Reviews for Brutal Harry
The Dain chapter 6 . 7/25/2011
An emotional chapter. Nice :)
negligibleSanity chapter 6 . 7/25/2011
Excellent story. You've definitely achieved a high level of realism in this, and you've written your characterisation beautifully. I look forward to further chapters.
SalemTheSpeakerOfTruth chapter 3 . 7/25/2011
'Ol Minnie starts spoutin' gibberish when she's angry. :P
Cassandra30 chapter 6 . 7/24/2011
Oh heavens! I am sorry! This chapter was well done and very evocative so you succeeded.
Cosmos chapter 6 . 7/24/2011
I'm liking your fic, how Harry is very objective and brutal in his description of the world. It fits with the utilitarian personality you're giving to him. I also like how Hermione is working her little plan to help Harry heal by making him less formal and accepting of her.

Another thing: "...the door was opened by one Hermione Granger, age thirteen, three inches taller than Harry, recent inductee into puberty, and possessor of a nigh-infinitely larger desire and capacity for physical affection than Harry."

Initially, I didn't understand what you meant by "recent inductee into puberty" until I realized I had to translate from Harry's utilitarian language to regular parlance and I figured that Harry noticed that Hermione was developing breasts. That interests me because I want to see how you'll deal with Harry's sexuality. No matter how he tries to be practical and utilitarian his body will mature and sexual desire, even if only physical, will appear. I'm curious to see how you'll develop this aspect of his life.

Cosmos
Luiz4200 chapter 3 . 7/24/2011
I'm starting to have hopes for Sirius Black.
Beezlebubbles chapter 6 . 7/24/2011
And now we wait for updates. Nice way to make it looks like cannon with Petigrew, I wonder who will search for Voldemort now.
ShineX chapter 6 . 7/24/2011
interesting, I look forward to more :)
Beezlebubbles chapter 5 . 7/24/2011
I find it hard to believe he would give his key to Granger, after all, someone who never had anything are pretty possessive when he gets something. Poor Minnie! :P
Beezlebubbles chapter 4 . 7/24/2011
Yet another excelent chapter. I see Minnie will be playing a big role in this fic. I have to agree with your comment about Voldemort at the note, I mean, if I was him I would probably do the same thing.
Luiz4200 chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
Did Harry learn of his trust fund?
taxzombie chapter 4 . 7/24/2011
This is a very deep and disturbing tale.

That said it is also quite qripping.

That Lily appeared and reaked vengence upon Vernon was a suprising scene. That there were no details, merely observations concerning her actions makes it all the more chilling as it leaves it up to the readers imagination.

Harry's attack on Dumbledore was definately more in line with what I would expect if one were to learn who the person was that was responsible for placing one in Hell on Earth for most of thier lives.

Dumbledore not understanding why he was attacked is all the more proof that he is well past his prime. It is only later when he has it shoved it down his throat that he finally admits to his failure.

Your characters have life, a disturbing life at times but interesting ones. I am looking forward to you filling them out more, and seeing how you plan in redeeming Harry.

A most excellent tale.
Beezlebubbles chapter 3 . 7/24/2011
I have to say that your story characters is much more realistic than cannon.
MikerG chapter 6 . 7/24/2011
I almost cried at the scene where Hermione holds Harry outside his cupboard. I think this chapter is a major step in Harry's development. He let someone touch and care for him. Great story.
Beezlebubbles chapter 2 . 7/24/2011
I'm really confused about what is Harry's goal. Hes getting stronger, hes training, but my question is: for what ?
2,158 | « Prev Page 1 .. 114 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 134 .. Last Next »