Reviews for Brutal Harry
mythaeology chapter 13 . 12/6/2016
I loved this a lot. Thank you.
mythaeology chapter 12 . 12/6/2016
Oh my God. The sacrifice, the love, the trust... This is how it should have beenat least in terms of Lily's interferencesince the whole point of Harry surviving in the first place was love, sacrifice, and blood. This scene was amazing.
Hippothestrowl chapter 12 . 12/2/2016
Virtually every Harry Potter fight scene in other fics don't make sense. The timing and speed is all wrong and most of the characters apparently stand around doing nothing while the author focuses on one or two at a time interrupted by lengthy chat. But THIS fic has it sounding right and believable and fast and weaves in believable speech as well. Excellent!

The weakness for me is Lily. That story device doesn't work for me because this fic is all about Harry overcoming and the fact is, he failed and then up pops Lily? However, I'll let that pass because I can't think of a solution myself! Or a better way of using Lily. Maybe if she were more abstract with less humanity (vague voice whispers in his head?) and much more subtle? And leave Voldemort dying slowly (and painfully, hehe!) for Harry to serve the coup de grace to end it all which the main theme and the reader deserves.

The other flaw (for me) is the Stone which sounded clumsy and contrived as used. Much better if Harry HAD produced the Elixir of Life earlier in the story but not used it (or didn't realise it needed a drop of his blood) and then Dobby fetched it to save Hermione. That would have been perfect.

Still, a very good fight scene and probably the best Potter fic battle description I think I've read (because most are awful!)
PwnerofHeroes chapter 1 . 11/28/2016
why be moral when the sun could go out any day
misuky7 chapter 13 . 11/25/2016
This was absolutely amazing. Probably one of my absolute favorites. I liked how even paced it was and the detail was marvelous. I do so wish there had been more. :3
Questionz chapter 13 . 11/21/2016
Amazing story, the Lily Potter scenario could do with a little more back story and build up. But pretty decent regardless
LadyPhoenixKnight chapter 3 . 11/13/2016
Wow. Not sure how its going to go yet but im really digging it. Love how when McGonagall got her ire up she sliped into her scottish accent. Or at least thats what im assuming from how its written. That kind of detail tickled me. Alas my own writing is not yet up to the standard of your own, while my reading is of a much higher caliber often i am plagued by authors who i feel lack detail and have to substitute it with my own imagination. My own similar lack in my own work irritates me to no end. Reading this i have been able to go with the flow and enjoy the ride and let me tell you, effortless reading of a good quality work is much more enjoyable. Its just what i need right now thank you. Im looking forward to reading the rest.
LetsSeeIfICanDoThisToo chapter 13 . 11/11/2016
Good story.
LetsSeeIfICanDoThisToo chapter 4 . 11/11/2016
You're a good writer. I like that you keep harry from talking too much yet do tremendous character building by using the other characters around him. I got a lump in my throat from reading the story thus far about all the abuse. You have a very engaging writing style that pulls people in.

I look forward to reading the remainder.
ironhair chapter 12 . 11/7/2016
Thank you...
Btw, which video game did he kill the coyote in?
Mississippi Dragon chapter 13 . 11/7/2016
this story is, in a word: amazing. very thought-provoking, emotionally charged, and psychologically realistic, with beautifully written chapters and that lovely surprise of lily being around, if a bit lacking in body
ironhair chapter 6 . 11/7/2016
Flametusk chapter 8 . 11/6/2016
If momentum isn't affected by apparition, but direction is, that doesn't make sense. Momentum is a vector, not a scalar, meaning that it also relies on direction.
Guest chapter 13 . 11/6/2016
Anybody else upset about the absence of a quote from 'the art of war'?
Simianpower chapter 12 . 11/5/2016
Meh. After all that buildup, this was disappointing.
2,579 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »