Reviews for Brutal Harry
Loiosh311 chapter 5 . 7/21/2011
Love this story and am glad to have found it! Looking forward to more of this!
HellsMaji chapter 5 . 7/21/2011
Well that's just not fair. There should be at least 30 more chapters for me to read, but no, I have to wait on more :(

Lol, great story, hope to read more soon.
HollzHatter chapter 5 . 7/21/2011
very well written story. Your language and dialogue is just beautiful. It's rare even in the main series that there is actual consequences to the abuse that Harry suffered, even if it was just neglect. I enjoy this very much, I hope that there will be Sirius and Remus in the story, the Peter pettigrew getting eaten by the basilisk was poetic justice but I hope that it doesnt impair Sirius' appearance in the story.

Even if he doesnt however, I will definately be reading this. I am looking forward to the next chapter.
loretta537 chapter 5 . 7/20/2011
this is a great story! i cant wait to see what will happen now
shiro-wolfman-k chapter 5 . 7/20/2011
Thank you for such interesting story, I wonder, are you studing Psicology? This story is rather good and you offer good points here.
MobMentality chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
I'm thrilled to see such a great new story come up on the site; they've unfortunately been kind of scarce as of late. I like your Harry, and the fact that although his abuse has made him a more competent wizard in many respects, it has had noticeable drawbacks. I also loved the portrayals of Human! Dumbledore and Competent! Minerva, and the fact that unlike a lot of writers, you are starting to allow for the fact that a different Harry would make for a different course of events occurring around him.

I do have two criticisms. First, Petunia's self-reflection to Minerva, while interesting and informative, portrayed her as almost inhumanly objective in her ability to view her own faults and dispassionately assign blame to herself. I liked your portrayal of Harry's abuse itself, I just find it hard to believe that anyone, let alone someone who is portrayed in canon as completely self-absorbed and shallow as Petunia, could possibly be so objective and humble when criticizing themselves. It isn't something we humans are generally good at. Secondly, I thought that the only part in the series where you've made Harry's growth curve seem silly was with your description of his martial-arts instructor. I've taken martial-arts classes on and off over the years, and almost without exception, my instructors have all been rather nerdy white guys. You've made Harry's instructor into a character straight out of a Bruce Lee movie, and I don't think those kinds of people really exist today, if they ever did. It really shattered my suspension of disbelief to have some super-warrior veteran sensei just happen to be the first person he goes to for instruction in the London suburbs.

Other than that, great story; I hope you keep up this speedy update rate.
Dragonsrose4 chapter 3 . 7/19/2011
Oh HELL YES! McGonagall Rules! I just saw the movie, and saw her going after Snape as well as her reaction after using that transfiguration spell to activate the castle guardians. I can see that Scottish brogue thickening as she gets angrier and angrier. I'm a soccer fan, and that last scene gave me the same feeling I get when my team scores a goal. Great job on the characters.
Andromedanaea chapter 3 . 7/19/2011
Go McGonnalgal!

I've been waiting for her to say all that for years!

Great chapter!
Andromedanaea chapter 2 . 7/19/2011
Great chapter!

But it would help if you would name your chapters so I can tell where I left off, next time I read.
Andromedanaea chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
very good Prologue!

I'll bet the blood wards are preventing Harry's attempts at blood magic
Mr. Omelette chapter 5 . 7/18/2011
can I make a very inappropriate comment?

The scene with Harry and the prefect-bully was awesome! I almost jizzed on my pants! :D

Awesome, update as quickly as you can, please?
Cupitor chapter 5 . 7/18/2011
The story is amazing. I hope to see an update soon
AhumbleHalofan chapter 5 . 7/18/2011
Well I just came across this fic and you sir have a gift. This is excellent. The only thing I have to complain about is the fact of how fast it seems to progress. I agree completly with your way of showing Harry. Nobody thats been through that can come out acting like he does in the books. I've met a few to actually know. Although I'll disagree on the lack of character growth. The characters seem to grow to me although maybe I am simply a bad judge of growth. Anyway I do hope you will update again some time or other. It is a pleasure so far to read this.
Xardoth chapter 5 . 7/18/2011
I really like how you're dealing with the interaction between Harry and the new authority in Hogwarts - as well as the general interaction and plot associated with this changed Harry.

It is interesting to see what kind of changes to the plot, and what kind of new interactions between characters are present, so I hope you have inspiration for more of this work.
Teucrian chapter 5 . 7/17/2011
I quite enjoy reading your story. In particular I like the focus that you've decided to pursue (of realistic reactions to situations). You've done an excellent job of it thus far.
2,158 | « Prev Page 1 .. 119 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 139 .. Last Next »