Reviews for Brutal Harry
A Fan chapter 8 . 7/1/2019
George Granger single handedly stole all of my love for your characterization. Best character ever. I could easily see him as a key character in a crack filled Super!Hermione/Harry fic by introducing them to the wonders of science. It would be glorious.
KamiLong chapter 13 . 6/14/2019
This is one of the best stories out there and one of the ones I liked the most, the characters were very real and the story a nice mix of comedy and drama in right proportion. So thank you for the story I hope you write more amazing fanfiction.
biotech2135 chapter 13 . 6/8/2019
That... That was beautiful. There are not a lot of stories out in that have an end, and even less that have one as great as this. You have written something wonderful, and as a dabbling writer myself(even though I haven't posted anything yet), I can appreciate the effort it took to write this more than some. So congratulations, and thank you for writing such a brilliant story.
Soupercan chapter 12 . 5/25/2019
I really DO like this chapter, but the prolonged nature of the fight seems rather forced.

Riddle screwed up his vow via stupid underlings as soon as Hermione was injured by them. Hell, you could argue (somewhat) that the moment she had to physically exert herself to get away (remembering that physical exercise works off damaging your muscles so they grow back better) the fight should have been over.

And Lily taking forever to show up LONG after Voldemort was operating off Harry's blood seems to same.

Both of these combine to make it seem like you really wanted a nice fight scene (which you did a very good job with, by the way), but that you also wanted to draw out the suffering, both physical and mental, of Harry and Hermione for some unknown reason, only THEN deciding that the fight suddenly stops because of reasons that should have stopped it long before things got to that point.

I mean... Relationship progression, yay! Was just being willing to save her not enough for her to tell him she loved him? Did she need to get mutilated so he knew he loved her?

It's most disappointing because this doesn't seem like the sort of thing you would choose to do.
Soupercan chapter 8 . 5/25/2019
If anyone's going to be responsible for blowing the world up with explosive fruit, it's going to be an over eager physicist who just learned magic is real.

The only thing more dangerous would be handing magic to a bunch of squabbling school children without any sort of adequate supervision and...

Hang on...
Soupercan chapter 6 . 5/25/2019
Harry retrieved and changed into casual clothing appropriate to places more reasonable than the magical world

I'm not so sure this stands up to scrutiny. After all, both worlds have politics, and there's nothing to be done about that.
Soupercan chapter 4 . 5/25/2019
Wow. You've somehow managed to write Dumbledore as both incompetent in regards to Harry (because it's Dumbledore) AND competent (because he's actually giving the boy up and examining his own faults).

Well done!

It's rare to see people writing characters as the flawed individuals capable of mistakes that people are. FAR too often this sort of thing devolves into either character bashing or just ignoring problems entirely.
Nemisis420 chapter 8 . 5/20/2019
George Granger reminds me of dr. bright from scp
reddir chapter 4 . 5/18/2019
I am kind of shocked at how much was put into perspective for me from you closing Author’s Note. That vicious cycle you mentioned makes so much so clear.

Thank you.
Nonyaarb chapter 13 . 5/13/2019
Brutal indeed. Brutal brutal brutal. I like how Voldermort got completely fucked over probably for eternity
Fanfictionfan chapter 13 . 4/12/2019
This was an amazing story! You’ve a gift for writing and a wonderful talent in writing characters. While a sad story, this has become one of my favortites. Thanks
ladybug chapter 1 . 4/9/2019
I like the story, except for Harry's superpowers (sooo overdone in fanfic) and the glaring spelling/grammar errors! Like, "Hermione's and I's parents"? No such thing! It's "my parents", or "mine" if used solely, but never ever ever "I's"! Gah, that one hurt the most!
Uncle George was great, I took those scenes to be parodies. He ist just so over the top that I was sorry there wasn't more of him!
Guest chapter 12 . 3/29/2019
I love the letters from Sirius and would love to read more of them and read some of Harry's replies to him.

Can I just say that I'm still waiting for Harry to be "brutal"? He wasn't here; he was simply fighting for his and Hermione's life, that's all. Brutal would be him going after any and all surviving DEs/Tom's fanbois, etc. and torturing them before killing them.
Guest chapter 11 . 3/29/2019
I don't know if you're still reading reviews, but if you are and you still feel connected to this story, remember that you can always return to the story and add segments/bits and pieces here and there if you feel a chapter could have been better presented, so...long story short, if you wanted to, you could come back and add in more ball scenes if you still feel a bit "meh" about the presented work. But only if you wanted to. This was a fine chapter as-is.
NathanielTheCat chapter 13 . 3/24/2019
"I killed a coyote with a shovel."
Gotta be one of the countriest things I've read in a minute.
2,913 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »