Reviews for Brutal Harry
ariel stormcloud chapter 10 . 9/1/2011
great story
namelis chapter 10 . 8/31/2011
i think that it is practical for harry to face the horntail every time at least if you still have them picked the same way each champion stuck their hand in the bag and grabbed a model of the dragon they had to face they all knew it was dragons that they had to face for several days before the event every one except maybe cedric likely knew all 4 possibilitys so they likely had a general idea of distinguishing features that they could feel for in the bag since the horntail was the worst of the choices with a distinctive trait that would be easy to feel for it makes sense that they all would avoid it leaving it for the last to get to pick which was harry

one thing that always bothers me that i see a lot is how people treat vertiserum as if it creates a emotionless question and answer session that gives nothing but what is specifically asked for when the only time we see it used in the books almost the opposite is true when i read that part the impression i got was that crouch jr was asked a question he gave a highly emotional answer practically bragging about what he did giving far more detail then he was asked for as if he lost all inhibitions and said exactly what he thought in fact i dont think i have ever seen a fic where it worked the way it does in the book not that you showed it working one way or another but it seamed to be implied how it works when harry volunteered to be questioned with it about sirius escape

otherwise i find your story interesting and cant wait to read more
Akira Stridder chapter 10 . 8/30/2011
woow i like this! so awesome...haha i like the wau harry said..i dont want to be alone..come with me!
LoireLoa chapter 10 . 8/30/2011
After the epic battle he had with the Goblet, it's obvious to anyone that Harry didn't enter his name in the tournament. And every time he pushes himself into magical exhaustion he get stronger, so whoever entered him should flee the country while they still can.
DarkHeart81 chapter 10 . 8/30/2011
Loved the fight between Harry and the Goblet as well as how he dealt with the dragon. Can't wait to see what happens next. It should be interesting to see how this version of Harry handles the Yule Ball. I imagine it'll be Hermione he takes. If not her then I would think Luna.
timunderwood9 chapter 3 . 8/30/2011
Very good again. I think the title is actually a bit problematic, I two or three times in working through lists skipped over the story because I wasn't particularly interested in reading something which portrayed Harry as a vicious bully semi approvingly, and only decided to give it a shot based on the story having a much higher review to chapter ratio than anything else I was looking at. (the other story which I read where the summary suggested a similar concept to this had Harry portrayed that way).

I'm definitely looking forward to how you manage the distant interaction between Harry and Hermione in this story, (Hermione of course being my favorite character).

McGonogall realizing Harry was *right* was a great moment, as was the confrontation with Dumbledore, although the outcome of it is the staff now knows more about Harry than Harry wants the staff to know, which may lead Harry to be angry at Hermione.
timunderwood9 chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
Quite good set up.

Part of this variant of Harry is a fairly typical discovers magic before Hogwarts, intelligent, and does his work (which I suspect is only a bit more typical of an abused kid than being the sweetest person in the world. OTOH I think we can safely assume magic was at some level helping Harry heal after his beatings).

There is a lot of potential here for a hero who due to his aims is someone we can sympathise with and approve of (partially at least) but whose behavior is highly disturbing and problematic.

Also everyone likes the disciplined brilliant hero (wouldn't we all like to be disciplined and brilliant?).

This chapter also is good because you build the entire story within the ascending levels of Harry's POV, and the language and descriptions work quite well (something I've noticed in several other stories where the first chapters were extremely good due to POV management is there is tendency for the story over time to slip into a more normal narration, where the uniqueness of the perspective is lost- this is connected with the plot tending to become indistinguishable from every other FF).

Anyways liked this chapter.
RebeccaRoy chapter 7 . 8/29/2011
Now that is a perfect escape. It's not nice to keep someone locked up for lots of years with no trial, either kill him or give him a trial.
RebeccaRoy chapter 6 . 8/29/2011
Not sure what I reviewed or not but just wanted to say this a very good story. It is sad to see Harry react in such a negitive way to any positive affection, but he was badly abused. I don't like his aunt free as she proded Vernon to abuse Harry and admited to it as well.
DecepticonDefenestrater chapter 10 . 8/29/2011
Great story.

About what you said in chapter seven about why you wrote this story. That's exactly how I feel about my own werewolf story. I seem incapable of finding a story that meets my standards and I got so fed up that I decided to write my own, though it's not published yet.

:D
reader chapter 9 . 8/29/2011
Great story and i got the point you were conveying through Vernon's violent tendencies,i found them a little bit too extreme and on the bright side your portrayal of harry as a character is great and development of his magic is quiet realistic and seem to wary of harry potter fan fiction to an extent and i don't blame you the a lot of reason s to be but I could recommend Emperor by Marquis a piece of unique harry fan fiction.I highly recommend it.
Jaraiya's apprentice chapter 10 . 8/29/2011
Seriously, excellent story.
wawo20 chapter 10 . 8/29/2011
Awesome scene with harry fighting the power from the goblet. Original and totally in line with his character. Love the scene with madam bones testing his defense capabilities.
RockBane chapter 10 . 8/29/2011
I wondered what became of Wormtail.
Sasparilla89 chapter 10 . 8/29/2011
Hi there!

I just finished all of the ten chapters you've written sofar and I must say it's been a long time since I've read a recent story as good as this one. Everything is well reasoned, logical and realistic (if you forget the magical stuff for a second). I was especially pleased with your goldrant at the end. A ton (tonne?) of gold may seem a lot, but it really isn't on a global scale. I become frustrated every time a fanfic author has a character exchanging a GOLDEN coin (possibly as big as a wheel nut according to book 4) for a mere 5 or 10 pounds. That would make a sickle, a silver coin less than a dollar. A golden coin would currently be closer to a thousand pounds. But nobody bothers to look that up. That's why I'm glad you do look stuff up and keep things realistic. If I may be so bold, can I suggest not to use a Harry hermione pairing? They may be good friends, but how many people stick with the same girl from age eleven? They can still be close friends, but it's much more refrehing and original to have him hook up with other girls and experiment a bit. That's why I liked Harry meeting hermiones extended family, which offered some possibilities in that direction.

I'm guessing in future chapters there will be a harryfleur moment and I think krum put his name in the goblet, being possessed by voldemort. Who is going to use his stash of weapons? I've no idea.

I hope my English isn't too confusing. I hope to see another chapter soon!

Cheers,

S.

Ps: I had to laugh quite a bit at your last AN. I can tell why you're having pcproblems, you were using Linux and firefox ;-)
2,598 | « Prev Page 1 .. 114 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 134 .. Last Next »