Reviews for Brutal Harry
peruser chapter 4 . 7/9/2011
McGonagal is giving Harry respect. I can tell that she will never speak dismissively, like an adult to achild that knows nothing or someone who thinks that they are superior, to him again. After all that Harry has been through, having an adult give him fair treatment would be a beneficial act.
peruser chapter 3 . 7/9/2011
What is it that the Marines say...HOOO-RAHH! ALRIGHT McGONAGAL! She was absolutely brilliant when she was laying down the law. She admitted and accepted her own wrong doing and she called Dumbledore and Snape on theirs! And she didn't let either one (I loved Snape's gag!) talk their way out of it! I bet she would get most of the teachers or students to walk out with her!
Aengus chapter 3 . 7/7/2011
Fan-f**king-tastic story.

There are so few time when I have been so emotionally invested in a story from so short a start that I find myself unable to not review.

Absolutely great characterization of everyone involved, including the correct response to the child abuse, the confrontation between McGonagall and Snape. You have great grammar structure and diction, so well that I thought that I was reading a published novel.

I cannot wait for the next chapter.
Paul chapter 3 . 7/7/2011
I have read several stories that have this same idea, with Harry becoming cold and caculating due to abuse. This is by far the best one of them all. It is very well writen and the character interactions are believable. Plus someone finally told dumbles off. I do hope that you continue to include Hermione in the story in any way.
Graypdrink chapter 3 . 7/7/2011
*Gurgles and foams at the mouth*

God I've never wanted an update more in my life, this story is the best !

Greatly written, awesome story line so far, love the characters, though Hermione sure knows how to get info easy.
Graypdrink chapter 2 . 7/7/2011
lov it!
Guyver Unit 1 chapter 3 . 7/7/2011
Pretty good so far. I sincerely hope you update soon.
dogsby chapter 3 . 7/7/2011
I'm enjoying the Story, so far. Looking forward to reading more. Thank you, for sharing!
Darksider chapter 3 . 7/7/2011
Excellent work.

I'll be honest, i wasn't expecting to see the smart!harry angle make an appearance in a fic called Brutal Harry but your reasoning is sound and the characterizations solid. It's turning out to be even better than I had hoped.

Cant wait for the continuation...

thanks for writing.
St. Fyrecat chapter 3 . 7/7/2011
Great story so far. I really enjoy the realism. It's great to see a harry who behaves like an abused child, and a McGonagall behaving as a professional educator.

I can't wait for the rest of the story to be posted!

By the way, "Innocent until proven guilty" is an American invention, specifically designed as the opposite of the British system wherein the accused must prove their innocence. The obvious logical error being that it is impossible to prove a negative.

For example; prove that you did NOT kill and eat an infant, then cleverly destroy and dispose of the bones.

You cannot. There is no evidence either way, but under the British system (especially a medieval one the wizarding world uses) the mere accusation from a "reliable" or "respectable" source (such as a member of the Aristocracy) was seen as sufficient to get you locked away, or even executed!
Shadewolfy chapter 3 . 7/6/2011
I quite like your representation of Harry. He reminds me alot of a Vulcan. I did always find it impossible that an abused child could and would change that fast (And I do believe canonHarry is abused is Vernon's "beat/stamp it out of him." is to be believed and Harry being a natural Magical Child there would be alot of "It")
buzzbumble chapter 3 . 7/6/2011
I wonder if ron will be stupid enough to do something against harry?
125b chapter 3 . 7/6/2011
when i read this chapter, and saw Mcgonagall act like the woman the books should have had her as instead of the yes woman that only showed her steel to dumbledore approved enemies i just basked in it for several minutes. That was probably the most satisfying conversation i have ever seen in harry potter fanfiction and i have read many. That was in every way a brilliant portrayal of the woman Mcgonagall should be and has to be to protect hogwarts. Brilliant i salute you!
chinchilla chapter 3 . 7/6/2011
wOW. i like your explanation at the end of this chapter about using the word brutal in the title. this story is very riveting. a great story with the potential to explore many areas of the harry potter world without getting too close. you keep a nice balance between explanations and emotions. please keep on writing. may inspiration lead you to create epic stories.
sin.nighthawk chapter 3 . 7/5/2011
loving the story cant wait for more
2,158 | « Prev Page 1 .. 128 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 .. Last Next »