Reviews for The Sophomore Year
magiclaud chapter 1 . 8/19
Oh my god, I loved this novel along with the first one. I'd write more but I'm seriously breathless after reading (I feel as if I had some kind of hole in my heart now xD) really though, you're an amazing writer. I laughed my ass of with the first novel and I felt my heart break into tiny pieces with the sequel. I. LOVE. IT. Oh gosh, you just reminded me of how much I love this kind of high school stories! 3
celestialmoon163 chapter 34 . 8/2
What ever happened to Miguel?
Victoria H chapter 33 . 5/17
I haven't reviewed until now, and for that, I apologize.

Both of your stories have definitely influenced the fandom. It may not be as obvious as George deVailer, but all the same you've left your mark. Amazing character interpretations and interactions, great plot, everything moved along nicely overall.

I have been having my own problems, quite similar to the gang in the stories (exclude the media, but then again, rumours in my school spread like wildfire!). It was comforting to see them get through the problems and toughen up along the way. It gives me hope for my own situation, to say the least.

Another thing I may add, your characterization was really creative! It seemed like almost all existing ships in Hetalia were touched upon, despite not being the main ship. I saw Usuk, FrUk, Franada, AmeCan, PruCan, PruHun, IggyChu, RoChu, PoLeit, GiriPan, AusHun, the list could go on. Good job on that. Not many stories do that, or even bash other ships for the sake of another. Also, Human!Tony was the best!

I really feel like I saw these dorks grow and change. I personally hate change; it was actually quite painful for me during the early chapters because I though Alfred was gonna be a douche. But they all changed for the better. Ivan calmed down, Mattie got some backbone, Tony learned to tolerate Arthur...XD.

Now about the rape scene. I think it was executed very well. I know lots of people are not comfortable with that topic, me NOT being one of them, but you did it pretty good. Arthur wasn't just a weak crybaby, he had his times of anger, melancholy, and contemplation. And Alfred, being Alfred, tried to be the hero and messed up a bit. We're all human, it was to be expected.

This review is long enough as it is, so, yeah. 10/10, would publish to be a real book (No sarcasm).
I'd say I really enjoy how reckless Arthur is being due to depression (as you said) and have Alfred protecting him (cleverly). It didn't happen often and I wish it did :)
I swear I've tried to create some sort of praise for your story but all I've got is "France and Canada are so understanding and touching!" And for the negative side, what have you done to Arthur and Alfred..? What have they done to you, exactly? These chaps keep making me cringe in horror, please put more fluff for them. Seriously, I thought this is tragedy tagged.
Your ranting about your real life sure sounded awful. Ik I'm not involved but hope that it gets better for you! This fanfic is quite nice too. :)
shingekinolife chapter 34 . 3/27
So I'm going to leave a review for both "The Invitational Year" and "The Sophomore Year".

Can I just say...wow. I blazed through both stories in the span of a week, reading it whenever I had a moment to spare because, damn- you are the most phenomenal writer I have ever had the fortune to stumble across.

The Invitational Year was just so real. It was relatable and something we've all been through in high school- from awkward puberty years to high school drama. I love the fact that you made Alfred a dork- it made me love him 100 times more because I can see myself in him 100% back when I was in high school- a braces wearing, sci-fi nerd who didn't know when to give up.

The Sophomore Year really hit home though. I've only ever teared up for one other story on this site, but I was straight up crying while reading this one. You've managed to write a story that contains so many emotions, but you manage it well. I definitely had to stop reading once in a while, just to really process what was happening. I love the development you made each of the characters go through. They're so dynamic and wonderful. I have to admit, Francis and Matthew were my favourite couple in these two stories, so when that whole depressing arc happened between them, I was honestly just desperately hoping that they'd work through it and get back together because you made them such a cute couple! The only thing I felt was missing was Miguel- since you mentioned something about Alex and him in one the chapters, but it wasn't really expanded upon- I think it would have been cool to have understood more of Alex's backstory and friendship with Matthew.

But, other than that, both this and the Invitational Year have definitely made it to the number 1 spot of my favourite fanfictions on this website. You've done a phenomenal job and I feel kind of empty now that I've finished reading these two fics :( But I'm glad I got the chance to read them anyways!
Guest chapter 8 . 11/10/2015
"You guys, I have a GPS on my phone. We can all just take the same path to the airport and I'm pretty sure no one has to walk through any woods" oh Alfred honey. You really think it's a wonder your grandfather thinks you've gone "soft in the head"?
Guest chapter 34 . 10/19/2015
WARNING: the following review contains spoilers. DO NOT read unless having read the Invitational Year and it's sequel the Sophmore Year (I'm reviewing both in this one review so yeah)
wow. Just simply wow. This fan fiction made me laugh until I cried, angry at the world, fall in love, have my heart broken, learn to live again, and finally (FINALLY!) have a happy ending. Simply amazing. I love your humor, especially when it comes to Alfred. "the molt" was priceless! I fell off my chair while laughing. It hurt me so much to watch Alfred's feeling of unworthiness, something I deeply connected to, and how it affected both him and Arthur. I connected to so many of these characters in so many ways; Arthur's low self-esteem leading to self destruction, Alfred's restraint and denial when it comes to what he wants (what he wants being Arthur), Francis's need to flirt to try to fill the emptiness inside, and Mathew being tired of being unnoticed and walked on. Though parts were a bit unrealistic (getting intimate at fifteen), others (the flow of the relationships themselves) seemed very accurate. I like how you didn't pull a Disney (aka no fights, no break ups, together with the first person and staying with them forever) but made each relationship have its ups and downs. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how determined Alfred was to make a difference with his hero club and how he knew him and Arthur weren't done (even if he had to go to Francis for advice on romance). This made me so anxious and upset but also made me squeal and get a little hot under the collar if you catch my drift ;). Omg Arthur's dad made me crack up. But on a much more serious note, OMFG THE SEX TAPE! I just can't fathom someone doing that to someone else! Recording and then releasing for the world to see someone preparing themselves for their partner is so beyond not okay! And then Arthur thought it was Alfred! Even though it was only for a split second it truly broke my heart to see how emotionally confused, detatched, and untrusting they had become. I will say though, during the scene where Peter used his detective kit in Arthur's room, I thought it was Ivan under the bed. Not to rape Arthur but to see if the rapist came in. Maybe I just read it wrong though. I kind of suspected everyone but no one at the same time for what happened to Arthur. Like everyone who I had down was highly unlikely (aka Tony, Francis though I was hoping not, Ivan but he was Arthur's rescuer, etc). I also thought it might've been someone we hadn't met yet like an OC or 2p America. It kind of makes sense that it's Mike though. He didn't like Alfred down at the end of the hallway and wouldn't let them kiss that one time. Also since he was a security guard he could place the camera in Arthur's room really easily and catch him "in the act" ;). Although maybe I shouldn't be smiling at that. I can relate to how Arthur felt, how dirty you feel for liking it and even having fantasies afterwards that seem sick and wrong. I also like how, even though the relationship wasn't a walk in the park, Alfred and Arthur still got their happy ending! Really, I'm just a big old sap! I wish you the best of luck in rewriting this, I know how much of a pain that is, and hope you continue to produce beautiful works of art! But maybe with a little more smut ;P. As a parting I will tell you this: yesterday I watched the shining for the first time. Then I finished this fic and found out who the rapist was. Last night trying to go to sleep, I had to sleep with my back facing the wall. Not because I was afraid of Jack Nicholson, but because I was afraid of Mike. Waaaaaa I still have much more to say but this has already gotten so long. I'm gonna go re-read this and sigh at how simple the Invitational Year was and try to find clues that suggest Mike as a rapist. Ciao 3
Dreamshipper229 chapter 34 . 9/5/2015
It feels so strange for this to be over. I'm sad but glad to have finished this :,). Seeing them start from freshman year all the way up into their adult lives gets you strangely attached you know? I have to say, this was much more dramatic than the usual stories I read but the way you wrote it didn't overwhelm me THAT much. Also, I can't believe it was MIKE! Ugh and I actually grew to liking him :(.. Anyways I really liked this fic and I'm so glad I read this! I was an amazing ride that took me almost two weeks to finish ( it kept me up a lot at night I may add :D) Good job! Xoxo
placedesiredname chapter 32 . 8/20/2015
I saw that it was Mike a mile away. Literally when Mike introduced himself I was like 'Arthur, that guy right there is your stalker.' But I tried to curb that thought and think of other possible people but it kept pointing back to Mike
Guest chapter 15 . 8/3/2015
lol yao and ivan have big roles during halloween xD
that teacher is best teacher he needs a gold star
it does depend on what kind of candy arthur
if its not drugged poisoned or tampered and is really good and sweet its candyyy or you know just eat it anyway wink wink
Guest chapter 14 . 8/3/2015
lol ukfemus; thats really cuteee :3
alfred what happened to animanga and dramas with kikuuu how did you fall out of the fandoms so fasttt :o
Guest chapter 13 . 8/3/2015
this story will give me heart attacks
also wAS THAT PRUAUS MENTIONED
/dies everywhere
Guest chapter 12 . 8/3/2015
drama my god
this could all be solved if you all talked
do you understand talking child
talk damn it