Reviews for The Change of Eustace Scrubb
CaraLee934 chapter 9 . 1/31
Oh Eustace.

"It would've hurt even more if he'd left it on."
That's a wonderful way of summing it up.

His comments about Jill are hilarious. Those two will never stop bickering will they?

Hoping that this isn't the end,
CaraLee934
CaraLee934 chapter 8 . 1/31
Peter sees no problem with leaving Edmund and Lucy to their own devices. His comment of girls being able to cook is quite funny, especially since he follows it up with "at least Lucy could". And Edmund can't.

Communicating in code.
I like Edmund's comment regarding their sanity.
How he does it? He's High King, Edmund. That gives him parent-like abilities to know all.

He called right before they went! That is perfect.
"I expect you want to talk to Eustace." Um, no?
Poor Peter, I hadn't thought of that before. Of course the first thing he wants to know is how they are taking care of his country and people.
"Letter" being code for "formal report!"
Yes Peter, well, it surprised a great many people.
CaraLee934 chapter 7 . 1/31
So the bugs can tell when someone Leaves? That is interesting...
CaraLee934 chapter 6 . 1/31
It's nice getting to hear from Susan before she got "lost"
And her opinion on leaving the younger two with the Scrubbs is very much in character. She was the closest thing to a mother they had for fifteen years, of course she wouldn't approve of that!
I like how in Narnia, "beastly" is a complement, but this is England.
Her opinions on Harold and Alberta being teetotalers and vegetarians are very Susan. As is her disgust with their "outlandish notions"
I like Lucy's coping mechanism.
Poor Eustace. Left behind. I think it is spelled "loony bin" though.
Eustace's twin!
This is one of my favorites. It shows the Susan we all love, Queen Susan the Gentle. Hopefully she made it back eventually.
CaraLee934 chapter 5 . 1/31
Mr. Pevensie seems to take everything very well.
CaraLee934 chapter 4 . 1/31
I like that you made the peppermint have a history!

So...Is that professor surnamed Kirke or Lewis?
CaraLee934 chapter 3 . 1/31
Your parents make everyone feel "dragonish" Eustace. It isn't just you.

This one is actually a little sad. Harold and Alberta must have such empty lives.
CaraLee934 chapter 2 . 1/31
Obviously not everyone liked it. His parents and the other bullies topping that list, but I'm sure there were others.
They don't really matter though do they.
CaraLee934 chapter 1 . 1/31
Fair warning, most of this review will be sarcasm directed at Alberta. I apologize, but I review by writing down my thoughts as I go. *shrugs* At the very least, I hope it entertains you.

Very delicate. Indeed.
Oh spanking! The horror! What monstrosity! And believing in God! It just gets worse and worse.
By "never challenging authority" I'm assuming she means things like being respectful, obeying their parents (and Peter). Horrific things like that?
*sigh* Chivalry is lost on some people.

Poor Lucy. That wouldn't be pleasant, even if you don't mind frogs.
For that matter, poor frog.

Ha! I am taking a rather vindictive pleasure in this.
Locking Edmund and Lucy up together really isn't the best way to punish them. They would prefer to be out and about I'm sure, but they've had far worse.

This is lovely! I'm going to go read the next chapter now.
Crazy Dyslexic Nerd chapter 9 . 11/2/2013
That was kinda beautiful. Thank you for writing that.
-Dyslexic Nerd
mysticmoon1331 chapter 9 . 10/16/2013
thanks for this. :)
constantlearner chapter 9 . 10/16/2013
Still brilliantly enjoyable. Thank you.
Ailavyn Siniyash chapter 9 . 10/15/2013
Oh, Eustace Clarence Scrubb... He definitely doesn't deserve that name anymore. I forgot all about this little series until the update came in my email, but I'm glad to have rediscovered it. These are wonderful character studies. (Reflections?)

-Aila
WillowDryad chapter 9 . 10/15/2013
That's really nice. Well done. :)
trustingHim17 chapter 8 . 8/28/2013