Reviews for Brutal Harry
I love the h/hr in this

lol AN

love fight seen
Jiopaba chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
Man, this is one of the most amazing stories I've yet read. It's one of those few that make me regret my decision to favorite every story I ever finish so that I can find it again later, because now I have no mechanism in place for setting stories like this on a higher pedestal. There's no One to Five star rating system where I can give this one a five and another a two, nor is there a way to double-favorite it and have it appear on a separate list "The top 10% of all the stories I've bothered to read."

Still though, I can at least convey my appreciation to you, the author. This is absolutely fantastic. You're a very good writer, and I've really enjoyed reading this story.

It's also very nice to see how well you've thought out things like the gold production.

And, as a bonus, you threw in an author's note that I enjoyed probably at least as much as the chapter itself, adjusted slightly for comparative length. Your beta sounds like a great guy, so, thanks to him too for his work on this story.
teachergirl chapter 4 . 8/27/2011
Since this is Harry's second year, he is 12 years old, not 11.
lectorsum chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
First of all, I would like to congratulate you on an excellent example of the written word; it is clear concise and very readable. As a now (happily) retired former grammar man, it always gives me a great deal of pleasure to read the work of young aspiring authors (hey your description not mine:-)).

It is obvious as I read that you have given the subject of deprived and abused children a great deal of thought and research. This has lead to a very enlightening and at times poignant account.

You have shown the arrogance of the Malfoys and have easily done so in a manner that also indicates their stupidity... at least Malfoy the younger seems to have learned a lesson:-). Fudge will always be a self serving idiot so no surprises there.

I like the humour you inject with Hermione's Uncle George, but knowing as much about quantum science as I do about Nuclear Physics - on par with my knowledge of the mating habits of the lesser Mongolian woodpecker -, am hardly in a position pass judgement on the validity or not of your (his) words. I love your Harry; he is a brilliant but flawed and look forward to further chapters of his very wonderful (if dangerous) school life.

Overall then, I have no commercial aspirations to publish work, but know (I always like the use of homophones in the same sentence; it has more impact that way) what I enjoy reading and congratulate you on a wonderful piece of writing.

Tibi grates ago fabellae et bona fortuna et alibi. Ave atque vale, Lector
Itachi's apprentice chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
Great work.
anon chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
Gold was a lot cheaper in the 90s though, like 300 an oz or so.
enchantedlight chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
great chapter! update soon!
somebodykillme chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
The first thing I thought when I began reading this story and had finished the first chapter was "Finally! Someone who realizes that the very idea of Harry Potter being anywhere close to normal in personality to the average pre-teen/teen/adult is absolutely ridiculous!" In my opinion, this is one of the most well-done stories portraying Harry in relation to his upbringing that I have ever read. It was a joy to read such an accurate portrayal of his psyche, thank you very much for writing this story. I found the wealth of reality in this story amazingly refreshing.

skm
Mobozo chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
Another good chapter. I am really enjoying this story and looking forward to the next chapter.
Who Are You What Do You Want chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
author's notes nooooooo. Look away from them. Sorry had to do it. Loved the chapter. And the notes.
Joe Fenton chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
I like how the story is going. This was one of the best methods of defeating the dragon I've read. :)

The Firefox on the computer your friend was using was probably a soft-link to a remote network copy. When he "deleted" Firefox, he was probably removing the soft-link, allowing the computer to find the actual local copy on the computer. That would fit the description you gave of the troubles and "solution" better than anything else I can think of off-hand.
Xardoth chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
Don't see how people can complain about update times, as I have noticed that you update about once a week around the weekend, and for the quality of the work you put up here, its pretty stellar.

I like your reasoning behind Harry's purchase power and the thought you put into the last AN, though I don't really think it needed to be justified so extensively (did people really complain about flooding the gold market? eesh.)

As for the chapter itself, I really like Harry's response to being forced to participate in the Triwizard Tournament, as it seems very natural for the kind of character he has. The ending scene was also very well done, I like how you have Harry finally admitting that he needs someone, a very vital part of human needs.. the need to interact with other humans. I also liked Hermione's response, both the initial response the day after Harry woke and the ending scene; it felt pretty true to her character.
The Dain chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
The gold-issue: Fair enough.

I had the impression that Harry was using significantly larger funds than 'only' 60 million, since he was talking about acquiring controlling shares of several corporations (I was, probably incorrectly, thinking about international corporations here) and several large properties (where even one might go for the prize of millions).
TheGirlofTigers chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
Love this I love how you made Harry real. Cant wait for more!
2,549 | « Prev Page 1 .. 114 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 134 .. Last Next »