Reviews for Brutal Harry
Publiclee Speaking chapter 11 . 9/4/2011
I love your story. One of the things that always bugged me about Rowling's Harry is that his abuse did not seem to effect him in any meaningful way. Your Harry both shows one set of actual effects of abuse, not the whiny, emo, angsty portrayal that people from happy childhoods seem to think would happen, while simultaneously using it to keep the tension and story progression present, as Rowling's plots seem to disintegrate if Harry takes too much of an initiative. It is a little painful reading it, due to the fact that I came from an abusive home, though obviously not as bad, and I find myself wishing I had had my own Hermione growing up. You are so accurate in your descriptions that I can only assume that you have a similar past, were friends with someone who did, or work in the psychological field dealing with similar cases. This is by far one of my favorite HP fanfics, along with methods of rationality, the real us, and partially kissed hero, though the last two were more amusing then meaningful. I look forward to the next chapter, and though I am sad that this story is drawing to a close, I know that it must be so and am looking forward to how it comes together.
kingdom219 chapter 11 . 9/4/2011
Great story so far! love Harry's attitude and how he is slowly changing!

keep up the great work!
cosmoGirl666 chapter 11 . 9/4/2011
Loatroll chapter 11 . 9/4/2011
Thanks for the great read. Really looking forwad to more.
red neo ranger chapter 11 . 9/4/2011
loved it keep it up
Blaze1 chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
This chapter was interesting and really grabbed my attention, always good to have a story that does that. I do have one gripe though.

Yes, Harry was abused, but that wouldn't make turn him into a recluse individual unwilling to trust. It can actually become the opposite, Harry became TOO trusting, his desire to be accepted and loved was why his abuse hadn't turned his personality on it's head. It's why he despised the attention he received as TBwL and desired nothing more than to be normal person with normal friends and a normal school life.
Lucy's Echos chapter 11 . 9/3/2011
I have read many pieces of fanfiction that have Harry in similar positions, and have him attempting to act the same, but none of the ones that I have read can compare to your take of this Harry.

I love the realism, and the fact that every action has some kind of reciprocation. Loving the evolving relationships Harry is beginning to form with others outside of Hermione and . I will have to say that my favorite character so far is 'Uncle Gorge' he made me laugh.

Hopefully you will be able to post the next installment shortly, I am dieing to read more.

-Lucy
ButcWolf chapter 11 . 9/3/2011
Harry's tactic was excellent! Great chapter.
Nyos chapter 10 . 9/3/2011
A fantastic read. Whenever you publish your original story, please let me know; I'll go and read it immediately.
Mister Bigbucks chapter 11 . 9/3/2011
great story
Raethor chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
Why would an elementary school have Adult Books in their library?

And why did harry not try to learn the 'flame and the void'?
PurpleBullet chapter 11 . 9/3/2011
I love this story. I can't wait until you post the next chapter.
Untamed of Wildwind chapter 11 . 9/3/2011
This is very well written. I am curious as to how it will end.

You also metioned at one (or more?) point that you have been writing non-fanfiction - is it too intrusive to ask if there is anything I might be interesting in reading...?
jbfritz chapter 11 . 9/3/2011