Reviews for Halfway
NotADamselInDist chapter 1 . 8/4/2014
Wow... I normally don't like oneshots, especially those without a basic plot, but this was incredible. I found it well thought out and eye opening. I never thought Cy and Rae to have a non-romantic reltionship- not that I ship them... I'm starting to ship her with Beast Boy, though I wanted Terra to come Back T.T... Back to what I was saying. I never thought that they'd have a connection, but now that I see it, it's so obvious and I feel stupid for not seeing it. I loved this!
The Amazing Mumbo chapter 1 . 6/15/2014
And the best part is that Raven is empathic, she knows what he's feeling when this happen(s/ed). CyRae friendship all the way!
JustGrace13 chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
I like this a lot. It touches on a side of Cyborg that we don't see much.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
Oh, I loved this show. A fitting tribute to the characters. Brilliant little bit of character exploration.
krostovikraven1 chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
this story is just great. this is the basic and yet deepest explanation of the mechanics of their relationship. So much in common yet completely different. I'm glad someone put down in words what can be understood but not explained outright.
BlueBerryBoo chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
very well done! I didn't notice Raven and Cyborg's relationship much in the series, this was awesome.
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
Cool. Most extremely cool. I'd caught that similarity, in some ways, a few times, but this explanation you've given us is succinct, accurate, and easily understandable. (That "bullied as a child" comment? No one has any idea just HOW bullied she was ... but not by peers. By those in charge. Sucked to be her.)
Mrs. HopeEstheim chapter 1 . 3/19/2012 beautiful insight.

Oh, you made me remember how much I mess the days of T-E-E-N T-I-T-A-N-S, Teen Titans, Let's go! XD I really did like your take on Cyborg's thoughts, though.

Sorry I can't completely gush like I did for Letters from a Prat and aphrodisiac...but I did like this one, too :)
Ray chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
Absolutely stunning. You capture Raven's essence along with Cyborgs perfectly.

Amazing work.

Valak chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
Excellent. You captured the emotions and reactions of Cyborg's character perfectly. The little nuance were perfectly written and emoted. Wonderful job!
ally123456 chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
This is absolutely amazing. I love the detail and the comparisan between the two. Keep uphe amazing work. (:
TheWammy'sHouseReject chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
Aaaw, this story is so sweet :D. I love it. So simple, and so full of emotion.

The only reason I'm not favoroting your stpry is that if I favorited every one of your stories that I liked, I'd hav a LOT of stories XD

Anyway...yeah. Great job.
pisceanchic101 chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
Absolutely wonderful. I REALLY like the halfway concept you used here.

I can definitely relate to that, being of two different ethnicities (White/Filipino - West/East). You never are quite fully accepted in either. At least, at first. I just learned to deal and cope with it after finishing Elementary school (which was mostly Filipino). Even then, after I left the cajoling and doubts and sneers (like, "my mom said you're not really Filipino if you have freckles" tch) it's hard when people look at you and wonder/stare, ask what I am, like I'm some sort of experiment. Mexican? White? What ARE you? I'm American. Mixed American. I just learnt to ease myself with all kinds of environments, even if when people start talking to me in Spanish, I still feel my shackles rise and exasperation come. Still, you can never really just blend in. Eh, sorry for lengthy personal drabble!

Anyways, I really liked this line from your story: It's painful to be half-and-half. It's painful to have feet in two worlds but to be a child of neither. All those stares, all those whispers following behind. All the parents telling their children not to point.

I'm really glad you were able to capture the essence of this. Most people have no clue that it IS painful to be half-and-half. I'm grateful that you were able to understand this. :)

Also, showing me how Cyborg and Raven could be closer in only a way that they could understand and relate, I find, is very insightful and effective. I also like how you didn't have Cyborg say anything at the table. Brilliant! Nice job and wonderful story. :)
Shadokin chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
I feel enlightened. A rather insightful look for Cyborg. I loved they way you labeled their relationship - or rather how you simply stated what it wasn't, even though they had it. Whatever it was.

I liked it. I like that it stood with barely any dialogue. I loved how supportive Cyborg was without even saying anything. That was the best part.

ParamoreXO chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
The closure this entry offers is humbling. To be able to understand Cyborg's views on the team's discovery of Raven's true heritage is nice. The structure of this piece appears well thought out, it all blends perfectly.

Also, the tidbit of speculation on Tamaranean biology is most intriguing. There is always something inspiring in your writing.

Overall, a well written, enjoyable piece! (: