Reviews for Brutal Harry
bingbangboom chapter 1 . 11/28/2015
I know this story was completed years ago, but, all the same, there are still many issues in the first few chapters despite however many rewrites it's gone through. Abuse was over-the-top, as usual for these shit stories, and Harry is ridiculously overpowered and 'mature' for his age and situation. He also gets away with more shit than any student ever would, abused or not. McGonagall's outburst at Snape and Dumbledore felt out-of-character. She was repeatedly shown to keep her temper despite terrible or upsetting events. But, with all the other out-of-character scenes, I'm not surprised. Additionally, the repeated 'psychology' garbage is just that. I know many other reviewers are sucking your dick over this fic, but it's not nearly as grandiose as they - or you - think it is.
Jon chapter 13 . 11/17/2015
It is rare for me to take the time to review a story, but this story was so good that I just had to comment.

This story has become my all-time favorite Harry Potter fanfic, due primarily to your successful attempts to make the story realistic. I've read way too many fics that included unreasonable bashing of characters to the point where the bashed characters seemed robotic, cause only a robot would repeat the same mistake over and over without redeeming itself. You, on the other hand, made the characters human and realistic, while still managing to make the story addicting, exciting, thrilling, and unique. I'm extremely excited to start reading the sequel after seeing the quality you put into this story.

Oh, and kudos to you for an awesome last chapter AN.
Dreaming of the Moon chapter 1 . 11/17/2015
Ah! I don't know how, but I was able to read through the entire chapter. SO MANY TIMES was I ready to leave.

The amount of abuse you put Harry through better have something to do with the plot further down the line, or I'll be extremely disappointed. I'll continue reading, though! I'm hoping that things get better from here. I have high hopes for this fic, though, I don't know why...
Brian chapter 13 . 11/13/2015
The final chapter had Love, with all the glory of its capitalized twelfth english alphabet. Myrddin's twig and berry infused lemon drops, you're bloody twit!
suziq968 chapter 13 . 11/12/2015
Yes! Brutally beautiful. You are amazing and, in my opinion, completely right about love. I also agree with you about how his character has developed. I'm so excited to read Harry hero!
suziq968 chapter 3 . 11/11/2015
As hard as this is to read, you're doing a great job. I always had a bit of a problem with Harry being so able to overcome his abuse. It's definitely not the average response.
desireejones99 chapter 13 . 11/11/2015
Exceptional entertainment
desireejones99 chapter 7 . 11/9/2015
Sacking your Head Law Officer does not bode well for your constitutes, well the law abiding ones at least
desireejones99 chapter 6 . 11/9/2015
Malfoy never understands that his ambitions are not others ambitions. The ambitious and cunning that he may have had is overshadowed by his slavery to tom
desireejones99 chapter 4 . 11/9/2015
One thing the wards, you would think after the warning they might have been tuned up a bit. Tbhough Ki guess Dumbles put little faith into the warning about Malfoy(Bad faith) which is dropping the ball once more, which makes Dumbles continue to seem very inept
desireejones99 chapter 3 . 11/9/2015
I am very happy to see the McGonagal I expected from the first scene of book 1. So refreshing to see what was promised instead of the milksop easy to roll over forgettable witch JK made her
Sleepygirl68 chapter 13 . 11/8/2015
I enjoyed reading your story and look forward to reading the sequel.
Thanks for writing and sharing your story with us.
CCBottle chapter 11 . 11/7/2015
Hermione talking to a stranger about Harry's traumatic childhood was bad enough but now it will be all over the news because of her. Hopefully it teaches her to respect people's privacy.
Tony McNucklz chapter 5 . 11/4/2015
harry is far to forgiving towards herione and McGonagall for revealing his abuse. he should be enraged. feel like he is being forced to relive it every time someone else apparently knows. its such a colossal betrayal he should have lost his nut again. more violently attempted escape to get away from Hogwarts then violence against them would have been expected.
Tsamoka chapter 13 . 10/30/2015
This is one of the most realistic versions of how Harry's home life would have shaped him I have ever seen. Thank you for writing this. I don't know how JKR justifies the trash she writes. Keep up the good work! :)
2,485 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »