Reviews for Brutal Harry
Winter's Folly chapter 13 . 7/25/2014
Wonderful writing, absolutely marvelous.
Winter's Folly chapter 12 . 7/25/2014
Really really nice.
Winter's Folly chapter 9 . 7/24/2014
Drowninginallmyfandoms chapter 13 . 7/24/2014
I don't think I can deal with all the different emotions this fic brought me. Dear God, I'm crying right now, and I'm not even sure if they're tears of sadness or happiness or joy or fear. They're probably a combination of the four, and let me tell you, that'll jack you up like nothing else! Still, this fic was exceptionally written, so thank you very very much for putting the time in to writing it, and good luck on your next endeavor!
Winter's Folly chapter 8 . 7/24/2014
Also like a science oriented Might Gai.
Winter's Folly chapter 6 . 7/24/2014
Winter's Folly chapter 1 . 7/23/2014
Animekitty47 chapter 13 . 7/20/2014
It is not an AN from hell, and could never be an AN from hell, because you are explaining and answering and adding background to this wonderful story. Yes, it was dark, but that doesn't stop it from being wonderful. And you unfortunately have a very good point about society. *goes to read Hero Harry*
Songs.That.Serenade7 chapter 13 . 7/14/2014
This story was simply and undoubtedly GREAT. Highly sophisticated text and gripping content. Thank you.
masonsmith chapter 13 . 7/7/2014
Wonderful WONDERFUL Story. Absolutely loved it and can not wait to read the sequel. One thing you should be aware of though it does't bother me that you ignored it seeing how many other authors blatantly ignore everything thing from physics to basic market dynamics. Virtually all gold dealers and buyers are heavily monitored by everyone from Interpol to the UN to individual governments and corporations to an extent. Anything that came up as untraceable would throw a huge red flag and cause an enormous investigation. Other than that you explained every aspect that I thought of while actively reading the story ad I must say you are one of the few authors who have managed this. lastly I would like to say thank you for sharing your writing and finding the courage to publish it.
Royslady51 chapter 13 . 7/6/2014
You're correct of course, concerning the written character of Potter as portrayed by Mrs. Rowlings. I've raised or had a hand in raising over twenty foster children in State Custody over my life and not one of them didn't come from an abusive home. Also, every single one of them had issues, to greater or lesser degree.

I will point out, however, the age of the primary target audience and that it would have been highly inappropriate of her to write a more realistic book, simply because children in Situations would have very likely copied anything Harry did to see if it would get them free of it.

As to the idiot who objected to the finally summary with the 'satanist' comment, I'm a full blown pentecostal whose God dictated path concerns the manipulation of the Natural world around me, up to and including drawing on the energy of Earth for the purpose of directing it to specific tasks. The implications of God's immense love for us and Jesus' retrieval of the Keys of the Earth when He defeated Satan in Hell, then handing those keys over to His Church, intimidate most people. Such a gift and a burden doesn't intimidate me in the slightest however since God's guidance in how and when to use such power is constant. The spoken guidance of the still, small voice of the Holy Spirit is ever my guide.

If you want to get on a high horse and accuse some one of proselytizing, Try me on for size, Alistair, since you're too much of a coward to sign in before sniping at the author. Who was spot on target in her remarks...while need Jesus.
Royslady51 chapter 4 . 7/6/2014
Canon, you mean. Cannons are honking huge GUNS.
Alistair chapter 13 . 7/5/2014
I had enjoyed your work up to this point, however, your proselytizing in the author's note ruined it for me. The Bible's message of hate is what turned me into a satanist. I hope at some point, you realize that your belief in love makes you a good _person_.
Alucardh chapter 4 . 7/5/2014
I know that I am saying this a fairly long time after you wrote this, but I thought it was worth noting- JK Rowling did a truly fantastic job of screwing over as many characters as possible without killing anyone until the last minute (which was admittedly an absolute massacre).

I mean seriously, I feel like her method for character development was "Let's see how badly we can fuck over every living character". I'm pretty sure during Harry's entire stay at Hogwarts the only truly happy and sane characters were the Weasley twins and maybe a few Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws. As far as Slytherin goes, you can't claim that children who have been taught to hate everyone and be egomaniacs can be both happy and sane. I don't recall exactly how Blaise/Daphne are treated in canon, so maybe them.

I think James Potter may be the only important character in the entire series who was never subjugated to a horrible event except his death, and his canon response IIRC was to be a bully and an asshole until his 6th year when he had to have a miraculous personality reversal so that JK could get him with Lily.

Anyways...good story, thanks for writing it, much appreciation.
Yes Blaise Zabini is BLACK chapter 13 . 7/1/2014