Reviews for Hogan, PI
tallsunshine12 chapter 1 . 8/3/2023
Cute story, with all of the trimmings of a true film noir! Thanks very much!
Goldleaf83 chapter 1 . 6/8/2015
I know this one came before the first one: they're equally funny, and this one has some neat surprises. I guessed who the violin player would be, and thought having him married to Hogan's client was a marvelous idea. Carter's speech about Hogan being a good boss was just captured his voice, and the follow-up of Kinch deflating Hogan's ego was very funny. A treat to read, all the way through!
Missy the Least chapter 1 . 5/22/2015
I knew it too! Hogan will always rescue Klink, no matter what, even when he doesn't know it. Too cute, I'm sorry that I missed this one previously.
Anon chapter 1 . 11/1/2013
I KNEW IT! As soon as you mentioned the client plays the violin, I knew it was Klink!
SpaceEngineerPeanut chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Absolutely delightful, thank you!
Kirarakim chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
This was a lot of fun, reminds me of some of my favorite film noir films. :)
konarciq chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
Finally some time to catch up on my reading, and starting with the one Ive wanted to read most of all!

I love the idea of them having a PI agency together after the war. And the story is really in that old detective style. Well done!
Six of Twelve chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
I just knew Hochstetter had to be in it somehow. And as soon as you said, Johann Schmidt, I knew it was Klink. (to the attention of Johann Schmidt).

You also did well getting that hardboiled detective genre style right.
inhonoredglory chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
GOSH! I had no idea who the client was. Duh, I should've been thinking. But the whole story was so unusual that I didn't put two-and-two together! But, really, the story was perfect. So funny in its every move of PI film noir cliche-ness, lol! The characters made sense, even though they're so out of water, which is a great feat to accomplish! I thought it was great that you had Hogan do origami; every hard-boiled detective has to have a peculiar pastime :)

What a super story. The last line was a killer. LOL!
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
OMG, this is too funny. This has smacks of all the good detectives everyone's mentioned, but I've got to ask, has Hogan been hanging out with Jim Rockford? (the $200 a day for expenses conjured up an image of James Garner for me.)

I don't know what to say about what I liked best because I absolutely loved everything about this, the plot, characterizations and particularly how you wrote Hogan's voice. It's just the way I'd picture him narrating a case if he was a radio detective.

Great job on a great read!

P.S. That's a heck of a coincidence on our stories, both with a Johann and Hogan's POV.
buggleston chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Absolutely loved this story ! Very fast paced suspense to the end. Loved the idea of Klink fleeing from Hochstetter of all people . great story!
jodm chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Shades of Sam Spade, Philip Marlow, Humphrey Bogart and a little bit of Magnum PI thrown in for good measure. This was so cute and clever-you write humor so well. I could picture the scenes, right down to the 1950's ambiance.
BookQ36 chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Ha Ha! I had a feeling the client would be Klink. Nice touch, having Hochstetter be the baddie. Very fun story.
80sarcades chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Now THAT was a interesting premise for a story. Well written, easy to follow...I laughed when I thought of Klink wearing a novelty disguise...he probably could make it work!

The interaction between everyone was wonderful! Honestly, I didn't expect Hochstetter to be in there...I'd have thought he would have crawled under some rock, somewhere:-) Really liked the story, though. Great job!
dust on the wind chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Oh, that was fun. In spite of the difference in genre - which incidentally you did very well - the boys were all perfectly in character and it made sense as a post-series scenario.

I did work out who Lambikins was, and that tipped me off to who was after him. That being said, I'm quite glad Lambikins lucked out in both his personal and artistic lives.

As always, very clearly written, with a good logical flow, and a real feel for the detective genre.

dust...