Reviews for Curiosity
LavernaG chapter 1 . 11/5
I really liked this little story. Very well written and detailed. You've done a great job with this. Thank you! :)
Thebigsnail chapter 1 . 8/24
OH WOW. Loved this and it's perfect ending!
SecretFruits chapter 1 . 8/11
Oh this might be my favorite yet. (Sorry for all the review spam).

I've always wondered how/if/when Minerva ever figured out what was happening. I love all the small things in here - how Dolores picks up on the her/the, how Minerva almost says 'Potter' then realizes it's not a good idea, canceling her Animagus license...then that last line is just perfect
AvidReader2236 chapter 1 . 2/16
A cracker of a finish, as promised!
Alexannah chapter 1 . 11/7/2015
Wow, this was brilliant, really sent chills down my spine. If Umbridge thinks that threatening Minerva will make her back off, she obviously doesn't know her at all. Personally I imagine Minerva clocking her one when she finds out the truth, I've actually started writing a fic where she gets arrested for assaulting her. But anyway, this is awesome. You captured both characters perfectly and the cat-related lines are great. I love Minerva and Umbridge face off scenes! I know this is supposed to be a one-shot but I'm following it just in case you decide one day to add a second chapter, though I think it really does work as it is.
Accidentally The Whole Fanfic chapter 1 . 9/10/2015
I love seeing these two square off. As disgusting as Umbridge is, she's a pretty awesome villain (well, partly BECAUSE she's so disgusting), and McGonagall... well, yeah, no further explanation needed.

I can easily see this as a little excerpt from Order of the Phoenix because it was written that well. Fully in-character from both sides (actions and dialogue alike), great tone, nice bit of dry humor... creeped me the fuck out, too, just as much as the actual scene with the quill in the book.

I mean, there's something to be said about the fact that even Umbridge knew how nasty and cruel her punishments were, to the point that while she relished them, she knew better than to divulge exactly what was going on. Especially not to McGonagall.

Great job. I'm glad we know damn well how things turn out for both of them in the end, but the fact that you gave it a strong sense of foreboding and gave me chills in spite of that is really something.
TheHamsterInMyMind chapter 1 . 7/19/2015
I am currently envisioning a cross-species transfiguration spell – several creative charms and jinxes, and then a VERY involved memory charm afterwards. :D
tanithlipsky chapter 1 . 1/5/2015
This... Makes me want to throw Dolores into the veil.
Amy chapter 1 . 12/19/2013
LOVE IT! The last line was perfect...just loved the delicious irony. To think that curiosity - not killed, but caused the downfall - of a certain fluffy white cat...
McGonagall25 chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
I liked it a lot. The ending was great.
Saeshmea chapter 1 . 11/16/2013
You're right, the last sentence has a lot of malicious power in this fic, but it is also the reason why I'm going to ask you to please, please, please post a second chapter. And yes, I did read that it was a complete story but, a continuation wouldn't harm ;-)
loveislouder94 chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
I love how McGonagall called them "her" students, it's a perfect way of capturing how protective she is of them. And this was a marvellously clever use of 'curiosity killed the cat.' I also really like how seeing Umbridge's office made McGonagall consider having her Animagi licence revoked, it was a great way of drawing attention to the contrast between the regal nature of McGonagall as a cat and the revolting cats in Umbridge's office. Nice work!
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
These two ... this reminds me of the scene in the movie where they're climbing the steps trying to one-up each other. You're right to be vain about this last line ... and I loved the line about McGonagall canceling her Animagus license too :)
Guest chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
"Oh but your forgetting cats have nine lives" Miverva says as she pulls out her wand and turns Umbridge into a toad and storms out the room.
julesdap chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
Ah, but cats have nine lives, don't they?

I do hate Umbridge, and I'm sure you do too, but you picture her so perfectly in this scene. Wonderous.
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »