makes that comment worse is you completely contradicted yourself by having an essentially random women come into Harry's life for not even a full day and he automatically loves her, if you were in Harry's situation you wouldn't give a rats ass about Lily, regardless of HER feelings for YOU.

The progression of Harry and Hermione's relationship is realistic, it's done well and feels real, the progression of Harry's emotional, mental and power state is done well, and all of that is completely taken away by Lily's presence.

I can only hope that I have to come to a conclusion on my opinion by the time your sequel is released.

Thanks for the read.