Reviews for Brutal Harry
Sillent chapter 4 . 6/17/2013
This old author's note was something.

At first I was calling bullShiite, but then I thought 'I don't know how everybody else in the world is doing privately, I don't know anything about psychology other than what i've gathered in passing, and I certainly don't care enough about either to go and look into it.'

Makes me think and remember the universal truths I came up with.

It is...amusing.
Sakhr al-Jinni chapter 13 . 6/9/2013
You're right about Harry's non-existent mental disorders, or even any trauma. And about his lack of any motivation. If I went to Hogwarts, I'd spend ages in the library. Most of the time whenever they're complaining about anything, ten minutes of reading would solve the problem.
Sakhr al-Jinni chapter 12 . 6/9/2013
It sounds a bit like Hermione was raped. The psychology in this story is very interesting.
Sakhr al-Jinni chapter 10 . 6/9/2013
And a happy side effect: he'll never run out of shiny knick-knacks. Although it could get a bit tasteless after a while, I suppose.
Sakhr al-Jinni chapter 8 . 6/9/2013
It seems to me that, perhaps through a combination of his shield and Vernon's abuse, the utilitarian mindset Harry displays could stem from some kind of minor mental disorder. This disorder might not have been detected by Madam Pomfrey because, frankly, I doubt that the Wizarding World has any concept of mental diseases or conditions.
Sakhr al-Jinni chapter 7 . 6/9/2013
I can understand the author's note. Most of PoA has already been covered.
Sakhr al-Jinni chapter 4 . 6/8/2013
Partial Dumbledore-Bashing here. At least he's intelligent enough to realise it.
Sakhr al-Jinni chapter 3 . 6/8/2013
The McGonagall vs Snape/Dumbledore thing was interesting. I believe that it was Terry Pratchett who said that an army was run by its sergeants?
Sakhr al-Jinni chapter 2 . 6/8/2013
I like the psychology of it. Very clever.
Sakhr al-Jinni chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
I like this. It sounds interesting.
WhiteElfElder chapter 13 . 6/7/2013
The surprise was the return of Lily, but that should help Harry to recover from some of the abuse as times goes along.
171873124giarc chapter 5 . 6/5/2013
4th Chapter, excellent characterization so far, and an interesting style of writing. Concise, but not exceedingly so.
171873124giarc chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
Just finished the first chapter. Best of the best. Props for Wheel of Time reference.

Craig
Newtinmpls chapter 13 . 6/4/2013
I think this is one of the best stories I have ever read. It really really works for me.
juggernaut715 chapter 9 . 6/2/2013
The moment I saw "Uncle George"

"FUCK YES! MORE UNCLE GEORGE! SCIENCE! WOO!"

Yeah, this is awesome.