Reviews for Brutal Harry
Guest chapter 10 . 8/9/2020
Story trash
FraktalAMT chapter 1 . 8/2/2020
Reading across the prologue, repeated scenes of Harry being abused made me fear for the worst.

When Vernon was arrested, I realized this story might actually be a good read.
S chapter 13 . 7/29/2020
It was heart breaking to read how Harry suppresses tears and hunger pangs and pain. Am glad he is very resilient, learns to identify feelings to some extent at least and lets people like McG and Hermione in. Like your portrayal of a happy, supportive Granger family and some adults behaving responsibly (putting her safety above anything else). Hermione is such a beautiful character, flaws and all, and deserved far better in canon. Glad to see that happening here even if she does suffer tremendously. A fiery, reformed McG is a wonder to read too! Loved it. Thanks for this emotional roller coaster of a read. It is one of the better written stories in fanfic.
LadyVivianeNight chapter 13 . 7/27/2020
I really enjoyed this, thank you for sharing.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/12/2020
I don't know if you end up seeing this review...8 years later from when the story was last updated. Thank you for this story. The premise is intriguing. I like how you have Harry discovering magic as a way to cope with his circumstances. Too often though most people assume abuse is just physical. I think this chapter would have been more effective if you also showed psychological abuse, which (in my opinion) can be far more damaging and something that plausible that he could have also have experienced. For example, as you alluded, Harry may not have the best school performance. He could be late to school doing chores or have incomplete assignments because he is physically hurting too much to do his homework properly. Some of the teachers could see that the Dursely's maintain a perfect image of themselves and could think Harry's lackluster school performance is on him. They start treating him like he is incapable of achieving anything and that he is a born trouble-maker, which is why when Dudley pounds him in the yard, some teachers would act like it is because Harry did something wrong. So the teachers see him as an abnormally and his peers will start seeing him like that as well. It could spread to the whole community and now parents are warning their child to stay away from Harry. Stuff like that can strip a child of their confidence and their ability to defend themselves. I would like to see Harry go through that thought process while defending the girl and exploring his magic. The Harry in this chapter is too confident in himself for his circumstances. I am just at chapter 1 though lol so maybe my opinion will change.
fireflame789 chapter 13 . 7/7/2020
Do I like the story?

I’m not sure.

Is it good?

Probably.

I can say for a fact that this piece of fanfiction is probably the most interesting thing that I’ve read in a good year. It’s well written, well deserving of its M rating, has a pretty neat divergence from canon, and it omits a bunch of notable people that I found for the better. Taking Dumbledore, Sirius, Ron, and Remus out of the equation was probably for the best.

Still, it feels like it’s resolved too quick. Harry’s powers and abilities seem just on the verge of far-fetched, people speak too... well (if that makes sense), some portions feel improbable if not completely unlikely, and it’s rife with some questionable points like Lily Potter.

Still, it just feels satisfying. The first few chapters are brutally made, and I actually like both how you portray characters and how you write.

It’s interesting. I’d like to read more of your work.
Fyrebird85 chapter 6 . 7/6/2020
You did so well at showing how closed off an abused child would be, only to have him crumble after TWO HUGS. This is completely unbelievable, which even you should recognize, considering your description about how emotionally injured people close themselves off more and more after each assault on their psyches.
Hi Exclamation Point chapter 10 . 7/5/2020
You do a wonderful job of portraying aspects of humanity in a character while also making them multifaceted. Gabrielle as childlike innocence and George granger, who may seem like comic relief at first, displays how there is good in life along with the majority bad that is displayed. I’m not sure if you’ll ever see this review but you have a true talent and if you ever publish a novel i would love to read it.
Tlingit97 chapter 13 . 7/2/2020
I do not have the words to describe how much I enjoyed this book. I would like to consider myself a very introspective person and this story has allowed me look even further upon my actions with a better understanding of who I am and how I act.
Ryan chapter 1 . 7/2/2020
This story was brutal, yes, but it was just as beautiful. Your Hermione was perfect. Thanks.
Dark-Prince-of-Clowns chapter 1 . 6/16/2020
Knowledge is Power... Harry is SO Slytherin.

He has zero appreciation of Knowledge for Knowledge's sake, so Ravenclaw is out. He'd proboably find useless knowledge and fun facts worthless.

This story is very interesting. _
Samwise Pevensie chapter 13 . 6/6/2020
Reading Harry Potter with my children I did think Harry was a maleable boy who was befriended by people who wanted some fame (Ron and family) to attach themselves to, or wanted to use him (Dumbledore).
He isn't the main protaganist because he has taken his hands off the wheel of his own life.
Yes Hermione is the reason they succeed, but we don't know even the names of the parents she sends away.
Yes to "Love" quote!
AAaaas chapter 12 . 6/3/2020
Bullshit
SemiF chapter 9 . 6/2/2020
I LOVE UNCLE GEORGE!
Guest chapter 7 . 5/29/2020
Man, even by my slightly psychopathic autistic tendancies, this kid is hella cold.
2,898 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »