Reviews for The Sophomore Year
Wow, I honestly can't believe I just spent 2 full days finishing both fics 0.0 this is great! But, I hope you're happy I'm gonna fail my exams now..(like tomorrow, high school bums me out during exam periods ) jkjk
Thumbs up tho, I absolutely love it :)
smileyanomia chapter 5 . 4/1
I need sleep o.o its been days that i was up all night-morning just to read your book -
KIRI NO BASHOE chapter 33 . 3/28
Okay, I know this is late, but I'll still review, just like everyone else, because this story deserves it. YOU deserves it.
For starter, this is the first USUK (long) story I've read. (Well, maybe not THIS story, An Invitational Year is the first story, but you get it...) And at the start when I read the first few chpts in An Invitational Year, you were still writing in the Author's Note that you have no idea how to continue and stuff like that, but what happened? WALA! 40 chpts! And 30 for this story! You deserve a pat on the shoulder (and good reviews) for this!
Now regarding the story, the summary is exactly what I had been looking out for when I first entered USUK fandom, and the whole story is pretty much how I expected to go like... But... BUT! Whenever I thought that something will be solved, like in AIY, the 'Alfred-Unicorn', which our cute little Arttie kindly puts it, will stop Arthur's jealousy and prevent him from going for the Christmas party with Francis . But no, in the end Francis kissed him and they both got drunk and Al had go carry Arttie back to their room and Arttie just threw up on him in return. And in this case, the Hallway Project, not only did it NOT touched Arthur, it pissed him off THAT badly that he three a tantrum in the hallways, like... For the first time since the rape incident. He punched dear Al and later 'dumped' him in the most humiliating way possible, getting fucked by Celio and pretty much shown that to Alfred in front of the whole school.
So what I'm trying to say is, this story (story for Al and Arttie, not the story itself, does that make sense?) ISN'T perfect. Things don't always turn out like how we hope them to. And when the characters screwed up, we're seriously not joking that they SCREWED BLOODY F***ED UP! Like the video of Arthur, for both the piercing and the sex, it was released to the public, with media from all over the world and interview and police and all that. How is that not screwed up to a seriously bad level? I've read many fanfics, the police almost never appear except if rape/kidnapping is involved. But this... OMG, and they've even been to jail before... But the point is, they screwed up big times, but things always turn out well in the end, one way or another. Sometimes according to plan, but most of the time no. Like for Al and Arttie, that day Alfred had pretty much lost Arthur and has already given up on him already, but what happened in the end? Not only have they cleared things up, they also got back together (finally!) and made up/out! :D! YAY!
The characters were IC. TOO IC, if I put it. I know Hetalia consists of characters from across the globe and all of them have different habits and rules and all, and they can't work together like... almost all the time. They fight, they argue, they were even sent to the councilor together. But throughout the story, whether it be USUK, FranCana or RussiaxChina, the characters were always supportive of one another, and showed that why they are 'friends' instead of others like Alfred's football mates and the fan-group. And that, is honestly touching.
Love your story all and all, you did an amazing job in both the characters and the plot. It's AWESOME!
Gilbert: someone called me?
Me: Not you! But yes, you're awesome too. :)
Kawaiipandagirl chapter 20 . 3/11
Please, put a warning before the belt bit... I have been hit with one like that in the past by someone who caused me a lot of emotional damage...
iluvfandoms1 chapter 7 . 3/5
Franny is (literally) a fucker.
Alice chapter 34 . 2/15
Although this is to late now, I really, really loved this story. I cried several times, and I went through those stories in less than one week. The ending was so beautiful, and I've got really emotional.
This was like the best thing ever, and I mean it.
Asylumurderess chapter 33 . 1/18
Hey, I know this is a little late, and probably won't mean as much, but...I really loved this. It has been one of the best I have read, and that is saying something. This story took so many twists and turns I was never bord, and most of the time could not put it down. It got so bad that I forgot to do my homework, haha. You made the characters so amazing, an I believe that if you changed the names, this could be a very successful novel. Never stop writing, look forward to reading more! :)
jace chapter 6 . 12/22/2014
francis u are literally seventeen omfg
iiIGGY.BROWSii chapter 33 . 12/14/2014
So I know you're done with this story, but I thought that you'd still love to hear how much I LOVED this series. Have you ever started watching or reading something and you just love it so much that I t takes up you're free time. "Oh, done with homework...read/watch it!" "Oh, we're doing nothing in class...read/watch it!" "Oh, I'm sitting at home doing nothing...read/watch it!" "Oh, I'm at CHURCH...fruking CHURCH! Read/watch it!" Then you finish it and you're just sitting there like, "what do I do with my life now?" That is my (for lack of a better word) relationship with this fanfic and the one before it. I have plush dolls of both America and Britain and whenever they did something in here that pissed me off I threw them (mainly Alfred but occasionally Iggy. I just love him too much to stay mad at him.) I laughed. I cried for hours on end. You turned a song that I previously associated with FrUk into a UsUk song. I screamed. I raged. I pulled a horror movie and constantly said "don't do it!" I wanted to murder an unknown person. I yelled "I KNEW IT!" When I found out who that person was at roughly 4 am. I stayed up all night to read this. If I haven't conveyed to you how much I love this fanfic and how amazing it is in this...then I don't know what will convey that.

Long story short: I loved this and you are an amazing author _
lilithswonder chapter 24 . 12/12/2014
Idk if you still look at these comments, but if anyone does, and is dealing with things like what happened to Arthur, I just want you to know there is hope, things will get better. And that you are never alone. Even though digging yourself out of that place to see that others are there feels impossible...you can do it. :) The time it takes...its different for everyone. And how you deal with it is different. I found this song, it helped me a bit. And if it could help anyone else then it is worth a shot. Its called "Hope of Morning" by Icon for Hire. Everyone has different music taste, bit I hope you can take away a small sense of peace like I did. The best video with lyric on YouTube is posted by Ethelia Jumper. Just know that there is always hope, and you are strong enough to overcome. You are beautiful. And you are intelligent. The road ahead may be long, but you can make the journey, and you will be stronger on the other side when you come out.
Xandrie chapter 33 . 11/4/2014
Hi! I'm a new reader of this story and I just want you to know that you're amazing! This is one of the greatest story I've ever read so far, and I totally loved it!

Well, that's all... Have a good day!
dreamycloud97 chapter 33 . 10/14/2014
OMG... I just want to say... YOU'RE A FANTASTIC AUTHOR! Probably one of the best I've seen who can carry a long story with such great plot, flow and planning. XD
I'm proud to say I've practically marathoned your series for a week LOL. it's so addicting and your character portrayal and the way you depict their emotional turmoils as well as the suspense and tension in the story is absolutely amazing!
It's amazing how you manage to make the events so smooth and make them all click together in the end, despite the length of the whole story. You truly are a dedicated and talented writer! :)
I also absolutely LOVE all the characters you wrote about, even if their characters are a bit different from the canon. Your characters are all very in depth and realistic, and that's what makes them lovable! . it's also rare for someone to have such great OCs! I loved each one of them haha, they all seem so nice! XD
Kinda sad that I've finished the story... it was a really wonderful AU that makes me wish it was actually canon ;w;
Once again, I think you've done a really REALLY good job in this story and actually this is one of my first Hetalia fanfics haha and you've got me totally hooked! Great job! XD
WesternBird chapter 34 . 10/6/2014
Your story is so amazing! It is full of emotion and depth. I hope to read more of your work so please keep writing. I can't even begin to tell you how much I loved it. I really felt for each of the characters. Although it was a bit darker perhaps than the first part of the series. Thank you for writing.
Shan chapter 14 . 8/29/2014
Awww... Gilbert's such a sweet babe
anniebear2295 chapter 28 . 5/13/2014