Reviews for Consumption
Mikarissa chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
I love it! Merrill is such an underestimated character and you pictured her so beautifully.
Elizabeth Carter chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
in a few words, this little vignette is quite remarkable. So telling of Merrill's personality and mind. Well done truly.
Marching Madly Onward chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
I love the way your mind works.

In a world of magical incantations, of course words and power. And for Hawke's resident blood mage, that's truer of anyone.

It's a connection I never would have made, but it makes so much sense that it practically reached out to slap me.

It's wonderful to see you taking the lens to Merrill, who is so often overlooked as stupid or deluded for practicing blood magic. Those accusations may carry some truth, but writing her off as a destructive airhead undermines the nature of her character, which you've clearly taken the time to consider and relate to us. She obviously feels justified in doing what she does, and you communicate it ever well. That takes more than a little patience and a lot of skill.
Witchy Bee chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
This is written so marvelously, and I can certainly picture Merrill doing all this. Very fitting.