Reviews for Brutal Harry
haust22 chapter 13 . 8/20
That...was very interesting to read. Additionally it avoided one of the major pitfalls of a utilitarian Harry in that often times someone writes that, he's shown as having no real emotion, not just failing to understand it, and often feels flat as a character, you very neatly avoided that pitfall with not just showing him struggling and often fleeing from what he was feeling, but often having him completely break down when overwhelmed. Even more so I enjoyed the snippets of Sun Tzu and the last one of Corinthians to reflect his overall mindset geared towards survival, freedom through victory and mobility. I think it also reflected a rather realistic progression on human growth and a rather accurate picture of the human condition far more often than it did not, no one was forced to be a caricature(often times Dumbledore is forced in this role) and that is something that is difficult to do overall (so well done for that) even Vernon Dursleys behavior is something that you do see from time to time, but Petunias redemption so to speak, McGonagall actually learning from her mistakes, and Dumbledore being just a man who is stretched far too thin, Hermiones parents actually behaving as parents and withdrawing her from school, all of it incredibly well written and largely what I would expect from people I meet in reality. So very well done overall portraying something rather realistic in a completely fantasy setting. I look forward to seeing what you do next
automaton14 chapter 13 . 8/18
Absolutely fantastic story.
AvianFowl chapter 13 . 8/14
Loved the story and the idea behind it.
It was realistic, gritty and a great read overall
Definitely top 3 overall in HP Fanfiction
7019289 chapter 13 . 8/9
Could you please tell us the whole story about your roommate and the coyote?
Cryana chapter 13 . 7/29
God. This was one of the more darker things I've read, an y. Your writing style fits the plot very well, and the entire experience Harry went through was beyond painstaking and agonizing. Kudos to you!
Weasleys chapter 4 . 7/25
Are all the weasleys supposed to read as barely literate?
Thank goodness Vernon was arrested and jailed (?) for what he did - he's truly horrible. I'm really interested to see where this goes!
so perfect it hurts chapter 13 . 7/23
Thank you for a particularly enjoyable read. I agree with your AN at the end and appreciate the effort you went to to write a well thought out and believable story.
- SPIH
Bearmauls chapter 3 . 7/12
Been. While since I first read this story. I want you to know that McGonnagal's rant here might be one of favourite scenes in all of HP FanFiction. Thanks for sharing it :)
observentuser chapter 13 . 7/3
That has to be one of the most powerful stories I have read. Got me close to tears on more than one occasion. I wish I knew the words to show you the appreciation that I feel for having read your story, but I find that the words escape me.

Thank you.
embrewing chapter 4 . 6/27
i have to agree with you're description on what happens to abused people, my dad was kicked out of the house at 9 went through a lot of crazy things and ended up rekindling his relationship with my grandmother way later in is life.
SaiyaCat chapter 5 . 6/20
Epic
ExBlazE chapter 12 . 6/13
I could barely go through 3/4 of this chapter. For some reason, I just don't like this chapter. I just stopped reading at the multiple 'Pain' part, scrolled down to type this (so not a rant) and am going to silently post it and leave this page.

Well, the fanfic was fun so far. The last chapter before the epilogue - not so much. Maybe it's just me. Whatever, thanks for the entertainment so far.
ExBlazE chapter 10 . 6/13
The quote from the Art of War in Chapter 9 (10) was very nice. And lol, disposing of the dragon was utterly comedic to me. If you'd shown the spectator reactions, it would've been even more entertaining.

But I guess the story has its own tune to play so I'll just leave it at that.
ExBlazE chapter 8 . 6/13
This chapter was... in a way, fun. It's almost like it was written by a completely different author.
2,620 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »