Reviews for Brutal Harry
AnnaOxford chapter 1 . 2/18
Excited to see the more realistic, damaged Harry.
MoltenCheese chapter 13 . 2/18
Great Story! I loved this story. You made great character development! It was awesome. Thank you for posting this! :D
Powerful stuff.
I'm loving this already.
furface294 chapter 13 . 2/9
Too many Authors notes, very distracting but the story was not that bad
furface294 chapter 8 . 2/9
WHAT is it with damm near every story seeming to require the teaching of Animagi skills to Harry? Am I mistaken or not that there is no mention of him being taught that in the books, or even of him asking to be taught that, I KNOW AU STORY, but why does it seem that everyone has the need to give Harry this skill? OH BTW good story, the rant has been building up for many months, sorry that your story got it ( apologetic smile on my face )
InvisiBelle chapter 4 . 2/8
"I am not a banana!"
How in the world could you have possibly known that fact? I never figured it out for ages, you must be some kind of genius!
Besides that, I agree with Sun Tzu on this, especially since he specifically said "leader" not "highest ranked person" because it's the group-appointed leader that would have the most authority over that group (unless they would be punished), not the highest-ranking, though they can go hand in hand.
As usual, your fic has riveted me into reading this WAY into the night, past what is healthy. Love it!
InvisiBelle chapter 3 . 2/8
I am satisfied and happy with your explanation. Thank you for writing, the quality is extremely high, as usual, in every scoring category I can think of. As of now, I am also interested as to how Harry and Hermione become a couple and what issues they will face. In other words, love it!
Toodles and Cloud Beds, -invisiBelle
InvisiBelle chapter 2 . 2/8
In response to Sun Tzu, not all warfare is based upon deception, just the good warfare. For example, Voldemort was smart in not simply taking over the ministry physically, instead seeding uncertainty. Those were very smart tactics. Bad warfare is, for example, just straight out fighting. It weakens one, emotionally, physically, and generally decreases numbers drastically.
In response to the fic, I am, if at all possible, enjoying reading and am more impressed with this chapter than the prologue. All of the previous compliments DEFINITELY still apply. You needn't worry about your grammar. It's perfect.
Toodles and Chocolate, -InvisiBelle
invisiBelle chapter 1 . 2/8
Sun Tzu creates a good point, however, too much war will inevitably weaken the State, and as such, should be practiced with caution.
Now, on to the ego-boost (for you):
Wonderful, logical character development, and I do agree. Rowling, though an extremely talented author she is, entirely glossed over Harry's abuse, emotionally, mentally, and physically. She did that with the puberty as well, but that is a different subject.
As for in-character-ness, this interpretation frankly makes more sense than Rowling's, and as such, is accurate in its own right.
Beautiful details, I was completely wrapped within the chapter from start to finish.
The grammar was extremely high-level, as well, and, as far as I can tell, (though I am no linguist), perfect.
I apologize, but I probably will not writing reviews this long again, but please remember that all of the above compliments are true, even if I don't specifically say them. :)
Toodles 'n' Sweet Dreams, -invisiBelle
TatterdemalionDandelion chapter 13 . 2/4
Well-conceived and bleak. It was interesting and painful to step into your world where Harry is so damaged. There are points at which I think you went too far with super-powering Harry (so much gold; so many weapons!), but overall, the story is very well done.
The viscera of the final battle was a little much for me, especially, but I admired your use of the sorceror's stone and Lily's appearance (what a clever deux ex machina!).
I especially like the tender moments he has with Hermione and McGonagall.

Well done - now off to read the sequel!
poppop chapter 13 . 2/2
i thought your story was insightful and entertaining in a grim realistic way. thank you for being a writer, i think you have a real talent for it. looking forward to more of your stories.
Diddleymaz chapter 13 . 2/2
Very entertaining story,and for an American writer only a couple of totally AU non Brit errors. In the UK we have terms, never semesters and the Granger Christmas proclamation is just ridiculous in an English middle class home. We just don't have that brand of Chritianity here and the Grangers to be typical of their class would be Gaurdian reading Liberals of no religious faith if not outright atheists or humanists.
irnzenmonk chapter 13 . 2/2
Awesome i loved it it was fantastic.
andnobodysmokes chapter 9 . 1/28
My sister called me tonight, despairing that her boyfriend (who is planning to propose next month) may not be The One. I wish, wholeheartedly, that I could have channeled Gabrielle Delacour in that moment:
"Your face is entirely too sad. It needs pie."
2,365 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »