Reviews for Brutal Harry
L.E chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
Just wow! This is some kind of great prologue you got here! I guess this the first dark!harry / powerful!harry story that I have been properly interested in. Well done! I can't wait to see where this goes!

I found this story by reading a recommendation in a comment to an HPMOR sub-reddit thread.
lightskiller chapter 2 . 5/11/2013
could you please explain to me where harry got the bowie knife?
Guest chapter 2 . 5/11/2013
where did harry get the bowie knife?
MusicInStillMotion chapter 8 . 5/11/2013
I am really enjoying ths story. It is well thought out nad written, with a believebale genisis for its characters. I think that actually writting about harry with a true acount of how an abused child would act makes this one of the better stories I've read on fanfiction. and I just have to say I LOVE uncle George.
Lord Dragon Claw chapter 13 . 5/8/2013
Did you have compulsion charms hidden in the text? I was nearly late for work this morning because I was trying to finish Chapter 11 before I left.

And now I have to read the sequel!

(Only reason as to why I'm complaining: I'm supposed to be working on a fic of my own but I keep getting distracted.)
Maedaa chapter 2 . 5/8/2013
UUum yeah.

So, I kind of loved your idea of making a different Harry, a little less optmist and more real. But after reading prologue and first chapter, I really hate Harry. Maybe in your opinion, to have a bad chilhood tends to make you unsociable, cold and weird (cause he is weird) but I don't think so at all, when you lived a lot of awful thing in your chilhood, you mostly seek for love, warmth, happy moment and all, you don't ultimately shot up to the world at all.
Mostly when you have the chance to see your life change completely by discovering an amazing word , lke the Hogwart is ...
And to make everything about him so dull too, it's almost amasing, The Troll-part amazed me by being so BORING, did Hermione had to be a fearful stunned girl and Harry the only one thinking of doing something ? It kind of got me mad .. LOL

I don't know , maybe I don't feel smart enough today, But I think I will stop for today and maybe comes back ... cause it is a great idea ...
Guest chapter 13 . 5/7/2013
well unique ending. i like it
Lord Dragon Claw chapter 4 . 5/7/2013
In response to the old AN: I too have seen some form of that cycle in Modern Society. While I have no doubt that things were peaceful in Dubai, I can't help but think that they have similar symptoms (if to a much lesser degree) to those of the West.

Part of the reason why I became a Brony - to combat this endless and vicious cycle of hate and pain.
LBII chapter 13 . 5/7/2013
Nice Job! Thank You!
Lilywonders chapter 13 . 5/5/2013
This story is absolutely amazing. I love the detailed account of the whole thing, and the logic behind everything. I completely agree with you about how Harry should be psychologically.
Guest chapter 8 . 5/5/2013
i love uncle George! i find myself yelling his lines and making wild gestures with my arms great fun. you fic is awesome cant wait to finish this one and read the sequel.
cellester chapter 3 . 5/5/2013
fuck yeah McGonagall! about time she laid down the law. love this story!
Guest chapter 10 . 5/4/2013
At this point in time, I feel the need to point out that it is never once mentioned in the Harry Potter books that using magic causes fatigue. Any fatigue or signs of tiredness from wizards after performing spells are due to other factors. As for you're point about energy: Yes it is true that in the real world energy can not be created or destroyed, but for goodness sake it's magic. Who are you to say that there isn't a type of magical energy which can be created and destroyed. It's also extremely precocious of you to say there are flaws in JK Rowling's writings when, in all honesty, you're writing is in no way interesting or compelling. You have a tendency to choose one good idea and then develop it in the most boring way possible. The only reason I've read this far is because I assumed you, like most fanfiction writers, would show improvement in later chapters. You haven't.
Grunty chapter 13 . 5/3/2013
I totally agree: JKR's Harry is completely impossible.
I know a person who had a difficult childhood (not as difficult as THIS Harry's, his abuse was of verbal and mental type).He grew up with an extreme inferiority complex thanks to his self-righteous egoistic now at 24 years of age, he still can't have a normal friendship with anyone. He treats his family like "things" to be 's now an asocial person, prone to extreme anger.

That person, if you haven't guessed yet, is myself.
FreelanceBum chapter 13 . 4/30/2013
Well done. I typically write an indepth review when I finish a story, but I have to sleep. You have kept me up for 3 hours past when I planned to sleep, you horrible person.

So again, I applaud your work.
2,158 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »