Reviews for Brutal Harry
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 4/13
I do find your Harry's behavior far more realistic, given the level of abuse.

I hated canon Snape, despite the fact that some folks seem intent on making him a good guy. If possible, I hate your incarnation of him even more, based on his little "altercation" with Minerva. It was good to see her behave with appropriate anger in this case. I hope she keeps her promises to BOTH Snape and Albus. I also hope she doesn't suffer from a mysterious Obliviation of her memories. It wouldn't surprise me. Perhaps she should save copies of her memories ... just in case.
missgsmith51 chapter 2 . 4/13
Interesting that the Sorcerer's Stone didn't seem to be a factor in your Harry's first year. Neither did Harry have any encounters with Quirrell. Or was he able to get the stone, since the Trio weren't bugging him all year?

Interesting that Susan, Neville, Lily Moon, and Tracy are the only first-year students whose spells Harry can't remove. Neville isn't usually considered a strong Wizard, so I am surprised to find him in that company.

I wonder how Malfoy explained away his broken wand.
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 4/13
This first chapter was incredibly difficult to read. As a retired teacher I have seen many abused kids come through my doors over the years, and your descriptions of brutality were all too realistic. I suppose what surprises me in Harry's case was simply his determination to survive, magical or not.

I can't help wondering where Mrs. Figg was when this battering was taking place. Is she so completely clueless that she missed the abuse, or did she give warnings that were simply ignored by Dumbledore? If the latter is true, in Harry's place I would be seeking some serious revenge if I ever found out. The laid-off kitchen worker who noticed Harry eating from the dumpster is certainly a suspicious circumstance, as it had the dual effect of increasing the abuse and keeping it hidden from anyone who might help. This screams interference from Dumbledore, to me.
RavenAmeraDreams chapter 13 . 4/13
Wow. Utterly amazing work. I appreciate youe realistic depiction of the affects on Harry from his abuse. Bravo. I had so much else to say but this last chapter blew me away to the point I forgot a great deal of it. My apologies. Now to read your sequel!
charlotteredmond99 chapter 13 . 3/21
Awesome story :-D
Rotmg chapter 13 . 3/19
Only Harry/Hermione fic I'll ever like.
chibichanga chapter 10 . 3/19
Wow! This is a wonderfully, compelling story! Bravo! And I'm glad Ron is completely unimportant in this!
EvilMagician chapter 13 . 3/13
Well I can say that was about the most original fic I've ever read. Halfway through I wasn't even sure I liked it and now I can't wait to go read the sequel.

Way to make canon your bitch!
EvilMagician chapter 3 . 3/11
I just started reading this story, during the second chapter I also wondered about the lack of interaction between characters but wrote it off since I'm now hooked.

Great writing so far, I think this chapter had the first easily missed errors in it so far. That's saying something with the length of chapters being what they are.
Zeikos chapter 2 . 3/3
I don't see the point on harry retriving the box from the maze. I mean he must be smart enought to understand that the maze had a purpose. He didn't even know what he took. It seems just a thing throwed in the story with no logic backing harry's behaviour. i guess in the next chapters it will have a purpose , but the logic is a bit shaky
DragonShadowQueen chapter 3 . 2/27
I love how you quote sun Tuz art of war. I am in the middle of reading it and can tell how you are tying it into the story. Keep up the good work.
bpvreader chapter 13 . 2/21
Thanks for the tale wish you mentioned that due to harry holding the stone to HG heart he was also healed in a sharing of the power of the stone through the sharing of their love. So I am going to pretend that is what you wrote, as the hero should / deserves a happy ending.
AnnaOxford chapter 1 . 2/18
Excited to see the more realistic, damaged Harry.
MoltenCheese chapter 13 . 2/18
Great Story! I loved this story. You made great character development! It was awesome. Thank you for posting this! :D
Powerful stuff.