Reviews for Brutal Harry
Sleepygirl68 chapter 13 . 11/8/2015
I enjoyed reading your story and look forward to reading the sequel.
Thanks for writing and sharing your story with us.
CCBottle chapter 11 . 11/7/2015
Hermione talking to a stranger about Harry's traumatic childhood was bad enough but now it will be all over the news because of her. Hopefully it teaches her to respect people's privacy.
Tony McNucklz chapter 5 . 11/4/2015
harry is far to forgiving towards herione and McGonagall for revealing his abuse. he should be enraged. feel like he is being forced to relive it every time someone else apparently knows. its such a colossal betrayal he should have lost his nut again. more violently attempted escape to get away from Hogwarts then violence against them would have been expected.
Tsamoka chapter 13 . 10/30/2015
This is one of the most realistic versions of how Harry's home life would have shaped him I have ever seen. Thank you for writing this. I don't know how JKR justifies the trash she writes. Keep up the good work! :)
lakelady8425 chapter 3 . 10/25/2015
It was supremely satisfying to have McGonagall tear into Dumbledore and Snape for their unconscionable behavior toward Harry. It was also gratifying to see Hermione's parents do what any loving parents would do and have her removed from such an unsafe environment. I'm really enjoying your story.
joshjoe chapter 13 . 10/22/2015
Some good stuff here. McGonagall in particular is much improved and more likable than most versions, I can actually respect her here. I particularly liked her speech about Harry to the students. Dumbledore explained as neither evil nor idiotic, but simply over-busy and old is a nice compromise between keeping to his actions in canon, but also explaining how a good-intentioned person could allow horrific acts under his watch. (Ignoring his plans in canon to sacrifice Harry, which doesn't take place during this period.) Harry's theft of the Stone (without a motive to do so) seems out of place. Overall though, despite his more believable reaction to childhood trauma, I find this Harry more likable than the canon Harry, who mostly achieves success through luck and the efforts of others, mostly his parents and Hermoine.
The1NightOwl chapter 13 . 10/17/2015
Lol. That's an interesting way to end a rant. Amazing story 10/10 would read again.
Goodpie2 chapter 13 . 10/4/2015
Wow. That was impressive. I eagerly await the sequel, as soon as my headache is gone.

On a different note, I loved the fact that you replaced the *Art of War* quote with that verse.
Goodpie2 chapter 8 . 10/4/2015
Uncle George makes me think of a character in my current Pathfinder campaign. He's a mad scientist with questionable motives, who experiments on almost anything for the sake of, in his words, "SCIENCE!" Unlike Uncle George, Aldini (the character in question) refuses to have anything to do with magic, which hinders his goals significantly.
Goodpie2 chapter 7 . 10/4/2015
That seems a bit advanced for 1993, doesn't it?
bloomsburry chapter 3 . 10/4/2015
This chapter made me cry! I'm so glad Minerva defended Harry!
Goodpie2 chapter 1 . 10/3/2015
I've been avoiding this story for years because of the title. Then I finally give in and read it, and it turns out it's exactly what I've been looking for since I started fanfiction. Huh.
Jhotenko chapter 13 . 9/17/2015
The imagery from your writing is hauntingly vivid. From the initial scenes of Harry's beatings to the picture of Hermione laying broken and dying, I have pictures etched into my mind. I am a sucker for selfless sacrifice in stories, and Hermione's in particular was beautiful even while making me cringe.

One thing I must admit I dislike, was Lily's resurrection. I have no issue with you using her to finish off Voldemort, but having her come back to life permanently seems to cheapen the sacrifice she had made all those years ago. I would have rather seen Lilly's specter either dissipate, or return to guarding Harry. Perhaps I'm just a bastard.

Overall, amazing story.
Warrior of North chapter 6 . 9/17/2015
A efficient story detailing all part of Human behavior and honestly contains no error for to be pointed out. The Story is Awesome in simple word.
KassieJean chapter 9 . 9/13/2015
while I enjoy the concept of this, the story itself is just not to my liking.
2,549 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »