Reviews for Brutal Harry
Gtopia chapter 2 . 6/30/2016
i hate it when authors put him in gryffindor, using a bunch of excuses XD. the hat takes your wants into consideration but it doesn't do what u want, if you display slytherin qualities above all others, you're going into sytherin end of.

oh well, cant expect anything different from the thousands of others stories that put him in gryffindor when he shouldnt, this stories pretty good so far :)
Girlwhowaits92 chapter 8 . 6/24/2016
I now have so much love for Uncle George, he will forever be remembered with much affection
smiles2go chapter 13 . 6/22/2016
Very exceedingly excellent. Filled with so much tension and intrigue you literally cannot stop reading. You are a very talented writer and I hope you never stop.
HauntingHarmoni chapter 4 . 6/5/2016
This is extraordinarily dry and verbose for the topic. It's a wonderful topic and idea, but you've removed the warm happy feelings that make the world of Harry Potter so wonderful. I understand that this is just an opinion and that some people enjoy this style of writing, but to me it is akin to reading a scientific report on the growing of grass. I hope in your future endeavors you decide to show slightly more human intaction and emotion. There is a twilight story based on abuse that balances both the intricate side of abuse and the depth needed for a good story. This story has a good concept but it is crusty. I hope you find other readers who enjoy this story, but I am intrigued as to how it was rated so high. Best of luck, and I hope you can use this review to improve your writing in the future.
ciel.livide chapter 12 . 6/4/2016
thank you for the generous response to my pedantic Brit-picking! Do let me know if you are ever in need of a UK proofreader.
ciel.livide chapter 7 . 6/4/2016
Oxford University just doesn't work like that. No one gets a place without an interview and tests, and you certainly could not join halfway through the year. There aren't dorms; students get rooms within their colleges. We'd say completed our university educations or completed our degrees, not "collegiate educations". It's a term, not a semester. Sorry to Brit-pick but these things really do take me out of the otherwise excellent story!
ciel.livide chapter 1 . 6/3/2016
English schools have headteachers, not Principals; no idea what a Superintendent does; and it's the Local Education Authority which had oversight of state schools in the 90s. Oh and it's the Department for Educationnot* Ministry of Education) although prior to 1992 the DfE was the Department for Education and Science. (end of pedantry)
JuceBi chapter 3 . 6/2/2016
Epic! Minerva for the win! I really love this scene. She verbally shreds th into little pieces.
jemuel23euel chapter 10 . 6/1/2016
the hell. this is ridiculous
FicWader chapter 3 . 5/22/2016
Did you have to have Harry go learn the way of sword from mysterious asian man trope? Rly? Now I can just hope it will be bearable going forward.
Duesal Bladesinger chapter 1 . 5/13/2016
Harry, you amateur. A lot of weeds are edible!
Diving in chapter 6 . 5/12/2016
I've been wondering. What about the professor of defence against the dark art?
anand891996 chapter 13 . 5/5/2016
love the story mate... though I am not good at picking flaws in stories, I looked this one a lot. I would also like to say that it is nice to see Christian faith interpreted as it is by you, and hope more Christians (and people of other faiths to) think of their lives and others in the same way
Kikuriki chapter 10 . 5/3/2016
Maybe most people try to roll a die for Harry's dragon and get the freaking horntail. Could you imagine. Just, Luck decreeing "Yeah no. Harry gets the Horntail. Deal with it."
Guest chapter 13 . 5/3/2016
About this chapter: Did Hermione try to protect Harry with her life? All she did was get kidnapped and then run away at first chance.

I liked: Dursleys, it makes sense that Vernon would abuse his wife too. And the rest of that storyline.
Hermione, this is probably the first story where her intelligence is potrayed this positivly. Usually, she is just 'book smart'.
That Harry was not dark, which I expected at first.
And of course I liked the story overall.

What I didn't like was the prison break scene. Your goal was realism and that scene was just ridicilous. Second thing was all the pain pain pain pain pain. It just looks poorly written.
2,579 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »