Reviews for Brutal Harry
Guest chapter 2 . 5/24/2020
Re your author's note: I wish you had toned down the content of the prologue. The first chapter detailing Vernon's attacks on Harry was very grim reading; I nearly gave up on your story as it was so distressing to read.
theflowerelectric chapter 1 . 5/18/2020
He’d get school food at lunch. It’s unrealistic for him to starve, but that’s my only criticism.
Unbeatable Guy chapter 13 . 5/16/2020
I only read the first 7 chapters, but this story made me cry myself to sleep thinking about the abuse Harry could have had. Thank you!
Highvoltage215 chapter 13 . 5/13/2020
I came here to have a good time and you made me cry congratulations
LilMissPinkChink chapter 13 . 5/7/2020
Oh... I cried and cried. 3
EvilStevilTheKenevil chapter 13 . 5/1/2020
Another day, another fic binged.

Good job.
jayod chapter 13 . 4/27/2020
Great read. Awesome job. Thanks for sharing
Mernom chapter 13 . 4/20/2020
This story is quite good. There are a few spots with overly long sentences, and a tiny bit of spots where the characters telling other characters how bad Harry had it feels bit OOC (you don't really spill another person's trauma like that), but outside of that it's very good.

Also, I don't think that scientist guy was that out of place. If the entire story is geimdark all of the time, the reader grows resistant to it. It needs a little big of break. In a long story, you can put neutral sections in, but considering how condensed this story is, the humor sections set up the final arc quicker.
Guest chapter 13 . 4/13/2020
The long stupid AN are just it stupidity. The rest is just crap. Lucius been man enough to avoid going to Tom, not like been a closet gay and pathetic wizard will not let him avoid Tom. As you seem in love of child abuse it is clearly how moron you are. Stop making stupidity that you call writing
Guest chapter 1 . 4/12/2020
Stupid start, show how good you are at beating little childrens. Typical bullies performance before adminiting they are gay and love to be bugger. Morons who start any writing with really good child beating most be delete from life plus the suppose revision what means probably the previous one was better but not as gay as this one. MORON
ProdigyOrion chapter 13 . 4/8/2020
10/10 Highly recommend
RatherFabulous chapter 9 . 3/24/2020
I am laughing. I LOVE Uncle George. I understand that he won't be seen very much, but it makes me happy to know that he's somewhere, messing about...FOR SCIENCE!

Personal thought: really...do you know that many people who DON'T have IQs in, well, at least the 120 range? I know the "bell curve", but it seems off to me. I don't FEEL that smart a lot of the time. (And at 130,well, you're not 140, which is supposed to be when you're REALLY smart.)
Okay, I work with kids who have severe disabilities, so them, no, but it seems like almost everyone I know, they keep up just fine, and they often seem a good deal smarter, at least in their fields.

Don't even get me started about "smart" vs. "intelligent". I had a friend from college who is a "rocket scientist" in the truest and most literal sense of the word (NASA), but sometimes, he can't seem the manage the simplest things.
My husband is "less intelligent" (hah!) but passed the CPA exam on the first try. (DAMN.)
I have a brother who is CIO of a huge bank, one that's senior line guy at an auto manufacturer and who has consistently refused promotions because he LIKES what he does, and a 3rd brother who has an IQ of nearly 160, but is crippled by anxiety (like the eponymous character of the television series "Monk") and works in the little office of our dad's company. So.

Grey matter is just a tool: You can have the most shiny, amazing tool in the world, but if it is never properly used, it doesn't mean that much.
RatherFabulous chapter 1 . 3/22/2020
Lol, it's funny but...okay, so...I used to work at a bookstore.

In a discussion with a bunch of twenty-something fellow co-workers (which I'm NOT), upon being asked "What super-power would you choose?", I chose:
"Knowledge. Information. Like Good Magician Humfrey in Xanth."

When they parsed exactly how that would play out, they eventually came to the conclusion that...
I would be a GAME-BREAKER.

HOW could they NOT know this? They worked at a freakin' bookstore!
Antonio Calavera chapter 13 . 3/3/2020
Your story drew me in like few fanfics do! Congratulations! Good mix of humor and sweetness. The characters seem a bit overpowered, but I like the way you developed them. I look forward to reading the sequel. Keep writing!
Fick Chick chapter 13 . 2/26/2020
This was very well written.
2,898 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »