Reviews for Brutal Harry
tricorvus chapter 13 . 4/3/2014
You are right about how abused kids come out. My husband and I were both abused as children and we are distrustful, and very nearly have people anxiety. i have extreme trouble after all these years, driving or walking a distance, completely alone. Still afraid of attack. It takes time.
Great, great story
Rock on!
tricorvus chapter 11 . 4/3/2014
Bloody Hell I love this story so much! I will be reading (re-reading? I can't remember) the sequel :D
Rock ON!
Guest chapter 5 . 3/28/2014
wait thats it? hermione is "betrayal" is just a letter and him blasting some forest? i do realize that harry is more analytical and while his decision does make sense, this story has also portrayed him as emotionally unbalance, when confronted with a situation that is out of his control he tend to fly of the deep end. it was also stated in the previous chapters that he tended to keep people at arms lenght and had trust issue by this and his emotional inabalance a simple blow shit up quick fix kind of lets me down. sure the letter and reazoning is sound but when you dont count emotions into the mix, once you add those i was expecting harry to now consider every thing he knew upside down.

Hermione the one he showed a bit of trust wound up betraying his confidence and turn mcgonagall towars him, i would think that he with his paranoid mind and distrust would imediatly suspect of foul play or something, which could be resolve in later chapter, really didnt think i would just be all yeah cool let move on not only that he just turns around and hermione just "notices the change of ms granger to hermione " so this whole thing served to bring them closer? i woul think that with all the baggage he had on himself he would be a bit more weary of her from here on out oh well bit of let down good story tough
sjrodgers23 chapter 13 . 3/28/2014
sequel please more of this story please thank you
Q.Q chapter 1 . 3/28/2014
Mention of the excellence that is Jack Vance grants you an automatic max score on the anticipation meter for this story.

Thanks for having written this,

Q.Q
Kamryn chapter 3 . 3/27/2014
WHOA
WHOAAAAA
FUCKING MCGONaGALL
I WANT TO BE HER WHEN I GROW UP JESUS CHRIST
also fuck you Snape you're an interesting character but a shitty person
old-crow chapter 12 . 3/22/2014
Hi,

Every time that I read this very fine story I enjoy it more than the last.

Old-Crow
Ikurus chapter 13 . 3/6/2014
This is an absolutely incredible story.
Thank you for writing and sharing this.
Loki Firefox chapter 3 . 3/5/2014
I was afraid when I first started reading this fic that the title "Brutal Harry" and the summary, which stated that this will be an exercise in trying to write a realistic portrayal of Harry as an abuse survivor, I honestly thought it would be a dark Harry out to exact his revenge on the "evil" world.

You might be wondering why I started reading in the first place when if I was so scared. The thing is, when handled well, a fic of Harry righting wrongs and hell-bent on exacting justice (or revenge) in righteous indignation can be fun (and even funny) if done well so I decided to give it a shot.

So glad I did. Even if the prologue seemed to lean toward my earlier expectations; and I don't think Harry was THAT badly abused in canon but I understand why you went that route. The abuse had to be realistic as well. In canon, especially the first two books, I believe JKR was trying to write in the Roald Dahl-Lemony Snickett style of children's stories which clashes so horribly when starting from book 3 onward, it took on a more grounded, young-adult tone.

I find the parallels to Riddle even more satisfying (Tom, too, was bullied as a child and developed his magic wandlessly, too). It's very clear that Harry could have so easily become the next Riddle but somehow didn't. I think it was when he decided he hated bullies instead of becoming one.

However it's this scene in this chapter with McGonagall that got me to write this review. It's so SATISFYING. Usually in the fics I read, if Minerva is on Harry's side, her righteous indignation is usually of the too-little-too-late variety; and Harry already accumulating enough power to be independent or a mover-and-shaker himself.

Here, Harry is still muddling along (I happen to like how you are pacing his power level and Hermione being pulled out of Hogwarts but NOT going to another country or Beauxbatons or disappearing into the Muggle world is an inspired bit of storytelling...honestly can say it's the first time I've encountered it) so she is suddenly up-front-and-center as one of his allies (whether he knows/likes it or not) and puts herself squarely against Snape. Beauty.

I hope she lives up to her promise here. So pleased that this story is done so I don't have to worry about it being completed.
BloopdeDoop chapter 4 . 3/4/2014
YAY DUMBLEDORE IS GETTING THE BOOT
BlackRevenant chapter 13 . 2/21/2014
Good ending.

I am totally on the fence with the Harmony ship.

Glad Lily is back.

Sucks about the permanent nerve damage though, I wonder how that plays into the next story.

Now off to play Borderlands 2 before I go and read it.

BlackRevenant chapter 12 . 2/21/2014
Holy shit.

Awesome, and terrifying, and powerful!

So much happened in this chapter, so much good and so much bad.

This. THIS is the power of Lily's sacrifice. I knew it wasn't the end of the bloody specter that visited Petunia. Love for her son at the end, but "hate" for the man that forced it all.

And now the bastards a squib.

BlackRevenant chapter 11 . 2/21/2014
Go Gabby!

Set Harry up with your sister! They deserve it!

Also, its disgustingly delicious the way Harry is simply crushing the tournament.

BlackRevenant chapter 10 . 2/21/2014
Ok the scene with the Goblet was probably the most awesome thing I have read in a long long time.

The effects of being bound is strong, and it sucks Harry has to deal. I understand his desire to never be controlled. I myself am that special brand of idiot that will never be forced to do anything.

Guy holding a gun to me and robbing me, better kill me or knock me out to take my wallet cause I'll choose the bullet.

in Harry's case, if he refuses he loses his weapon, his magic. No swordsman gives up his sword arm... in stead they make the bastard pay for forcing choice.

Also, Helacuer! I love Fluer! One of my absolute favorite girls to pair Harry with. I know it wont happen but a man can dream.

BlackRevenant chapter 9 . 2/21/2014
I am so glad I discovered this!

2,334 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »