Reviews for Brutal Harry
Cassandra30 chapter 9 . 8/21/2011
Most excellent!
Therio chapter 9 . 8/21/2011
I am really enjoying this story. While I prefer my stories to be Harry centric, I did find the anecdote about George Granger quite amusing.
pfeil chapter 9 . 8/20/2011
Why would he let anyone other than Hermione do that? and especially not Luna of all people...
Zamia chapter 9 . 8/20/2011
Enjoyed Harry's threat/promise to Lucius. If anyone can shock Harry it would be Luna. Good read. Cheers.

Z
Hericus C chapter 9 . 8/20/2011
Still remains very interesting but I do have a couple of questions. Sirius immigrated to the US and since then has ignored his godson? Is he is contact with anyone [Remus]? Who received the title Lord Black and why were they not informed?
001collective chapter 9 . 8/20/2011
Fantastic chapter, but you said there are only a few more chapters? I certainly hope you write a sequel, then.
witowsmp chapter 9 . 8/20/2011
I look forward to Harry figuring out how to make Elixer of Life, and wonder if that would destroy the Horcrux in his head.

It seemed a bit odd to me that Lupin's teaching Potions, since he specifically stated in PoA that he's not that good at the subject, which is why Snape brewed the Wolfsbane for him.

I wish Harry had disarmed Lucius and his bodyguards to demonstrate their helplessness before walking off.

I love how Hogwarts has become a school rather than a front for the Order of the Phoenix, as Dumbledore had made it.

I wonder how all the various things you mentioned will factor into this story, so I look forward to the next chapter.
schnookums chapter 9 . 8/20/2011
Just finished catching up on your fic. Love the new chapters. I keep thinking to myself if your going to pair Harry with anyone, he and Hermione could go so far together. Then I see this chapter and Luna is just adorable. It doesn't matter, it's just fun to think of while reading. Anyways I love the way you've developed the characters. I'm curious as to what part Snape will play in the future, mist likely the sequel since you had him think of the debt he owed James Potter in an earlier chapter. I look forward to the final chapters here and seeing what happens when you get around to the next installment.
WolfbrotherTitan chapter 3 . 8/20/2011
I have a hard time reading about certain acts and child abuse is one of them, so getting past the first chapter was hard, but possible because Harry had a means of defending himself. Also, JKR created a situation where she tried to present a verbally and emotionally abused child, but even her story had suggestions of physical abuse (some blatent, some not), and even your first chapter felt more real than her story. That said, I would rarely seek reality through fiction, but your story is complex and interesting, and still maintains the aspect of fantasy by the very nature of the setting.

This chapter was a necessary step in the healing process and hopefully Harry will find a very different Hogwarts when next he steps into those hallowed halls. McGonagall has proven herself a much better person in this story than in most, both by recognizing her failures and by determining and acting to rectify them. Snape I don't see changing. He's too sure he's right and the whole scene in the movie where he cradled Lily's dead body was just creepy. Of course, some authors succesfully turn Snape into something better than he is, even if not so great as JKR tried to make him at the end, so what you do there won't greatly interfer with my enjoyment of this story.

The final few things I have to say are that the title had me hold back for a time, there are tons of Harry/Hermione stories out there and that held me back from reading this story, but what ultimately made me give it a chance was that several authors whose works I enjoy had it among their favorites. When all is said and done, I'm glad I decided to read your story, and I thank you for providing it to fanfiction. Also, I was very glad to learn how one aspect of this story will be to teach Harry to heal from those early years of abuse bordering upon torture.
Midnight Hikari chapter 9 . 8/20/2011
Holy crap, this story is amazing. I even put my bloody homework aside to read and finish this story in the past... 2 hours. I will admit, I was expecting a sterotypical Smart!Harry, but this one - guh. It's amazing.

To the point that I went out and bought the Art of War.

I sincerely hope you update this fantastic story when you get the chance. And good luck on your original! :D
GenoBeast chapter 9 . 8/20/2011
Does Hermione tend to create a replicator as the end result of the research? Maybe it would not do the energy to matter but place base elements of everything for the use. Her mystery material could be diamond or exceptionally strong alloy/metal? Never really expected Hermione to have her own secret project apart from Harry though in a way it makes sense if she will tell Harry eventually.

It is awesome how you also pulled in the idea of guns. Some make the mistake of either boosting the 'gun' use or limiting and making guns seem near useless against magic. I even read of one fanfic where Mr. Weasley talks about a handgun malfunctioning around magic, of course the Author then introduced magical bows...so one wonders his true intent. Also it was good that you both showed a superman like quality to Harry's shield but then also cut its legs out from under it for different types of danger he could face. The shield was designed strictly for physical damage and can even last against the power of automatic rifles fired at close range...that is even more impressive than I would have thought for the shield.

Ideas. Use or don't use.

.Flying: he has durable skin, he needs to fly to be a true superhero(to truly be 'super'.lol). I of course have limited idea of how you would achieve that for your story...maybe have a series of enchanted bands that allow flight, like for writs, ankles, and torso. Possible even use wandless spells if he can build up the control for power and precision. Add in some near subconsious use of it for the benefit of not crashing into buildings.

.Ballistic telekinsis: use magic to wandlessly accelerate small objects at high velocity so like a pebble or ball bearing peirces the body.

.Elemental training: learn to control fire with ones magic. A side benefit of handling fiendfrye maybe...
The Dain chapter 9 . 8/20/2011
If Harry has managed to create enough gold to start buying up a series of large estates and controlling interests in several major companies...then I would wager a guess and say that the amount of gold he is throwing into the market should have started to seriously affect its prize by now. :)

People will notice that the amount of gold sales has skyrocketed this year and that someone is throwing away incredibly large volumes of the stuff as if there was no tomorrow. On top of that, they'd be able to tell that whereever the gold is coming from, it is from an entirely new source. Modern analysis and stuff, combined with gold being a tightly watched substance. So Harry isn't being as sneaky as he thinks he is and probably already the target of a feverish investigation by several corporate and government groups. Of course, they'd be completely unable to come to any correct conclusion (unless they happen to have a magic-informed source avaiable, a stroke of luck which might just be in the realm of possibility for the seriously powerful - government heads are briefed on their magical parasite subtenants after all and should realistically point some intelligence assets their way, not to mention the number of disgruntled Muggleborns magical society seems to produce).

On the other hand, depending on the economic climate, he could probably hope to profit off a gold bubble - during recession even moreso than during normal times, people put an extremely unreasonable amount of faith into it which might serve to hide the gold-inflation for some time. The inevitable crash and following financial crisis would be both hilarious and horrifying at the same time, though. He'd better be prepared for it or limit his buying spree. :P

I can totally understand that George Granger might be slightly excited about the prospect of someone demonstrating magic in front of him. It's like being handed the Holy Grail of science - and a guaranteed Nobel Prize. I already wanted to write something about this last chapter, but refrained since Hermione's physics lessons were more comic relief than anything - but if you want to do a more serious treatment:

First and foremost, contrary to popular opinion, magic and science are not at war with each other, nor inherantly unable to understand each other, and I am thankful that you already included this much better approach. Science is the endeavour to understand the way the world works, and the discovery of 'magic' (an umbrella term for every fictional phenomenon unknown to science, encompassing everything from Alice in Wonderland to satanic rituals) would be the Most Totally Awesome News Ever to a real scientist.

From his perspective, he's just entered the land of plenty, of milk and honey: It means that contrary to the current state of affairs, where everything easy has been thoroughly researched and any new scientific breakthrough is only achieved through years of mind-boggling number-crunching, the 'publish-or-die' mentality and extremely expensive projects, he has been granted access to complete virgin soil. Here breakthroughs and discoveries will be plenty, and probably already accomplishable with relatively easy field work and the implications for the progress of science, and the human species overall, will be vast and unbelievable. That's a prospect most scientists would give an arm and a leg, and probably their soul, for.

To start with: Hermione already launched into an attempt to create some very specific practical applications. That kinda sounds like a school science fair mentality. The first and foremost thought running through the head of George Granger should be to point as much detection equipment as he has avaibale on Hermione just doing some simple magical demonstrations and try to learn as much as possible about the Nature of Reality itself. :)

Although his first objective probably will be to try and find any detection equipment which actually works in the presence of magic, depending on your interpretation of the 'Muggle devices don't work in my story and anyone who tries to use logic or Muggle solutions to solve Harry's magical problems will be written out of it' approach Rowling took. And this search for magic-proof equipment alone will already tell a multitude of interesting things to a scientists. George Granger would literally already form, discard, and test dozens of different hypotheses before he even manages to catch a single successful measurement of 'magic'.
bakapervert chapter 9 . 8/20/2011
Thanks for the update.
akiyan chapter 9 . 8/20/2011
I'm just wondering if the story is going to be Harry/Hermione pairing only or Harry/multi?
phorcys chapter 9 . 8/20/2011
interesting story, I just have one comment. Harry is gathering wealth in a variety of banks in many countries, please remember that some of the biggest criminals of the ages have been caught by tax fraud.
2,485 | « Prev Page 1 .. 116 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 136 .. Last Next »