Reviews for Brutal Harry
Xardoth chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
Don't see how people can complain about update times, as I have noticed that you update about once a week around the weekend, and for the quality of the work you put up here, its pretty stellar.

I like your reasoning behind Harry's purchase power and the thought you put into the last AN, though I don't really think it needed to be justified so extensively (did people really complain about flooding the gold market? eesh.)

As for the chapter itself, I really like Harry's response to being forced to participate in the Triwizard Tournament, as it seems very natural for the kind of character he has. The ending scene was also very well done, I like how you have Harry finally admitting that he needs someone, a very vital part of human needs.. the need to interact with other humans. I also liked Hermione's response, both the initial response the day after Harry woke and the ending scene; it felt pretty true to her character.
The Dain chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
The gold-issue: Fair enough.

I had the impression that Harry was using significantly larger funds than 'only' 60 million, since he was talking about acquiring controlling shares of several corporations (I was, probably incorrectly, thinking about international corporations here) and several large properties (where even one might go for the prize of millions).
TheGirlofTigers chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
Love this I love how you made Harry real. Cant wait for more!
zeropolis79 chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
Good chapter!

I know what it is like sorting out computers - I maintain the computers at the school my wife teaches at and I've lost count of what I've had to do to undo what the students do...
peruser chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
So much emotion! It seems like Harry is trying so hard to protect himself and to become stronger, yet every time he seems to be making progress something attacks him in some way. The scene with Harry fighting the GoF was intense! I could practically feel how intensely Harry was fighting to stop that magic from binding him! Also how shocked and frightened he felt that he couldn't fight it off. It makes me glad that he has Hermoine, because if he didn't have hers and their friends' support I think that this would have wrecked him. Karkaroff was an idiot! If he does try to pull something on Harry, I hope Harry kicks his deatheater butt!
Sammy Holzbein chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
Well, that strength-and-intimidation strategy Harry is planning to execute actually isn't bad for his situation. He's already got a lot of strength - magically, financially, and, to some extent, politically - and it's only going to grow. It would be exceedingly difficult to keep his anonymity, the way he's been antagonizing people. So, showing that it just wouldn't pay to mess with him would keep off the small fry. The ones who are really determined to off him would do so anyway.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how Harry's going to solve the second task, and what the circumstances are going to be. Getting Hermione away from him, into apparent danger, wouldn't be high on McGonagall's priority list. So how is she going to solve that?
TechTold chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
awesome story keep up the good work
imagelesssky chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
Rolled a die and still came up with a Hungarian Horntail? I guess Harry was just fated to face the Horntail. :) Thanks for another great chapter. In my opinion this story is shaping up to be better than canon ever thought about being. Also I have to say I agree with your comments about JK's canon.

I greatly enjoyed Harry's response to the Goblet and to Karkoff's idiocy. Throughout this story Harry and Hermione's interaction and the progression of their relationship has been what keeps bringing me back, the realness of it is amazing. I love this story. Now if only canon had been more like this story.

Thanks to you and your Beta for the effort, and subsequent hilarity that ensued, that you both went through to bring us this compelling next installment of Brutal Harry! This is one of my favorite stories, I'm looking forward to the next installment! Also you made my day when you mentioned a sequel to this wonderful story! Until next time!
Artur Hawkwing1 chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
Love this story.
ROBERT-19588 chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
Here some of my thoughts and ideads and questions, feel free to use them if you want.

In Math and in coumputer programing, somthing is equal if they are exatly the same, so the Prophecy would give Harry ALL of Voldemort's Power, knowledge, experience, Etc.

The Prophecy said Voldemort would mark Harry as his equal, NOT HARRY WOULD MARK VOLDEMORT AS HIS EQUAL. Meaning that any Gifts, Talents, Etc. Harry had as a child, Harry would still have but Voldemort would Not gain, however any Gifts, Talents, Etc. Voldemort had Harry WOULD Gain them.

If Voldemort marked Harry as his equal, why did Harry NOT recive ALL of Voldemort's knowledge and experience and power (level) the night Harry's parants were killed, (not to make Harry Dark, Evil, Light, or what people say, it is our choises that make us who and what we are)?

The Prophecy said only Voldemort and Harry could kill each other. Why can't other people harm, subdue, Etc. Voldemort and his Death Eathers, and then bring Harry to Voldemort for the final Killing blow?

I wish Harry had started out useing muggle fire power agenst The Goblet of Fire, like: C4, all the way short of a NUKE.

Now that Harry is forced to be in The Tri-wizard Tournament, Harry now must be sean and treated as an Adult and alowed to gain ALL that belongs to him.

What if anything did Dobby's actions have on Harry's fight with The Goblet of Fire?

Harry could have takn and Oath to lose ALL magic untill The Tri-wizard Tournament was over to not have Magic and used Muggle means to protect himself.

Once people find out wgo put his name in The Goblet of Fire, Harry can demand Retribution.

Harry should be Lord Slytherin by conquest, as Harry defeated Tom Marvolo Riddle Jr. a/k/a "Lord Voldemort", by destoring Thomas "Tom" Marvolo Riddle's, Jr. a/k/a "Lord Voldemort's" physical being as a child. Harry needs to cast "Thomas Marvolo Riddle, Jr." out of the Slytherin family foever. If Harry is related to Two or more of The Hogwarts Founder's, Harry owns Hogwarts and can charge a price for holding The Tri-wizard Tournament at Hogwarts that NONE can pay. Who are The Hogwarts Founder's hairs?

Now all Harry has to do is do as little as he wants IE: each Task ALL Harry has to do is wait till the one o two seconds before the Time Limit runs out for each Task and take a step as going to start the Task and alow the Time Limit to RUN OUT.

After this year at Hogwarts, Harry & his True friends should leave the UK and go some other place to finsh their eduaction.
CrovaxTheCursed chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
Your story continues to deliver spectacular quality of plot, development, methodology, and characterization. In fact, I find myself beginning to EXPECT such quality rather than being pleasantly surprised by it when I open your newest chapter. It's not fair to you, I realize, to have such high expectations, but there it is. If you don't want people to demand great things from you, then stop giving us such great things!

In all seriousness though, well done on the last chapter, and God love you for your frequent updates. I'm starting to suspect you have the story already pre-written and are just choosing to release it in weekly chunks. You're becoming THAT consistent.

Many thanks,

- Crovax The Cursed
kissinghollie chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
I loved the fight with the Goblet. Hell, I love the story. Keep it coming. Great Chapter as always.
LifetimePasserby chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
For the grindelows (sp?) challenge I can't wait to see how you alter it. Something about Hermione's reaction to the whole scene always irked me. I always think about being held captive and get this scene in my mind where she stumbles out of the water, hair crackling (and steaming as a result of that electricity)being pissed that

1. The school employees and instructors from other institutions would so recklessly endanger the lives of children in such a manner

2. She didn't take appropriate action and plan for this situation ahead of time so as not to be captured in the first place

and in a perfect world where Ginny does not fulfill Rowling's fantasies HErmione is pissed that...

3. THey honestly underestimated her enough to think she didn't somewhat plan for the eventuality of her kidnapping. (In this scenario she comes string out of the water mumbling about how she can "bloody well save herself")
jbfritz chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
Excellent!
Conu chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
As always this fic is awesome. I loved the fight against the goblet. Excellent concept and superb execution. Kind of makes one wonder just WTF the goblet of fire actually is. (I will assume you have read Partially Kissed Hero!). So is Harry going to declare war on the goblet? Leaving intact an Artifact that can forcibly strip his magic from him doesnt sound too in character? Or steal it, being able to strip someone elses magic remotely is an excellent offensive capability.

And loved the scene with Karkarov.
2,567 | « Prev Page 1 .. 116 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 136 .. Last Next »