Reviews for Brutal Harry
ciel.livide chapter 1 . 6/3/2016
English schools have headteachers, not Principals; no idea what a Superintendent does; and it's the Local Education Authority which had oversight of state schools in the 90s. Oh and it's the Department for Educationnot* Ministry of Education) although prior to 1992 the DfE was the Department for Education and Science. (end of pedantry)
JuceBi chapter 3 . 6/2/2016
Epic! Minerva for the win! I really love this scene. She verbally shreds th into little pieces.
jemuel23euel chapter 10 . 6/1/2016
the hell. this is ridiculous
FicWader chapter 3 . 5/22/2016
Did you have to have Harry go learn the way of sword from mysterious asian man trope? Rly? Now I can just hope it will be bearable going forward.
Duesal Bladesinger chapter 1 . 5/13/2016
Harry, you amateur. A lot of weeds are edible!
Diving in chapter 6 . 5/12/2016
I've been wondering. What about the professor of defence against the dark art?
anand891996 chapter 13 . 5/5/2016
love the story mate... though I am not good at picking flaws in stories, I looked this one a lot. I would also like to say that it is nice to see Christian faith interpreted as it is by you, and hope more Christians (and people of other faiths to) think of their lives and others in the same way
Kikuriki chapter 10 . 5/3/2016
Maybe most people try to roll a die for Harry's dragon and get the freaking horntail. Could you imagine. Just, Luck decreeing "Yeah no. Harry gets the Horntail. Deal with it."
Guest chapter 13 . 5/3/2016
About this chapter: Did Hermione try to protect Harry with her life? All she did was get kidnapped and then run away at first chance.

I liked: Dursleys, it makes sense that Vernon would abuse his wife too. And the rest of that storyline.
Hermione, this is probably the first story where her intelligence is potrayed this positivly. Usually, she is just 'book smart'.
That Harry was not dark, which I expected at first.
And of course I liked the story overall.

What I didn't like was the prison break scene. Your goal was realism and that scene was just ridicilous. Second thing was all the pain pain pain pain pain. It just looks poorly written.
PhoenixGravity chapter 13 . 4/24/2016
I really don't know where to start... The character development with Harry is realistic, as well as with the other characters. I do like your writing style, having read some of your other fictions. Oh, and I do admire, for lack of a better word, the extracts from Art of War by Dun Tzu. Looking for to the sequel!
Barefootedfreedom chapter 13 . 4/22/2016
There are only two things that I can say now that I have read the story in it's entirety, and they are: WOW and that I agree with everything that you said in your last AN. When I first watched Harry Potter, (I was already in my teens at the time) I was shocked that his abuse didn't play a big part in the plot or the development of his character. I was also surprised that Lily Potter didn't play a large role, while James did in a strange way, and that the role she did play was downplayed. Honestly, everyone thought that Harry defeated Voldemort as a baby, while it was actually Lily. They gave vague hints about what she was like and what she did, but there was so much potential for more. As you said, Harry was a pretty poor hero, because the heroes that people want are the ones who overcome their weaknesses and faults and situations. Personally, I think that is because those heroes portray what people want to happen in their own life. (Although, I can't blame J.K. Rowling too much as these are supposed to be children's books)
Your description about love was absolutely beautiful. It is really encouraging to hear from a fellow believer what you believe Christianity is all about-love. In this day and age, it's easy to lose track of that. Thanks you for that!
Montara chapter 13 . 4/17/2016
Your story was interesting to read and you made me curious about the Art of War...have to read that soon!

Thanks for sharing your story!
Dadycoool chapter 13 . 4/14/2016
It's always a relief to find an actual author on this site. So many people here are simply "writers", who might tell a good story. I'm pleased to be able to say "You are a talented Author", especially when you seem to have a better grasp of the real world than 'She' does.
CurseofGladstone chapter 5 . 4/14/2016
only a few chapters in and already one of my favourite storys. good work
Guest chapter 8 . 4/11/2016
Aww, I thought you were basing Uncle George off of the brilliance that is the web comic Girl Genius.
2,633 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »