Reviews for Brutal Harry
gokuhikaru82 chapter 13 . 4/21/2015
I really enjoyed your well written story and looking forward to reading more of your work. Thank you for sharing.
nkh1 chapter 13 . 4/17/2015
Very nice
missgsmith51 chapter 12 . 4/14/2015
Powerful! This was an amazing (if incredibly violent) battle scene. Those Avada Kedavras are such a sanitary, bloodless way to kill someone. It's fitting, I think, that so many of the Pureblood idiots died bloody, "Muggle" deaths.

I loved the appearance of Lily to take down Voldemort and stripping him of his magic. He should have known that violating his oath would bring those consequences. Did he think he could cheat Magic?

So ... Was the stone itself absorbed into Hermione's heart? If so, will she live forever?

For what it's worth, I agree about friendship and romance. I'm always curious about claims of "love at first sight." How is it possible to truly LOVE (in the deepest sense) someone you don't even know? Attraction, infatuation, desire, lust ... all can occur at first sight. Love, however, requires truly knowing and understanding the person one loves, and that takes time. Many will disagree, I suppose, but that has been my experience.
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 4/14/2015
I like the way these two "Mr. Wizard" kids operate! As to skipping year three ... Harry already knows the truth about all parties involved and has Sirius out of Azkaban, which was more or less the point of PoA anyway.

Perhaps Sirius should seek political asylum elsewhere - Italy or France, or maybe even Black Island - and Harry should follow him. Then let the whole Wizarding world know about the corruption in the Ministry.
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 4/13/2015
Harry's response to the whole "end of term" business with the mandrakes is exactly what mine was when I read CoS. Colin and Justin effectively lost most of that year lying petrified in the infirmary. Why did Dumbledore feel that this was acceptable when mature mandrake could be purchased and the potion quickly brewed? I will never understand this. Of course, I am also curious that Pomona just happened to get her hands on mandrakes the very year that a Basilisk was about to be loosed upon the school. It seems like rather a BIG coincidence, to me!
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 4/13/2015
I do find your Harry's behavior far more realistic, given the level of abuse.

I hated canon Snape, despite the fact that some folks seem intent on making him a good guy. If possible, I hate your incarnation of him even more, based on his little "altercation" with Minerva. It was good to see her behave with appropriate anger in this case. I hope she keeps her promises to BOTH Snape and Albus. I also hope she doesn't suffer from a mysterious Obliviation of her memories. It wouldn't surprise me. Perhaps she should save copies of her memories ... just in case.
missgsmith51 chapter 2 . 4/13/2015
Interesting that the Sorcerer's Stone didn't seem to be a factor in your Harry's first year. Neither did Harry have any encounters with Quirrell. Or was he able to get the stone, since the Trio weren't bugging him all year?

Interesting that Susan, Neville, Lily Moon, and Tracy are the only first-year students whose spells Harry can't remove. Neville isn't usually considered a strong Wizard, so I am surprised to find him in that company.

I wonder how Malfoy explained away his broken wand.
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 4/13/2015
This first chapter was incredibly difficult to read. As a retired teacher I have seen many abused kids come through my doors over the years, and your descriptions of brutality were all too realistic. I suppose what surprises me in Harry's case was simply his determination to survive, magical or not.

I can't help wondering where Mrs. Figg was when this battering was taking place. Is she so completely clueless that she missed the abuse, or did she give warnings that were simply ignored by Dumbledore? If the latter is true, in Harry's place I would be seeking some serious revenge if I ever found out. The laid-off kitchen worker who noticed Harry eating from the dumpster is certainly a suspicious circumstance, as it had the dual effect of increasing the abuse and keeping it hidden from anyone who might help. This screams interference from Dumbledore, to me.
RavenAmeraDreams chapter 13 . 4/13/2015
Wow. Utterly amazing work. I appreciate youe realistic depiction of the affects on Harry from his abuse. Bravo. I had so much else to say but this last chapter blew me away to the point I forgot a great deal of it. My apologies. Now to read your sequel!
charlotteredmond99 chapter 13 . 3/21/2015
Awesome story :-D
OJKing chapter 13 . 3/19/2015
Only Harry/Hermione fic I'll ever like.
chibichanga chapter 10 . 3/19/2015
Wow! This is a wonderfully, compelling story! Bravo! And I'm glad Ron is completely unimportant in this!
EvilMagician chapter 13 . 3/13/2015
Well I can say that was about the most original fic I've ever read. Halfway through I wasn't even sure I liked it and now I can't wait to go read the sequel.

Way to make canon your bitch!
EvilMagician chapter 3 . 3/11/2015
I just started reading this story, during the second chapter I also wondered about the lack of interaction between characters but wrote it off since I'm now hooked.

Great writing so far, I think this chapter had the first easily missed errors in it so far. That's saying something with the length of chapters being what they are.
Zeikos chapter 2 . 3/3/2015
I don't see the point on harry retriving the box from the maze. I mean he must be smart enought to understand that the maze had a purpose. He didn't even know what he took. It seems just a thing throwed in the story with no logic backing harry's behaviour. i guess in the next chapters it will have a purpose , but the logic is a bit shaky
2,622 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 .. Last Next »