Reviews for Brutal Harry
shankstar89 chapter 6 . 7/25/2011
great story please update soon
Kitty Burglar chapter 6 . 7/25/2011
A fantastic story. I can't wait to hear what will happen next! How Harry has suffered from all the abuse is interesting. Will he eventually connect with other people (besides Hermione)? Will Luna reappear?
Matholwch chapter 6 . 7/25/2011
This is an emotionally wrenching story. That said, it's also a quite good read. Thanks for the hard work.

Caelleh chapter 6 . 7/25/2011
This story is well thought out and rather realistic. You've done a really good job.
Kyae chapter 6 . 7/25/2011
Such a breathtaking story - the way you portray the emotions and developing relationships is absolutely amazing :)

Luiz4200 chapter 6 . 7/25/2011
I hope Amelia Bones helps.
Loatroll chapter 5 . 7/25/2011
Great chapter, great story.

The idea behind the story is something I've wanted to see written well for some time, I've always found Harry's behaviour in regards to the abuse heaped upon him odd, while I am in no way an expert, the idea of him being so.. untouched by it seems wrong.

In any case, thanks for the great read, next up is definitively reading the next chapter.
Nefra chapter 6 . 7/25/2011
I'm not sure I can say that I like this story - as the title indicates, it's brutal and I find myself somewhat hypnotized by the shock of it. But as you're planning it towards overcoming the abuse Harry has suffered from, I want to keep reading until he does get better.

AN: *hugs*
wolf550e chapter 4 . 7/25/2011
You have en editing mishap. Hermione once told McGonagall about Sirius Black not receiving a trial and the Dursley's address in a letter and once again in person, as if the letter never existed.
The Dain chapter 6 . 7/25/2011
An emotional chapter. Nice :)
negligibleSanity chapter 6 . 7/25/2011
Excellent story. You've definitely achieved a high level of realism in this, and you've written your characterisation beautifully. I look forward to further chapters.
SalemTheSpeakerOfTruth chapter 3 . 7/25/2011
'Ol Minnie starts spoutin' gibberish when she's angry. :P
Cassandra30 chapter 6 . 7/24/2011
Oh heavens! I am sorry! This chapter was well done and very evocative so you succeeded.
Cosmos chapter 6 . 7/24/2011
I'm liking your fic, how Harry is very objective and brutal in his description of the world. It fits with the utilitarian personality you're giving to him. I also like how Hermione is working her little plan to help Harry heal by making him less formal and accepting of her.

Another thing: "...the door was opened by one Hermione Granger, age thirteen, three inches taller than Harry, recent inductee into puberty, and possessor of a nigh-infinitely larger desire and capacity for physical affection than Harry."

Initially, I didn't understand what you meant by "recent inductee into puberty" until I realized I had to translate from Harry's utilitarian language to regular parlance and I figured that Harry noticed that Hermione was developing breasts. That interests me because I want to see how you'll deal with Harry's sexuality. No matter how he tries to be practical and utilitarian his body will mature and sexual desire, even if only physical, will appear. I'm curious to see how you'll develop this aspect of his life.

Luiz4200 chapter 3 . 7/24/2011
I'm starting to have hopes for Sirius Black.
2,377 | « Prev Page 1 .. 128 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 148 .. Last Next »