Reviews for Brutal Harry
Guest chapter 9 . 8/21/2011
looking forward to next chapter altho the way you do the yule ball if your doing it could make or break this story for me
Sammy Holzbein chapter 9 . 8/21/2011
Well, that's what I thought Harry would do with the stone. From his viewpoint, it's the most sensible use of an incredibly powerful resource. The question is how it will affect the story. Many writers make the mistake of letting the protagonist get too overpowered. How are you going to avoid making it possible for Harry to curbstomp Voldemort and anyone he doesn't like? I'm looking forward to it.
george17 chapter 9 . 8/21/2011
Excellent story so far! Hopefully the sequel you mention will be post canon. I love what you've done with Harry and the other key characters but have a hard time seeing them follow the full seven books of canon without it being overly contrived. Given what they've already discovered and what would seem their natural direction it is hard to imagine them having that much trouble with Voldemort down the line especially when you have Sirius in the States and able to drum up volunteers along with Dumbledore being much more active and focused. Not saying he wouldn't be dangerous just hard to imagine another three books even remotely like canon!
Lord Cartwright chapter 9 . 8/21/2011
cool can't wait for more updates
george17 chapter 4 . 8/21/2011
"Then they get hurt again, and tuck another part of themselves away."

Either that or they quite simply learn from it, get over it and continue on with their lives. Not everyone has to talk about something that has hurt them in order to recover from it. Some people do and some people don't. The idea that everyone is the same or handles things the same is especially prevalent in western society. It's a vicious cycle, one most people aren't consciously aware of. Everyone talks to each other about their problems again and again and again. Then nothing gets done.

Anyway, my point was that your author's note was a little overly dramatic if not simplistic and bordered on religious belief in the miracle of therapy.
Strike chapter 9 . 8/21/2011
Still one of the best story on this site.

Comment: The situation with Malfoy Junior should be interesting to follow.

Harry's mindset is heavily influenced by Sun Tzu, considering the many quotes of the Art of War that we can see in this fic, in that sense an alliance or more realistically a trust could be achieved with Draco.

Sun Tzu place the capture of an armed force before the destruction of it in the hierarchy of success achievable by a general; it made sense if we remember the context that surround the book, the wars wagged at the time of his apparition where in China, between Chinese and essentially concerned territory or resources, it was more advantageous to bolster his might for a lord to capture rather than eliminate his adversaries of the day, they that could be his subjects tomorrow.

Ps: I loved the interaction between Fleur and her Gabrielle.

PPS: I always wished that someone could do a story where Harry, if he is in position to do so and has the mindset required, used the Stone: seriously, disregard an asset like that ? That's just crazy.
george17 chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
Pretty cool except it isn't clear at all in here as to why Harry would possibly keep quiet about Vernon once he was in the hospital. You're not portraying him as some emo victim who thinks it is all his fault. On the contrary he seems like he would be perfectly happy to burn Vernon. Not saying you don't have reasons in your own head for the behavior, just that it wasn't included in the story and so his behavior there seems very out of character for how you had been portraying him.
Ratus chapter 4 . 8/21/2011
I found this story tonight, and I must say I see Harry like I have a few other people that were abused as a youth, cold and calculating with very little trust for others. The only nitpick I have with this chapter is at the very end where Harry and Minerva are walking to go outside and she states his age as 11, since this is second year he should be 12 now. Other than that I look forward to see what you do with this story and I wonder if there will ever be enough trust in others for Harry to have a love interest in anyone.
Cassandra30 chapter 9 . 8/21/2011
Most excellent!
Therio chapter 9 . 8/21/2011
I am really enjoying this story. While I prefer my stories to be Harry centric, I did find the anecdote about George Granger quite amusing.
pfeil chapter 9 . 8/20/2011
Why would he let anyone other than Hermione do that? and especially not Luna of all people...
Zamia chapter 9 . 8/20/2011
Enjoyed Harry's threat/promise to Lucius. If anyone can shock Harry it would be Luna. Good read. Cheers.

Z
Hericus C chapter 9 . 8/20/2011
Still remains very interesting but I do have a couple of questions. Sirius immigrated to the US and since then has ignored his godson? Is he is contact with anyone [Remus]? Who received the title Lord Black and why were they not informed?
001collective chapter 9 . 8/20/2011
Fantastic chapter, but you said there are only a few more chapters? I certainly hope you write a sequel, then.
witowsmp chapter 9 . 8/20/2011
I look forward to Harry figuring out how to make Elixer of Life, and wonder if that would destroy the Horcrux in his head.

It seemed a bit odd to me that Lupin's teaching Potions, since he specifically stated in PoA that he's not that good at the subject, which is why Snape brewed the Wolfsbane for him.

I wish Harry had disarmed Lucius and his bodyguards to demonstrate their helplessness before walking off.

I love how Hogwarts has become a school rather than a front for the Order of the Phoenix, as Dumbledore had made it.

I wonder how all the various things you mentioned will factor into this story, so I look forward to the next chapter.
2,583 | « Prev Page 1 .. 122 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 142 .. Last Next »