Reviews for Brutal Harry
Lord Barinthus chapter 13 . 11/5/2016
Loved this story.

And forgot to mention during my last Review, but I felt how you handled Harry's experience under the Cruciatus in the Graveyard was VERY well done. So many authors apparently believe you recover instantly once the curse is released, I thought how you wrote that battle was realistic, and heart-breaking.
Lord Barinthus chapter 12 . 11/5/2016
I had made a note on a napkin to ask about why the vow hadn't struck Voldy, but then you got to that, lol.

My biggest unanswered question is-what was Dumbles' response to the stone being missing back in first year? You never said. You mentioned in passing narrative that Quirrell had expired at the end of that year, but does Dumbles not know the stone was removed? (And if so, how could he NOT have realized it?!) And wouldn't he be suspicious that Harry could afford to outright purchase the Prophet when you'd acknowledged in a previous chapter that the Potters were comfortable, but not known for their wealth?

This was probably the most entertaining/interesting Graveyard scene I've read, and I have read soooooo many iterations of it. Kudos! :)
Lord Barinthus chapter 10 . 11/5/2016
I'm enjoying this fic (and thrilled to start the sequel shortly) but wouldn't have minded seeing a little more play on Harry being Lord Black/Heir Potter/etc. While likely not old enough to take his Wizengamot seats, he could establish his proxies (likely Dumbles at this point) and work to affect change that way.

Honestly, I just enjoy Prophet articles and Wizengamot meetings, and would have enjoyed seeing more of that in this fic.
Lord Barinthus chapter 5 . 11/4/2016
Who exactly is the Defense teacher at this point? You never mentioned what became of Quirrell, so is he still in place?
Lord Barinthus chapter 3 . 11/4/2016
GO, MINNIE!
Lord Barinthus chapter 2 . 11/4/2016
I'm THRILLED with how you're going about his magical education. While Harry suddenly attaining God-Like powers is entertaing, the methodical way you're handling his magical growth lays a much stronger foundation while proving FASCINATING. :)
Lord Barinthus chapter 1 . 11/4/2016
The goblins informing Harry of his inheritance/pending Lordship is one of my favorite tropes so I was sliiiightly disappointed that didn't come to pass during his first visit with them, BUT! This seems very well-written and has a large number of Favs, so I shall have to find it within myself to persevere. (Haha.)

Great opening chap!
king-of-sass chapter 13 . 10/21/2016
Loved this 3
Scabbers1957 chapter 13 . 10/21/2016
This was an epic story, like you I am a believer and also like you, I don't see Harry being like most FF stories portray him, this is one of the ways he would be, I'm more inclined to see him as broken and almost wanting to join his parents rather than indure the he'll he has existed in before going Hogwarts.

I'll add this to my story favorites and you to that as well as alerts.

:))
VonPelt chapter 13 . 10/13/2016
A very interesting, well written story with a original plot. Mad eye as a journalist was possibly the best thing I have ever seen. Abused Harry was well written. The resurrection was certainly unexpected. A great piece of work. One of the best I have read here so far.
old-crow chapter 11 . 9/30/2016
Hi,

Every time I read this I enjoy it all over again. Thanks for sharing your story.

Old-Crow
Luna's Meow chapter 2 . 9/24/2016
Gabby should have understood the words exercose regime perfectly. Exercise regime translates to régime d'exercice. We stole both words from the french. Regime from regimen in latin, english used regimen, and stole segime. Exercise from latin exercitium, to old french exercise. Which we then stole. Both words are french. Small detail, but important.
Luna's Meow chapter 1 . 9/24/2016
Luna's Meow chapter 10 . 9/24/2016
Gabby should have understood the words exercise regime perfectly. Exercise regime translates to régime d'exercice. We stole both words from the french. Regime from regimen in latin, english used regimen, and stole segime. Exercise from latin exercitium, to old french exercise. Which we then stole. Both words are french. Small detail, but important.
fan-rei chapter 8 . 9/2/2016
Glad other nations get screen time.
I like Uncle george.