Reviews for Brutal Harry
Soupercan chapter 6 . 5/25/2019
Harry retrieved and changed into casual clothing appropriate to places more reasonable than the magical world

I'm not so sure this stands up to scrutiny. After all, both worlds have politics, and there's nothing to be done about that.
Soupercan chapter 4 . 5/25/2019
Wow. You've somehow managed to write Dumbledore as both incompetent in regards to Harry (because it's Dumbledore) AND competent (because he's actually giving the boy up and examining his own faults).

Well done!

It's rare to see people writing characters as the flawed individuals capable of mistakes that people are. FAR too often this sort of thing devolves into either character bashing or just ignoring problems entirely.
Nemisis420 chapter 8 . 5/20/2019
George Granger reminds me of dr. bright from scp
reddir chapter 4 . 5/18/2019
I am kind of shocked at how much was put into perspective for me from you closing Author’s Note. That vicious cycle you mentioned makes so much so clear.

Thank you.
Nonyaarb chapter 13 . 5/13/2019
Brutal indeed. Brutal brutal brutal. I like how Voldermort got completely fucked over probably for eternity
Fanfictionfan chapter 13 . 4/12/2019
This was an amazing story! You’ve a gift for writing and a wonderful talent in writing characters. While a sad story, this has become one of my favortites. Thanks
ladybug chapter 1 . 4/9/2019
I like the story, except for Harry's superpowers (sooo overdone in fanfic) and the glaring spelling/grammar errors! Like, "Hermione's and I's parents"? No such thing! It's "my parents", or "mine" if used solely, but never ever ever "I's"! Gah, that one hurt the most!
Uncle George was great, I took those scenes to be parodies. He ist just so over the top that I was sorry there wasn't more of him!
Guest chapter 12 . 3/29/2019
I love the letters from Sirius and would love to read more of them and read some of Harry's replies to him.

Can I just say that I'm still waiting for Harry to be "brutal"? He wasn't here; he was simply fighting for his and Hermione's life, that's all. Brutal would be him going after any and all surviving DEs/Tom's fanbois, etc. and torturing them before killing them.
Guest chapter 11 . 3/29/2019
I don't know if you're still reading reviews, but if you are and you still feel connected to this story, remember that you can always return to the story and add segments/bits and pieces here and there if you feel a chapter could have been better presented, so...long story short, if you wanted to, you could come back and add in more ball scenes if you still feel a bit "meh" about the presented work. But only if you wanted to. This was a fine chapter as-is.
NathanielTheCat chapter 13 . 3/24/2019
"I killed a coyote with a shovel."
Gotta be one of the countriest things I've read in a minute.
TotoroX92 chapter 13 . 3/22/2019
This fic is great and I really enjoy reading it, but I think the title is wrong. Harry is only very occasionally Brutal, notably with the Troll but then rarely with other people. His whole friendship with Hermione for instance, is interesting because it showcases how damaged his perception of friendship is as he essentially treats her like a sort of research assistant and very standoffish before gradually coming to consider her as a real friend. His interactions with Draco would have been the point to showcase how 'brutal' he was, but in the end he only snapped Draco's wand. Whatever, point being, love the fic, think the characterization is amazing, but the name is misleading.
lavenderdreams chapter 1 . 3/15/2019
AHHH THis IS SO GOOD
Guest chapter 1 . 3/12/2019
Guest, anyways actually Is a word smh
It’s just the non-standard form of anyway
You would’ve known if you took 5sec of your time to google it
Guest chapter 13 . 3/8/2019
“Anyway” is a word, “anyways” is not!
jeroen1758 chapter 13 . 3/8/2019
It was an excellent, well written story. I too agree with your conclusion about HP in-canon. JKRs biggest mistake in creating HP was his ability to shrug off everything life threw at him. Yes, you perhaps overdid HPs history and power, but it made more sense than JKRs version of Harry. However much it may of been overdone however, you simply created a more feasible backstory and result of was already waswhich definitely makes for a better read.

Well done, indeed. I look forward to the sequel!
2,893 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »