Reviews for Only a Fool Would Say
Ginomo chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
Another awesome character exploration. Question... is it canon that joined Trill rarely marry? I can't remember ever hearing of that before? I would think getting married and then joining would cause problems, what with your spouse essentially waking up a different person. Just a thought.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
Great little vignette! The prose is excellent, very well written. Not quite sure what the basis for saying that joined Trill never marry or that Dax's other hosts married pre-joining, but in spite of that I enjoyed it very much. Off to check out more of your work.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
Amazing! I always loved Worf and Jadzia together and your writing style is beautiful
Alpha Flyer chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
I'm still getting to know these characters, as you know, as I am gradually ploughing through my DS9 DVDs, but your stories are adding considerable depth and pleasure to the journey. This one, Jadzia's first hesitant discovery of future possibilities, was lovely. Thank you for lending your writing talents to both DS9 and Voyager - but I do hope you will go back to Tom and B'Elanna soon... :-)
Trekfan chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
Great story for this perfect couple. You have a deep understanding for your characters. I can't wait to read more from you.
StoryWeaver56 chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Oh I love this. I love how you KNOW Jadzia and can really get down to her innermost thoughts. And you've got me seeing that spark that Worf and Jadzia have even though I am blinded by the sparks I see coming from Odo and Kira. You know me-that's quite the feat!

I love how you let us see what Jadzia sees in Worf, too. He's that Klingon who cares too much for protocol and honor and, once Jadzia "rattles his cage" (I love that) and brings his guard down for a moment, she can see Worf for who he really is. You described that perfectly and made me love both of them a little more.

I'm so glad my story "One Touch" helped give you the inspiration to write this, because this is priceless! :)

Keep up the amazing work!
Hummingbird2 chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Wonderful, thank you!
Tina chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
I loved it. Jadzia’s thoughts about Worf are exactly how I see him and why I love them so much as a couple. I’ve always thought that they completed each other perfectly and they gave each other something no one else could.

I love reading your stories Dax’s10thhost and I hope you’re still working on an AU story where Jadzia lives. I’d like to read about how their relationship would evolve.
Battle Fries chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
So, I was wondering a while back what Jadzia ever saw in Worf, and I think I asked you the same thing not that long ago. I suppose Worf does have those moments where we see a far deeper character than we are usually treated to, and it is easy to see how a 300 year old being like Dax would live for specific moments like that when looking for a lover. I may not be overly fond of the Worf/Jadzia pairing, but you've sold me on what Dax's Eighth Host saw in the man.

One minor thing: Did Torias Dax ever fight in a war? I thought he was a pilot who died in a shuttle accident. I might have missed something.

Overall, a wonderful story that really takes a good look at a relationship that the show itself seemed to want us to take as a given without thought. Looking at it freshly in this story is a real treat, and I thank you for this. :)
Not bad but not canon chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Watch "Playing God" again. Getting married disqualifies a Trill from becoming an Initiate, so Trills are never married before getting joined. Besides, their whole personality changes. What are the odds a marriage would stay together when one person becomes someone else?

The whole character of Dax was changed between seasons one and two, so what she told Julian early on probably isn't true.