Reviews for Brutal Harry
Obfuscated chapter 8 . 8/14/2011
For further inspiration for the character of George Granger please review the Girl Genius webcomic.

There shall be SCIENCE!
hordac85 chapter 8 . 8/14/2011
nice!
mogeta5 chapter 8 . 8/14/2011
Hello

I just found your really nice story.

I'm looking forward to where you will lead your leaders.

Your characters are nicely done, just as the storyline.

I'm waiting for the next update.

mogeta
wolf550e chapter 8 . 8/14/2011
"Apologies in advance to anybody in the fields of study mentioned, I mean in my writing "understanding the basic concepts to some degree" with what I mention. I am well aware that these fields of study require prodigious time to even begin to master. I'm writing about getting the basics of at this time, not mastering." - this is not enough. You use words that have real life meaning without understanding. You should not do that. Also, when you insert either crack humor or Girl Genius crossover (I could not decide which) into a relatively serious piece of fiction, you ruin the flow and the suspension of disbelief.

Also, you might want to find a proofreader.
hikarinayoshi chapter 8 . 8/13/2011
m simply excited for the next chapter! because of all your quotes of The Art Of War, i have just put a hold for it in the library! you have inspired me to read it!
AnFan-n-More chapter 8 . 8/13/2011
I've found myself enjoying your story a great deal :) Thank you for sharing it. I really look forward to the next chapter and I'm not looking forward to the break you anticipate between this story and it's sequel. There are more out there that I follow though, so I suppose I will survive.

P.S. I really like Hermione's Uncle. Don't forget in your attempts to isolate and remove flaws in your prose, that interesting characters, and those that draw out the readers emotions and focus are an essential part of a popular story :D (I think you already knew this, but thought I'd mention it)
Patrick Nakasone chapter 8 . 8/13/2011
I think Scrimgeor was used to having the intimidation of his tittle to help himin such situations. Did not work with Harry and he could not deal with it.
Cenright chapter 8 . 8/13/2011
Actually, for Uncle George I was picturing a better looking Maito Gai.
AlastorGodofVengeance chapter 8 . 8/13/2011
Freaking awesome story so far! I love the way you are taking this story in every aspect especially in the more realistic aspect of Harry slowly becoming more social and accepting of help, especially from Hermione, while still keeping with spirit that he is more than willing to do things that are necessary to get job done. The only mistake that I caught was Harry finding the lead box in third year instead of first, and consider it is the summer before third year it does come off as a little strange. I am kinda curious as to what Harry's interactions with Lockhart were like given their very conflicting personalities, although I'm not complaining about the lack of mention either given that he was a pathetic character and would contribute nothing useful at all to the current changed storyline. Regardless I am definitely looking forward to more. Keep up the good work! Update soon!
dogsby chapter 8 . 8/13/2011
I've decided to drop this Story. Thanks again for sharing.
Wonderbee31 chapter 8 . 8/13/2011
As far as George Granger went, I almost expected him to be based on some Girl Genius character, so thanks for clarifying at the end, as he was hilarious in his way. Will be looking forward to what happens next time with Harry who seems to have become completely fed up with the incompetence on display, even as at least Minerva seems to be trying to continue to work with him and is doing so well imo, and Hermione continues to break through his wall a bit more, and will hope that nothing happens to her at school when she comes there.
Beezlebubbles chapter 8 . 8/13/2011
George Granger was probably the only Granger I ever liked.
Luiz4200 chapter 8 . 8/13/2011
Why did Sirius have to renounce his title?
Artur Hawkwing1 chapter 8 . 8/13/2011
Love this story, love it, love it, love it. Keep it up.
Light Lord Cybergate chapter 8 . 8/13/2011
Does George Granger have any relationship with Gai Maito?

Just wondering...all 'm missing is the flames of youth part and he would be perfect.
2,490 | « Prev Page 1 .. 122 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 142 .. Last Next »