Reviews for Choppy Waters
Light on the Horizon chapter 17 . 4/8
Great story! The cultures of Rohan and Gondor in your story are much more dramatically different to each other than I've seen before, which makes for very interesting reading :-)
Certh chapter 17 . 4/7
A beautiful ending! All those changing emotions, showing Lothiriel's depth of character, it worked quite wonderfully. From uncertainty and anxiousness to timidness to passion and boldness; and the shifting conversation; very nice. I'm very much looking forward to begin tackling the sequel!
Certh chapter 16 . 4/7
All that playful banter between Lothiriel and Eomer is so enjoyable! The Princess of Dol Amroth is certainly not a person to yield.
Um I think maybe you should raise the rating to M. No offence, but it doesn't really feel like something for teens.
Certh chapter 15 . 3/25
Eadric's little 'lecture' on marriage was definitely interesting. Perhaps the most intriguing I've come across on the subject.
Certh chapter 14 . 3/24
The King is smitten! :p
Certh chapter 13 . 3/24
I do adore the conversations between your Eomer and Lothiriel. Such crucial topics to expand on, and such a great way to show the cultural differences between Gondor and Rohan, as well as illustrate the differing opinions of the speakers.
Certh chapter 12 . 3/24
Beautiful chapter. I must say I really liked the Blessing of the Warriors - such a lovely custom, and so Rohirric-like. It fits into Middle-earth quite effortlessly.
Certh chapter 11 . 3/20
I must say, Mardil was a real b*stard!
Certh chapter 10 . 3/16
Another lovely chapter. I really enjoyed that scene with Melwin - it was very sweet and humorous at the same time. Loved the insight into Eomer's mind too; not to mention the additional information about Gytha.
Certh chapter 8 . 2/22
That was one mad sea-chase! Simply amazing imagery! Did I mention I love your Lothiriel's boldness?
Certh chapter 7 . 2/22
Oh, I do love the insight into the cultural differences between Rohan and Gondor. Quite beautifully given, illustrating the beliefs of both Lothiriel's reaction to Mardil...I'd say there will be revelations in the future. The plot thickens.
Certh chapter 6 . 2/21
That was quite an interesting conversation between Eomer and Lothiriel. I do like witnessing this slow unravelling of their relationship.
Certh chapter 5 . 2/15
I do like the originality of bringing crayfish and their link to fertility into the traditions of Rohan. Not to mention passion in marriage and children. It's always wonderful to see how every writer creates different folklore and traditions for the Rohirrim (and Gondorians). Looking forward to Eomer's reaction when he finally finds out what Imrahil's sons haven't told him about figs.
Certh chapter 2 . 1/31
I've had this story in my 'to read' list for quite some time, but it's only now that I've found some time to actually read it. I must say I'm enjoying it immensely. Your Lothiriel is a spirited young woman who's not afraid to show she can be one of the boys, not some meek noblewoman. I like that. The interaction between little Melwen and Eothain, and Eomer afterwards was very sweet.

And I really like your portrayal of Elphir. It seems that almost all fanfics I've come across more or less depict him as a stiff, prim man who is appalled every time he hears a crude word - it is quite nice to see a different portrayal. Your portrayal of Erchirion is also very refreshing. Painting him as a person who experiences life strongly and lives it to the fullest makes him a very intriguing character, different from the usual depictions of him.

Looking forward to reading more.
EC