Reviews for Brutal Harry
biblioholic chapter 13 . 7/28/2013
That was a well written story.

Parts of it were kind of confusing (especially Harry seemingly being prophetic with knowing certain things).

I hope to read more and enjoyed your slightly more realistic version of an abused Harry (the lack of backlash/consequences of Harry's childhood sufferings in cannon always did bother me).

I like how you justified certain things in your story through AN at the end of each chapter and how you had a variety of perspectives through other characters both cannon and self-made.
biblioholic chapter 5 . 7/28/2013
A little error in consistency: Why did Hermione's Professor of Herpetology state the length of the snake in meters while Harry later states it in terms of feet (and both sets of measurements plus their margins of error differ)?
I'MNOTCRAZY1 chapter 11 . 7/27/2013
Uh... armor is not formal wear. In fact, it would have been incredibly rude for a knight to show up to a ball in armor. Why didn't he just, you know, transfigure armor into formal clothing?
I'MNOTCRAZY1 chapter 9 . 7/27/2013
George Granger continues to be awesome, but Gabrielle took the cake when she made me hnng. Or is it that she took the pie?
I'MNOTCRAZY1 chapter 8 . 7/27/2013
Wait. Harry was an avid fantasy reader and he didn't ask Auror Vance if she's related to Jack Vance? That's the first thing I'd do.

Also, George Granger? Best. Character. Ever.
Katara-Hatake chapter 13 . 7/27/2013
Someone finally effin said it. I applaud you.

The-one-who-is-plotting

K-H
invictus-hd chapter 4 . 7/22/2013
This is very original and well written, just not my cup of tea. The first chapter had me hooked, I was so excited to see what you'd do with the story. By chapter three though, Harry comes off as an emotionally dead and frankly sort of boring character, who has WAY past the magical and physical capacity that any 2nd year student should have. The glossing over of events and lack of character development haven't helped. I've rolled my eyes about ten times in the last two chapters, so I won't be continuing. I would like to commend you on a very original and obviously well received story though. Keep up the good work.
Osmodious chapter 13 . 7/22/2013
Excellent story. The ancillary characters do not receive much development, but that is understandable as we don't really need it. I mean, the protagonist doesn't require more insight into them, so we the readers do not either...so development in terms of Harry's evaluation of them is perfect. The pacing was good, overall storyline VERY good and it was just an enjoyable, if psychologically & emotionally trying, read. Then again, the stories that envelop you the most, that provoke thought and stay with you are the ones that test your intelligence, psyche & emotions. So...thank you for posting it!
Dare chapter 13 . 7/21/2013
So, in my opinion, it takes a good story to make the reader feel sympathy for the protagonist and an even better on to make them empathise. When a story makes me not only understand the protagonist but actually - for a moment or two - consider making similar decisions to the protagnist, it's a damn good story... like this one.
wdlwbt chapter 13 . 7/20/2013
This is fantastic. Thank you for sharing :)
Off to read the sequel
Kira Kyuu chapter 13 . 7/19/2013
This entire story is one of the most epic things I have ever read. Thank you for giving me the chance to read and appreciate it.

K9
Mr.Black64 chapter 6 . 7/15/2013
The relationship with Hermione and McGonagall makes me sick. Don't know how much interaction you've had with abused children but growing up dirt poor in horrible neighborhoods i've had some. To betray someones trust and tell their secrets is just something you don't do. To have Harry just forgive that like it's nothing and then to turn into a pile of gibbering mess from a hug is just painful to watch.

It's like watching a rich suburban valley girl try to understand the ghetto. Makes you want to choke her.
Nerfhearder69 chapter 13 . 7/12/2013
Brutal, yup, that about sums it up. Wish you wrote a bit more for the aftermath. Did he end up with the proverbial harem, did Lucy get too big for his britches? Who finally caps off the g'vment? Inquiring minds, mine anyway, wanna know!
Creeper chapter 13 . 7/12/2013
Aww! That was sweet (even if a horrific event had to happen before...)! I like this story, and I plan on reading the sequel. Bye!
- Creeper
PaC chapter 12 . 7/10/2013
Been a while, still had this tab in place weeks after I read this and a dozen other stories.
Overall more pluses than minuses, and a good deal of not read before cliches or obvious plots bunnies.
Recall skimming the sequel and being less enthusiastic, but I'll probably try to give it a lot of chapters read before giving up on it.
2,158 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »