Reviews for Brutal Harry
Therio chapter 2 . 6/25/2011
Good chapter. I was confused by one part though. You wrote "and the fact that Harry did not speak of the encounter seemed to only give him an even greater appearence of strength to the other first years". Are you referring to Harry or Malfoy getting the greater appearence of strength?
Sammy Holzbein chapter 2 . 6/25/2011
Well, that Harry is shaping up to be an intellectual powerhouse - in my opinion one of the most dangerous types. If he's got the time, he can outsmart everyone. Coupled with his hightened awareness and experience, he can quell many conflicts before they even begin, case-in-point Draco Malfoy.

Good chapter. I liked it.
Tutenstein chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
The way you describe Harry being abused is very unrealistic. I know you're trying to make Harry similar to Tom Riddle but that doesn't mean you've got to make it seem like he was treated like a prisoner of the concentration camps. The Dursley's don't feed him for a week? That's very hard to believe. He would've died easily like that, wizard or not. I can believe them not feeding him for 2days at the max. as a sort of a punishment to keep him in line but above that, even they're not that cruel and, if a person beats up a little kid like you've described, they would hardly survive from such an ordeal.
CCCRRR chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
Hi

that's a pretty dark story you are writing. And it has produced a very accurate image of a possibly vengeful child. I would love to see Vernon suitably punished. Keep it up.
pfeil chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
Good to see someone finally going scientific method on their accidental magic.

I look forward to seeing him at Hogwarts - he'll be plenty busy keeping Ron and Draco away from Hermione.
Therio chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Good start to the story. Looking forward to seeing where you go with it.
Suspect42 chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
I felt the abuse was a little over the top but its not a big deal because Harry will not exactly be effected by it now.

You did excellent on Harry's limitations. He tried to discover things through science and recreating an event with 'logic' till he figured out it may be magic fueled by emotion. The different forms of magic he experimented with were logical as well, teleportation to escape, a shielding to protect the body, and of course a means of preparing magical defense in advance.

Harry finally figuring out how the defense worked but being screwed kind of with because it takes up a good portion of his power. He was limited enough that it set him back in his ability to Port and work with his blood magic.

Now it would be cool if Harry learns more about Runes and Blood magic eventually but then makes sure to turn back to his original idea as a extra means of protection. If he solved the missing link between his language/runes he created and Ancient Runes taught then he could have a form of magic only he is efficient in. I am sure people would easily decipher a 'students' rune work if its standard, a entirely different language would give pause.
DarkHeart81 chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Great start to this! I'd say it's safe to assume that Vernon either fled the country or is enjoying some cozy accommodations in a jail somewhere. I can't wait to see what happens next!

Jack Vance... I loved Tales of a Dying Earth but reading the book... Ugh... It should come with painkillers for the headache it causes. His writing stile is very...heavy... lol
Sammy Holzbein chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Fascinating, though disturbing. A boy driven like that could achieve the world. On the other hand, snapping and turning reclusive or becoming an overly righteous avenger is a real possibility too. Interesting concept.
jaythekoala chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Fantastic start. Keep writing.
swellrabbit chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Very interesting start. Will this be a dark Harry story or just one where he won't be passive? I hope you update soon.
Evanscope chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
oh, great start!, it looks very interesting and is just the first chapter, im looking forward to the next chapter, keep it up
Mr. Skellington chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Very interesting, eager to see where this goes.
evilqueen06 chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
this is good. i'm interested in seeing which house harry is sorted into.
Ultimate Kaiosama chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Good story. I love the concept and can't wait for it to be updated. Please update soon!
3,048 | « Prev Page 1 .. 193 200 201 202 203 204 Next »