Reviews for Pride and Prejudice
SpaceEngineerPeanut chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
I could so see this happening! *Laughs* Funny as heck, and did I detect a rather sly inside joke? ;)

Thank you!
Kirarakim chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
Loved it, sweet, funny and a good loving parody of the contest! The Klink & Hogan parts were perfect and I also enjoyed the banter between Newkirk & Lebeau over their countries respective literary works. LOL

But this line especially made me chuckle

"That pretty much meant he could put aside two-thirds of the pile – a guy wanting a girl, or girls in the plural, or even an entire harem"

And I have to agree with Klink, I was really moved by Kinch's story idea!
inhonoredglory chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
Very unique take on the challenge prompt! Good job. The start was funny, and, yeah, I agree with Moffit in thinking maybe Klink had gotten too smart. But it turns out Hogan had the upper hand in the end, anyway.

I really love these lines:

I'd be honoured to acquaint you barbarian Yanks with some of the more memorable lines in history.

and

Schultz happily prattling on about a little patch of blue he saw this morning.

So funny, characteristic, and cute!

And I have to agree with Sierra Sutherwinds - short-story competitions are fun everywhere :)
buggleston chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
This unique story really brings out the saying "the end justifies the means" Hogan recieves his paper for his cause and Klink gets to find a beautiful story after all.I knew it was Kinch for he was an advid all the way through Hogan style.I loved this story .
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
This has to take the prize for most unique story. I loved it! From the opening satire on this competition to the classic Hogan's Heroes ending. Glad to see the right guy won the contest. I think Klink chose well.
Bits And Pieces chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
ROTFL! This was great! And a very unique approach to the contest. I think the guys were all very much in character, and I especially liked who won at the end, and what his story was about. Glad you were able to post a story for the contest; I really enjoyed it!
96 Hubbles chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Oh! I'm wounded! The guys don't like my lines? *Sniff Sniff* At least Klink understands me. (Though even I'll admit he's deluded about the literary quality of the sources.)

In any case, this was a wonderful story. I like how Hogan took advantage of the situation to solve his own problem and Carter's personal indignation at the Germans recalling all the money. (Seriously, how dare they!) The characters were very true to the show.

I also like what Kinch did at the end. It showed him for the thoughtful man he is and it give the story an added layer of depth at the end.
Tuttle chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Hee, I liked how you poked fun at our own contest. Perfect.

Great story and I really liked that Kinch's story won. It sounded like something he would write.
Jennaya chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Very well thought out and complete story in so few words. Loved why Hogan needed the paper, and how he tricked Klink.
hogan macgyver chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Oh I loved this! All of the lines for our contest in the story is a great idea. LOL, Newkirk wanting to use "it was a dark and stormy night" is exactly what my family asked if I was using for mine.

The banter between Hogan and Klink is perfect. The ending was so funny. Great piece!
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Most impressive. I enjoyed the gentle poking of fun at the real-life challenge, and Hogan and Klink were especially well done. Interesting to think that one of the few things Klink takes a stand on is a story writing contest and how it should be conducted. That sort of thing must be very important to him.

For a while there, I was thinking that Klink was a little too smart for Hogan, and then Hogan's alternate use of the paper provided dispelled that thought.

But shame on me for not anticipating who the English author Newkirk is referring to, especially given the title of the story!

I do like your use of the themes of tolerance and respect throughout the story. Who knew that Newkirk was a Jane Austen fan? Or that Kinch would write of former enemies caring for each other in times of trouble?

The final scene is hilarious...poor Klink...
Sierra Sutherwinds chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Short-story competitions are fun everywhere, right? The dialogue is so full of energy, it's just like listening to the real guys.

What a really original idea for a short story!
emeraldarrows chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Hehe, fantastic!:D
snooky-9093 chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
This was brilliant. Kudos to the author, and for the amount of work put into the story.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Oh, very clever :D I love it, it flows beautifully, the characterisation is spot on and the whole thing leads to a really entertaining payoff.

dust...