Reviews for Brutal Harry
Conu chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
As always this fic is awesome. I loved the fight against the goblet. Excellent concept and superb execution. Kind of makes one wonder just WTF the goblet of fire actually is. (I will assume you have read Partially Kissed Hero!). So is Harry going to declare war on the goblet? Leaving intact an Artifact that can forcibly strip his magic from him doesnt sound too in character? Or steal it, being able to strip someone elses magic remotely is an excellent offensive capability.

And loved the scene with Karkarov.
Higashiyama Sayuri's Devout chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
No "The Art of War" quote this time around.

Wen i read that it was only 3 chapters left of this fic i nearly had a hearth attack... that is until i remember there is a sequel programed.

Love the show.
ed168 chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
Governments may not track individual bank accounts but banks may be required to report suspicious activity in an account, US banks are, so the bank's own auditors will be watching. A half million accumulated in cash within a year is nearly 10,000 cash per week, red flag there. I can't think of any cash income with that much other than drug dealing or illegal gambling.

The only modern bank accounts which will not be watched are in Swiss banks. Due to their privacy/secrecy laws which are also a cornerstone to the Swiss government the account/records can't be touched. Convicted criminals are exceptions and I believe there are restrictions still, ie burden of proof that the account is said criminal's falls on the accuser.

So all Harry needs is to have the gold buyers wire the money to a Swiss account and that's it, instant and practically untraceable.
Sweetdoggie chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
Great job on the latest update. I'm enjoying this story a lot. Sorry to hear about your computer problems, esp. as to what happened with the network you were attempting to access. Ugh. Computers. For all their logic, we are illogical creatures-no wonder we aren't compatible! Anyhow, thanks for sharing your work. Looking forward to the next update.
MikerG chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
This story is simply amazing. I am enjoying tremendously. I really appreciate the dose of reality that inject into it. The laws of physics apply and are, generally, a bitch.

I just love the relationship between Harry and Hermione. She may not entirely understand him, buts she seems to know instinctively what he needs and is very willing to give it to him. She will make him stringer than he ever could be alone. I hope he realizes that. With that in mind, the upcoming second task scares the poop out of me.

Great job!
Laugherboy chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
Good chapter, good read.

Keep it up.
Sorvik chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
Another great chapter! Sucks about the posting problems, but crap happens.

I love this story, it isn't dark/light/grey, it just is.
M.J.L.337 chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
The story is rapidly becoming one of my favorites. It is one of my guilty pleasures and an escape from the stress of work and continually increasing family drama. Keep up the good work and major kudos to your beta.
Hexadecimal666 chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
I adore this story, like few others posted these days. This has been a brilliant fic through now and I eagerly await each chapter, and re-read the previous ones frequently. That you mention a sequel will be the death of me.

I think you've handled wonderfully the abuse and Harry's growth towards some degree of normality, and your focus on the actual physics and mechanics really does add a lot of depth to the story.

Please, keep up the VERY good work.
sprinter1988 chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
Great chapter. Keep them coming!
taxzombie chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
An extremly strong chapter in many ways. The end of the chapter had one of the most touching scenes I've found on FF.

Far and away one of the best stories I've had the pleasure of reading. Many thanks for posting it. I look forward the future chapters.
The Mad Mad Reviewer chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
Your method of defeating the dragon makes me think of Less Wrong's "Methods of Rationality", specifically talking about how brooms fly. I think he called it the Aristotle vs. Newtonian physics. Brooms fly in the direction they are pointed, ignoring the minor and unimportant concept of inertia.

As to the Gold, the important thing that a lot of people fail to understand is just how big the world market is. Spread out over a year, and all over the world, a literal ton of gold is even a literal drop in the bucket.
AlsoKnownAsMatt chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
Another nice chapter. You continue to humanize Harry to some degree while still showing that his fate is far from in his own hands. Hermione's "helping people thing" is in full flood in this chapter and nicely carried off.

Thanks for your efforts, I shall look forward to next Saturday.
redwoodhouse chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
Excellent chapter with the magical fight between Harry and the Goblet. You are right about so many plot holes in the real story. But that makes it so fun for all the fan fiction writers to take advantage of. Writers like you can do such a nice job of changing things around

Keep up the good work
O.o LiviLou o.O chapter 10 . 8/27/2011
Wow. You are bloody brilliant. My family calls me intelligent because i'm 13 and at an early twelfth grade level in my studies but reading this i feel like i need to rethink my whole life. A lot of the stories on this site are trash and i can honestly say this is the one story i will stopp everything i'm doing if i see an update. You made my day. Keep writing!
2,568 | « Prev Page 1 .. 117 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 137 .. Last Next »