Reviews for Brutal Harry
Eien Michi chapter 8 . 12/8/2013
I knew it! Cave Johnson's genius touches us all.
kyosh711 chapter 9 . 12/8/2013
Great story but I wish you would have used the name Dan Granger and Emma Granger as that is the most common names for these characters. Dan comes from Daniel Radcliffe and Emma comes from Emma Watson the stars of Harry Potter movies.
Carlisle Cullen x.x chapter 4 . 12/1/2013
Brilliant so far
skipbeataddict chapter 3 . 11/28/2013
I 3 McGonagall. I would kiss her, but I don't swing that way. Take that Dumbledore!
agamer23 chapter 13 . 11/28/2013
I really like this story.
dragoncreators chapter 12 . 11/26/2013
Now this, was ten times the power and love then in the cannon. I cannot stop reading! It's awesome!
Lansday-Larry chapter 13 . 11/24/2013
You win. I don't know what you win, but you do. I've read hundreds of fics. This is the first one that I agree completely with Harry's personality. Most fan-fiction writers do their best to keep canon Harry turns into insert main trait here!Harry and it gets annoying after a while. S'tarKan is the only other writer that I've seen do it right, but then again it is a time travel story so technically it does start with canon Harry.

Thank you for the great story looking forward to the sequel.

-Larry
jchangpa chapter 13 . 11/23/2013
There is not too much words that can discribe the story, it is brutalas teh name of the story state and has a lot of real life situation that make it EXCELLENT. So receive my most sincere thanks for writing a fic that is really a real life description.

Thanks you
tylermech66 chapter 13 . 11/21/2013
I can understand your frustration and I do know about psychology. Its just, the thing is, Harry Potter is a CHILDREN'S BOOK, if Rowling had made Harry a wreck that cannot understand love then it just wouldn't be a children's book, the w2hole abuse from the Dursleys was most likely just incorporated to foster sympathy for him not wanting to go home and all such.

Other than that, yah this story was awesome, probably because your a real writer. Now I will be moving onto "Hero"
tylermech66 chapter 12 . 11/21/2013
ugh your completely right, every time I look around a school or meeting of friends all I see are shallow peoples obsessed with looks and being top of the food chain while the good people just sulk in the background. the only friendships I see are those that are mostly, to me anyway, just close association. real friendships are so hard to find nowadays.
tylermech66 chapter 9 . 11/21/2013
whoa whoa whoa, wasn't Citibank not formed at this time? I'm pretty sure it was formed from some sort of merger between two banks. Our I'm getting confused and that is actually one of the banks that merged with another to form the modern bank... just something ive learned in high-school business classes.
Crazed King chapter 9 . 11/19/2013
Hermionie is badass.
Lillielle chapter 13 . 11/11/2013
I have to review this simply because THANK YOU. I absolutely hate the fact that in canon, Harry has virtually no after-effects of the abuse the Dursleys have put him through since toddler-hood, and continue to put him through while he goes to Hogwarts. It's completely unrealistic. Abused children do not simply wander off to school, making friends and finding relationships completely unscathed. I would know.

This story was dark as hell. I don't...particularly like how over-powered Harry is? I kind of wish that there was an alternate timeline to it, where Harry is still smart, but isn't like...well, y'know, purchasing small islands and practising small-weapons fire. :p But I still very much enjoyed this. I love the fact Hermione was taken out of Hogwarts for so long-it makes perfect sense. As much as I like Snape, I think what happened here worked very well, with McGonagall firing him. It would make him happier anyway, it's obvious he hates teaching and considering how much he was bullied at Hogwarts, that can't be a very healthy work environment for him.

I also really like the Malfoys in here. I like how Lucius is absorbed with getting power for himself and I really like his chat with Voldemort at the end, that he's not worthy to call "master" anymore. He was overpowered by a fourteen-year-old boy. Like Harry said, he WAS the most powerful. "Was" being the operative word there.

Also, yay for Lily coming back! :D I'm so happy you've got such a plausible explanation for her returning and not just "lol she avoided death" or something trite like that. Also, the foreshadowing of her, considering she's the one who intervened when Vernon was about to beat Harry to death. Her coming at the graveyard wasn't completely out of the blue, considering that.

Oh, and I love Harry and Hermione's friendship. Maybe it turns into something more, maybe not, but either way, their relationship made me smile. Lovely story.
BillBrink chapter 5 . 10/28/2013
I know this review is well past your creation of this story, but I wanted to tell you as a mental health professional, your thoughts concerning Harry and Riddle are very close to the truth. It is refreshing to read a story from this viewpoint. Thank you for sharing your talent. I look forward to reading more of your stories.
jada951 chapter 13 . 10/28/2013
interesting...more than interesting, take on the HP story and canon.

i found the end of chapter comments very telling, the last one especially.

nice to see Minerva being the strong woman she was meant to be!

i look forward to your sequel.
2,158 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »